1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

SRK on Twitter, Facebook & Whosay (2014)

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by phul, Dec 31, 2013.

1. tasifa

tasifa which means Blue Eyes in Thai.

Is it just me? but his words made me feel sad. It is beautifully written, but there is an underlayer of sadness to it, even if he says it is not a tragedy to be alone amidst millions of admirers.

Mara and rubyroo thank this.
  2. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

He always seems a bit melancholy when He's being reflective, but then in the next instance he laughs at people taking themselves too seriously. He's a chameleon, enigmatic and a complete mystery- which I suspect is just how he likes to keep it. :D

Dea, nika, Amber.K and 3 others thanked this.
  3. tasifa

I know. It's the beauty of Shahrukh. He takes you from crying to laughing in the span of an instant. Wouldn't want him any other way.

Dea, nika, Mara and 1 other person say thanks.
  4. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

That excerpt was brilliant. So deep as well.

"But it tastes bloody good"... going by this bit and what follows, I don't think he's sad. He's happy to be such a big star.

Dea, Mara and rubyroo thank this.
  5. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

I think it’s the dichotomy most celebrities experience, of being loved by the world, while being alone at the top. Though I do think the extent of this feeling is greatly intensified in Shah Rukh’s case, given the depth at which he experiences emotions, the amount of love he gives to and receives from his fans, as well as the status and significance given to stars in India in general. While I feel a certain sadness in a lot of what he writes, I also feel it’s with a sense of acceptance that what he experiences comes by virtue of being who he is, as well as a sense of gratitude for everything he’s been given.

As Shah Rukh himself says, “I don't want to have a normal life. Actors work half their life to get recognized, then spend half their life wearing dark glasses so people don't recognize them. I don't like wearing dark glasses. I'm happy with the fact that people know me. I want people to scream and shout at me, I want people to trouble me when I'm having lunch. I like six bodyguards around me. I love being a star.”

“My emotions and actions are all objects open for sale and analysis.” I do hope he knows, however, that while there are those in the media, as well as his oft referred to “psycho-analysts”, trying to attach a meaning to his every word and action, that his fans do this (as we’re doing at this very moment, analyzing this passage) simply as a means of trying to understand someone they love so deeply, but will never actually know. At the same time, while he says he his emotions and actions are open for sale, that he is a beautiful object, he also often refers to the sense of ownership people feel over him, and how that makes him feel loved, and we’re once again back to that dichotomy…I think in a sense it’s the life we all lead, we make sacrifices, compromises, or whatever name we’d like to give them, to pursue a passion, a goal, a dream, our happiness…we’re all keenly aware of the challenges that may come with it, but we wouldn’t give it up for anything, knowing it’s fully worth all the beauty that comes with it…as Shah Rukh says, "It tastes bloody good."

I do find it interesting though, that the dichotomy Shah Rukh experiences receiving so much love yet still feeling alone, I also experience as a fan, having moments of feeling such intense closeness to him, along with moments of feeling/realizing, that perhaps, no matter how much I read or hear for him, the truth is, I don’t know him and I love, at best, a perception of someone. I don’t believe that to be completely true as no matter how good an actor you are, I think parts of the real you, especially for someone who appears so genuine and to follow his heart, are bound to come through…but I do have fleeting moments of immense sadness and loneliness, thinking, at the end of the day, what really is all this? Of course, typical to Shah Rukh, two seconds later I'll read something sweet he said and feel happy again, but it definitely is something I go through...anyone else experience this?

Sorry for the rambling and if this is totally irrelevant...

CEL, Wafa, Dea and 4 others thanked this.
  6. tasifa

Totally relevant, dear. I do feel the same. There is always that feeling that you know him deeply and then you realize that you don't and then you think that, yes, you know him a little. Thanks Kalee.

Mara says thanks.
  7. Striper

Striper Striper

Do one ever know a person (regardless the proximity one has)? And aren't we not all made of opposites?

When it comes to ShahRukh I do what I do for everybody I love...I just keep to my feeling knowing that I could be wrong in thinking :) All I wish that he himself is okay with the person he is :)

Wafa and Mara thank this.
  8. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

Well said all, especially Kalee. Shah Rukh has put us all in such a profound mood today. I think the dichotomy of his being happy/sad, public/private, ordinary/extraordinary, hero/villain, detached/attached were somewhat expressed in the Bukowski poem he wanted us all to read last Sunday. We gamble each day with what life brings us. The poem expresses the rich complexity of a life that spans both extremes and all that is in-between, all at the same time. I like to think it’s an Indian way of thinking: yes- this AND that. In the West we usually think things have to be either this OR that and flip between narrow extremes.

“you will somehow
    get through the slow days and the busy days and the dull
    days and the hateful days and the rare days, all both so delightful
    and so disappointing because
    we are all so alike and so different.” -Charles Bukowski

Most of all, today I appreciate him pointing out how being alone can be a necessary, sane and even beautiful choice in a world so complex and crazy. That message coming from a “billion dollar soul selling machine” is paisa vasool.

Alenka, rubyroo, Dea and 1 other person say thanks.
  9. SharlaJ

SharlaJ Well-Known Member

@FareedZakaria I was profiled for Femina's 55th anniversary issue: pic.twitter.com/wB5LrugZzU
    we are lucky to have u as our mentor my friend. Bless you. Need to see u soon and have dinner with u...East side or West.

& thank u Team Fan for the patience u all show for me to get it right as an ( actor ). Will try & get rid of the parenthesis that bind me.

@doododee Is it ok to be a SRK @iamsrk Fan and hate DDLJ ?!! ... Ofcourse OK ;) :D
    NO! I say so.... Come on.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
    niloofari, Mara, Rayhana and 1 other person say thanks.
  10. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

very deep, raw and honest. It's rare to find someone who actually can explain his emotions, let alone find the right words, in such fine analytical manner.
    "I live reality in the crudest form, where every human defect and perfection is magnified..." To accept this reality is very difficult, yet he's happy and in peace with it.
    the last paragraph raised my goosebumps! I love reading his intimate thoughts and he is one fine writer.

Mara, Neeran and rubyroo thank this.
  11. Neeran

Neeran It's only us!

I don't think his sadness and his mood swings of depression, passion has anything to do with him being a huge star or has being built on it at least. SRK has those feelings I guess before even entering the film's business. He said it, he tries to overcome them by his work in films and his hunger for life and experiences.

Reading his words and the way he shares few of his emotions with us indicate what a truly strong man he is. I personally evaluate strength as such...that's a one who overcome his own personal deep feelings by working despite them and keep living his life on his dream terms despite all that "fighting against you" kind of emotions.

He is definitely a man with so many deep, intense and secret layers. I discovered with years that the more I read him the more I'm far away from him. He is not close...not close to read easily. Or at least not easily read beyond a point.

Mara and Dea thank this.
  12. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

this is the part he read for the ithink fest. i loved it right away

13. SharlaJ

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  14. SharlaJ

"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." Marthe ....Now find your favourite waste of time...

FAN : Tears wet my eyes but don't alter the expression on my face, now & then they cease...or begin their tedious journey all over again

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
    rubyroo, Mara, Dea and 1 other person say thanks.
  15. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

His tweets about Fan are increasing the intrigue! Time to start counting down my life again.... how many months, weeks, days till the next movie release......

rubyroo and Mara thank this.
  16. SharlaJ

Let's take a ride, and run with the dogs tonight In Suburbia You can't hide, run with the dogs tonight In Suburbia. Happy tonite...today??!!

rubyroo says thanks.
  17. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

Suburbia by The Pet Shop Boys.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
    Dea and Mara thank this.
  18. SharlaJ

"It's funny how (v) humans can wrap our mind around things & fit them into our version of reality" Riordan. Imprisoned by our own b&w walls

Wafa, Mara and rubyroo thank this.
  19. SharlaJ

A bit of of comedy in my life..a lil bit of shoot for DDLJ & a lil bit of dubbing to end the nite. All done need sum sleep to digest it all

Alenka says thanks.
  20. SharlaJ

@KapilSharmaK9 Thank u @iamsrk bhai for ur love.. Always a honor to have u on our show.. Lots of love :)
    you make me smile & laugh & give me happiness. U r one of the greatest stand up comics of our times. Thank you

rubyroo and Alenka thank this.