1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

SRK-Sush in Viveck Vaswani's DULHA MIL GAYA?

Discussion in 'Dulha Mil Gaya' started by Rajshri, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Rajshri

Rajshri Well-Known Member

SRK-Sush in Viveck Vaswani's DULHA MIL GAYA?

By Manissha Despaande, Bollywood Trade News Network

If things fall in place, Viveck Vaswani's Insight Productions is set to take a major leap in production in association with the Trinidad and Tobago Goverment (T & T) for its forthcoming film, DULHA MIL GAYA. The film which is budgeted at several crores, will be the first film to be shot on the Carribean island and may have some known international star players in it, one of them being star cricketer Brian Lara. The film marks the directorial debut of Mudassar Aziz, writer of Tanuja Chandra's ZINDAGGI ROCKS and Mahesh Bhatt's SHOWBIZ and was recently in the news when reports filtered in of Viveck confirming Brian Lara and Sachin Tendulkar to play stellar roles in the film. However Viveck Vaswani, who has pioneered the whole exercise, has denied having ever approached Tendulkar for the film, though Brian Lara could be confirmed to play a guest appearance in the film.

Vaswani has decided to approach Sushmita Sen to play the central character in the film. "Mudassar is keen on working with Sushmita after having worked on the dialogues of ZINDAGGI ROCKS. I wanted the Trinidad deal to happen prior to that. Now that it has happened, we are planning to meet Sushmita with a bound script. Besides, I have known Sushmita since the time she worked with Mukul Dev in DASTAK, ten years ago. Mukul was living in my house then and I have been closely following her career ever since," Vaswani reveals.

More interestingly, he is planning to approach, Shah Rukh Khan to play the role of a rich, Trinidadian millionaire. It may be recalled that Vaswani had cast Shah Rukh in the early years of his career when he produced RAJU BAN GAYA GENTLEMAN, with Aziz Mirza. The film was the directorial debut of Mirza and had made him the most sought after director thereafter.

Vaswani, who is just back from Trinidad after filming the probable locations for the film, is all charged up about the project. "The title of the film has become the hottest title in the industry and we have been inundated with calls from producers asking us to part with the title," he reveals.

Vaswani, who has also written the story of DULHA MIL GAYA, describes it as a warm and witty film set in Trinidad that will have many firsts to its credits. Vaswani has even fixed the release date of the film in May 2007 and has already struck a deal for the international rights of the film. "It is one of the finest stories I have written and will be one of the most promising directorial debut of 2007, with Mudassar doing the screenplay, dialogues, lyrics and the direction. He is an incredible powerhouse of talent," he smiles.

2. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Thanks Rajshri.:)

I know you must be thrilled about Shah Rukh working with Sushmita (if this is true).:p:D

3. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

I was told vivik was the one who discovered or introduced srk to hindi cinema, I don't know if this is true.

4. Poonam

Poonam New Member

Not exactly discovered. But he was one of SRK's earliest buddies in Mumbai. He recognised the powerhouse of talent and ambition that SRK was. I always remember his quote about Shah Rukh - "One day, this guy will own Bollywood." Prophetic words, what say? :D

5. Rajshri

WHAHAHAHA Naughty! [​IMG]:p

6. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

Viveck Vaswani sounds very confident about his film.

Yes Wafa.. he was the guy who put Shah Rukh in the "right place" in Mumbai!
    If this is true... I'm looking forward to this movie! :)

7. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Woh to main hoon!:p And when I'm with Shah Rukh...boy are we naughty!:whip::D

8. KhushiDreamz

KhushiDreamz G.One Squad Member

Hmm Trinidad..Wow Carribean..Wow I imaging Shah Rukh and Sushmita dancing Soca or Tassa!!!!! :lol: That would be something man..finally something new than london and USa!!!!

9. Lia

Lia Well-Known Member

Wow... that will be a great project. SRK-Sush again, I can't wait.

10. I<3SRK

I<3SRK New Member

I wanna see Sush and SRK together again :nod: and it's sounds very interesting ... thanks Rajshri :thumb:

11. Rajshri

OMG WAHAHAHAH you and your whip [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Rani's scene in Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna would have been just PERFEFT for you! :p

12. Michelle

Michelle THE BAADSHAH RULES!

interesting!!!would be happy if sush n srk will work together!!they looked good together in mhn.:)thanks for sharing rajshri.

13. kimmy

kimmy Member

I've always liked susmita and srk pairing, I hope this news is true.

14. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

thx rajjo
    would be nice to see her paring with srk again

15. Chicken

Chicken ♥ ♥

I hope it's not true :pray:... :p ... although Main Hoon Na is one of my all-time favourite movies... but I just don't like Sush that much... don't trust that woman... :spider:

But thanks anyway Rajjo... ;)

16. layla-val

layla-val Active Member

Why don't you trust her Gai :rolleyes: :eek:

I liked her in MHN, but in interviews she seems overpowering :scared:

And if they have slated a release date for May 2007, then they will have to get their skates on :p :D

It would be nice to see the locations of Trinidad and Tobago though,:D very exotic :p :D

Thanks for sharing this Rajshri :D I guess it will be all down to dates :rolleyes: :D

17. Azra

Azra Member

I like Sush in MHN and it'll be great to see her again with Shahrukh. I am not a fan of her but she is beautiful and she is a good actress. I am still waiting for my chance.....:madgrin:

18. special_koe

special_koe New Member

Thanks Rajjo, I would love to see them together again. Love her! :thumb:

Maybe Sush :drama: has not many fans in this forum anymore since her hugging-attack at the zindagi-rocks-launch :D. Everyone is jealous. Mee too;)

19. Anoush

Anoush SRK's Lovely Sister

thank you so much for the article

we will wait and see

20. lamya

lamya Well-Known Member

i quite liked sush and srks' pairing, so if this news is true....i'm really looking forward to see both of them in this movie