SRK Signs BAJIRAO MASTANI?

Discussion in 'Moviewala' started by Karan#1, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Krisi_love_SRK Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Name:
    Krisi Mihova
    Me too. Whenever witch actress will be in this or other movie,the most part important is SRK ,no other. !:D If he will be in movie will be amazing.moreover, it can make any actress to him to shine:p Whether it's Katrina, whether Deеpika, Priyanka, Kajol .......... Importantly Shahrukh be optionally.I read that inflect the name of Ajay Devgan....Well, he definitely will not go along with any of these beautiful ladies.........Honestly even I wonder how Kajol married him ..........:biggrin1:But love is blind...........
    Lorraine and raksha anantharam thank this.
  2. semsem008 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Name:
    Sarah
    i dont know why i find it v difficult to believe this article
    is slb gonna make a commercial film?
    is it because shahrukh film with anushka now they try to replace her with deeipka exactly as it happend before? keeping katrina constant?
    another film with 2 girls?
    i dont want this to be true
  3. Karan#1 Moody SRK fan

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    yeah slb is making a commercial film (he's made some before as well), what's wrong with that?
    JTHJ's casting has nothing to do with Bajirao Mastani's casting, why would it? And its just a rumour at the moment that SRK, deepika and katrina are in it.
    Though I hope it's not true as well. Not really into sanjay leela bhansali type of films (I haven't even watched devdas or any film he's directed).
  4. semsem008 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Name:
    Sarah
    as you said you didnt see any of Slb films so you dont know if they are commercial or not... i saw his recent films and all of them werent commercial
    and i see that JTHJ casting has a lot to do with Bajirao Mastani's casting if they are the same casting ... normally :)
  5. Karan#1 Moody SRK fan

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    you can tell from the look of the film and the scale at which it was received (so devdas and hum dil de chuke sanam were commercial films, i think i watched a bit of hum dil de chuke sanam). If bajirao mastani's casting had anything to do with jthj's casting then it would be the same cast (but even if it was, that would most likely just be a coincidence). SLB is an experienced directer, he would know what cast his film requires without having to look at another film. I doubt SRK is even doing this.
  6. elimeten Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Name:
    Ima
    Sanjay Leela Bhansali: Not even thinking about Bajirao Mastani

Wednesday, Apr 17, 2013, 10:52 IST | Agency: DNA

Putting to rest reports that he is in “advanced stages of talks” with Deepika Padukone and Katrina Kaif and that he is considering Shah Rukh Khan for his dream-project Bajirao Mastani, Sanjay Leela Bhansali says he isn’t considering reviving that project at all. “At the moment I am only focussing on Ram Leela. I am not even thinking about any other project.”

A member of the filmmaker’s crew adds, “We really don’t know where the rumour of Deepika and Katrina playing the two female leads in Bajirao Mastani came from, because Sanjay has not spoken to any actress, or actor about that project. When he’s shooting he’s completely consumed by the film on hand. He talks to Deepika only about her character. In fact he calls her Leela and when she messages him she signs Leela.”

As for Katrina and SRK, SLB hasn’t spoken to either about Bajirao Mastani. Says the source, “The film is not happening at the moment. It won’t till SLB’s next project either.”

The film’s original cast was Salman Khan, Kareena Kapoor and Rani Mukerji.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainme...nsali-not-even-thinking-about-bajirao-mastani

Chill guys. He's not even thinking about the film. :p
    Rayhana, Lorraine and semsem008 thank this.
  7. semsem008 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Name:
    Sarah
    here is the difference between you and me... i dont see devdas or that other film (i didnt see this one) to be commercial... but anyway you know better about your cinema
  8. semsem008 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Name:
    Sarah
    i am relieved :)
  9. Karan#1 Moody SRK fan

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    I was referring to commercial as in big budget, big at the box office, watched by a lot of people etc. That sort of film. But yeah most of his films aren't overly commercial.
  10. Rayhana Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    can someone elaborate on the story for me..Who exactly was Bajirao?? what happened to his first wife when he fell in love and decided to get married again?? Just for future reference incase Shahrukh does decide to do it or whatever...
  11. Lorraine Active Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Name:
    Lorraine Myers
    I don't have anything against the other women, truly I don't, but I just do not want those women (Deepika, Katrina, Kareena) to be in anymore movies with Shahrukh for awhile. I wanted Kajol in Chennai Express not Deepika. I do not dislike Deepika. I just prefer Kajol's style of acting in romantic comedies and her chemistry with Shahrukh. Or even Ash.. in the next movies. Or if there is the right part for her, Anushka. Age difference between her and SRK does not matter with right story and part. People in real life today have even greater age differences. I can understand Shahrukh wanting to act with the other women and I want him to have what he likes best. When I'm in the mood to see them, I enjoy their parts in movies. But, I'm just tired of portrayals of sexy - bombshell types right now. There's too much of it these days. So many movies of all types -- including for kids -- have women who look like that now and it is getting boring, at least for me.
  12. Lorraine Active Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Name:
    Lorraine Myers
    Poor guy would be yanked in every different direction if we had that power, wouldn't he? :eek:
  13. Lorraine Active Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Name:
    Lorraine Myers
    This comment of mine has nothing to do with Bajirao Mastani or that movie but If you still have not watched Devdas, yet, you may want to put it on your list of Shahrukh's movies to see. Personally, I am too emotionally sensitive to be able to watch it more than once. But, if I thought I could handle it, I would have watched it many more times. Shahrukh's acting was more than superb in this movie, too realistic actually, for me. I could not separate him from the character he portrays. However, I would not have wanted to miss seeing this movie. I hope you do watch it sometime and let us know what you think of it. I would be curious to know how you feel about it.
    Rayhana says thanks.
  14. Karan#1 Moody SRK fan

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    I know I should have watched it (hear it is one of Shah Rukh's best films and acting performances) and feel as a fan that I haven't, but it's the tragic story that detracted me from watching it. Don't have the time for it at the moment but I'll watch it soon when I get the chance and write a short a review.
  15. Lorraine Active Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Name:
    Lorraine Myers
    Don't feel bad. I put off watching it for a long time too for the same reason. I knew it would be difficult for me to watch it knowing Shahrukh was playing the role of Devdas and I knew what was going to happen to Devdas. The movie has some flaws, but if you are not a critic, you probably won't notice them. Shahrukh, however, was right on the mark. I can't say watching his agony did not have a bad affect on me because the truth is, it was a horrible experience. But, if I could find the courage to watch it again, I would not hesitate. And, remember, if you have a tuff/tough time with it, we are here for you.
  16. raksha anantharam Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Bajirao was a peshwa for marathas ( i.e., prime minister ) he was very well known for his courage,determination, heroism etc.. He is married to keshibai & has 2 sons. He comes from an orthodox brahmin family, probably he lived in 17th/18th century..
    On the other hand, Mastani's father is a king & she is born to him & muslim mother ( her father is hindu ) Bajirao accidently saves Mastani's father from "villians" & happens to see Mastani.. She'll be epitome of beauty, a strong woman & she is a master at martial arts, bajirao falls for mastani - by seeing all these qualities & Mastani too will fall for him.. They get married inspite of all "obstacles" ( I won't go deep into this ) & leaving his first wife behind & 2 sons.. One who supports through all this is "the king of marathas".. Then Mastani gives birth to a boy, Bajirao wanted their son to grow up with the same principles as he did.. He approches many priests to accept him as brahmin's son & to tie a thread which most of the brahmin boys wear, but all the priests in the town refuse this, bajirao is angry & hence changes his mind & brings him up by muslim moralities & principles..
    Meanwhile bajirao goes to fight for a war, but dies due to heart-attack in a camp before the war.. So, for his cremation his first wife keshibai,2 sons, his brother, mastani & her son join.. Mastani could not handle his death, so she commits suicide leaving her young muslim son behind.. Keshibai comes to the rescue of the boy & at the end keshibai,her two sons & mastani's son live happily..
    On the contrary, Bajirao's & Mastani's son grew up just as Bajirao - heroism,nature,character etc.. & he dies in a war for marathas too..
    This is the story,hope I didnt drag it.. :)
    & this is the story which is widely accepted, there are some other lines of story too but it's not recognised & believed.. :)
    frenchfan, TessaRose, Sofie and 3 others thanked this.
  17. Rayhana Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Thanx yaar really appreciate it.Exactly the kind of explaining I was hoping for.
    Mara says thanks.
  18. raksha anantharam Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Your welcome.. :hug:
  19. mo0on-light SRK FAN nO1

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Bansali want Srk

According to an insider, Sanjay Leela Bhansali wants only Shah Rukh Khan for Bajirao Mastani. While the names of various actors have been doing the rounds, the lead actor for Bhansali’s ambitious film is still not finalised, as the director is keen on signing SRK. Now it remains to be seen whether King Khan gives his nod for the project. Watch this space for more.

http://www.filmfare.com/news/bhansali-w ... -3494.html
    Rayhana says thanks.
  20. Rayhana Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Y'know after understanding what the story is about and with Sanjay leela Bansaali as the director, I'm praying there is truth to this and that Shahrukh accepts this.:pray: This is exactly what I want to see from Shah Rukh now! I was gutted when he didn't do Jodha Akbar so I really hope this works out!.