1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

srk play a muslim guy in chak de india!

Discussion in 'Chak De India' started by shahrukhfan, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Aishagul

Aishagul Turkish Delight :p

Thanks Dilşat.. When I said "this is a reality everywhere" I was talking about the commercial aspect as well.. did not mean it was political or anything.. just wanted to clarify.. And I agree with everything else you said.. :)

2. semaay

semaay Senior Member

I was thinking about this when I got through my collection of SRK movies, noticing that he only played one time a muslim character in his movies. It is nice to see him play a muslim character again. Aishagul gave really good arguments, I agree with her. But whether he plays a Christian, Hindu, Jewish (that would be interesting to see) or Muslim, we love our SRK in every role!

3. Alana

Alana New Member

Thank you very much for writing some more words. This is what I wanted, a reason why you want to see him as a muslim. It's a little bit boring to read only, "oh great" I mean why is it so great?

So I hope there are some more people who write their opinions.

Ah and BTW I can agree with this statement too. And of course I'm looking forward what kind of movie it will be. But I think when it's not a movie about religion, it doesn't matter what religion the character has.

4. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

thank you Aish,this pretty much sums it up for many of us.
    its not about being religious, its about the character and the difference in authenticity in his performance. I'm curious how and what would his character do as a musilm vs. his previous roles, since there is some focus in the film on his religion.

5. dilos

dilos Well-Known Member

hi ayşegul..
    I totaly agree with your point of view ,well said..:hug:
    we muslims are all need a better model -especially- the young and exicited ones I hope this will be one ..srk gives soul to all characters he plays and I hope it will inspire all

6. kirantoocute

kirantoocute I love Sahir Khan!!

Hey Aishagul! I'm totally, 100% with you on this, I really agree with you!!!:thumb:

7. Cristina4him

Cristina4him Inspector number 8

I thought he was the bright spot in Hey Ram! I'm pretty sure the character he played in CC was too. Anyhow, I think he can bring positive energy to any movie. I would love to see him in this role.

8. annasimran

annasimran New Member

oh its gud let c if he vill rock bollywood or not! but i know he vil!!!

9. coolcat

coolcat Well-Known Member

wow finally we will see him as muslim lover

10. kzaara

kzaara New Member

thanx guyz good to know that

11. Anoush

Anoush SRK's Lovely Sister

wowwwww good choice srk
    i think it will be amazing film
    i can't wait to see how srk will play this role

12. Anoush

Anoush SRK's Lovely Sister

Aishagul , you have a pointe in your talk
    but i don't agree with you
    bc
    1- there is alot of moslems in india
    2- there is many films talks about moslems and hundos
    3- srk must make varity and play all roles , he played christine and moslems so there is on problem in that
    4- srk is so intellegent so he will not make any role that will upset the viewrs
    5- it is the time to the world to know how moslimes is thinking and live
    6- it is the time for all indian pepole to stop the war betewen mouslems and hindous

so i am agree with srk in playing this role and allah bless him forever

13. tixa

tixa New Member

I think too that he choosed the right time to play this role. I´m looking forward to see him in this movie!

14. Shina001

Shina001 Tina

I agree

15. nisha

nisha New Member

I also thought the same Lia :) and you are right as long as its srk I will still love the movie the same.

16. Poonam

Poonam New Member

Well said, Aishagul. Alana, in response to your query, these things may not matter in the West, but in India, where religious identity plays a large role in society, it's good to have a popular public figure like Shahrukh playing a character from a minority community. I'm especially glad he's a hockey coach because that's atypical. We generally get to see Muslims as religious leaders/terrorists/poor people or some stereotype like this. Rarely as modern, educated, professional people. So it's good to have characters from mainstream films breaking these stereotyped images and showing that people from minorities can also be "just like us".

17. semaay

semaay Senior Member

Poonam, you are right! I have noticed that for example Hrithik Roshan in his short career played already two times a Moslem in his movie - but every time he was a terrorist! I agree with you in the point that there are quite stereotypes when it comes to minority groups.

Just yesterday I was watching Army again and there was this scene were the 5 guys - 2 Hindus, 2 Moslems, 1 Christian - are attacked and ask Sridevi for a gun. She is not able to give it because she was in pain (labour pain) which the guys do not know at that point of time. After the fight 2 of them really get mad at her because they feel betrayed and want to harm her (rape or kill, who knows) - it were the 2 Moslems. It might be coincidence, I do not know, but I thought why?

Anyway, I relly look forward to this movie!

18. Alana

Alana New Member

I agree with you, because I think in the moment it counts in general. When I loo how the situation in the moment is for the islamic world it will be good ehen he plays a muslim.
    What I don't get untill now is why it's important that he has a beard for this role, I mean he his muslim and hasn't one and I know enough muslims who haven't one. Ok to see more cleary which religion he has could be a point but I'm sure you could should show it other,
    And second why the religion is important in this movie. So I'm very curious about the story the movie will have. In the moment I can't figure it out.

19. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

From Poonam:
    Unfortunately at the moment is does matter if you are a muslim in the West, but not for religious reasons. Terrorism seems to be the only issue the media reports on, including how the (muslim) community responds to it, as if this is the whole sum of their existence. It must be really hard to live as a muslim just now with this constant scrutiny.

It will be intersting to see if srk being a muslim is incidental to the plot or if there is point being made.

Either way - Shahrukh Rules!

20. Mannat

Mannat SHAHRUKH's wifey ;)

:scared: Kabir Khan :scared:

That's a lovely name :heart:....! I really like the concept of the film........ and SRK playing a MUSLIM guy..... makes it even more interesting.. :D :rolleyes: ..!

And........ I'm already in LOVE with KABIR KHAN..... :love: ..... 'can't wait'