1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

SRK on Discovery: Living with a superstar and Revealed

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by sid, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Ella

Ella Haan farishtey hote hain ♥

AW: Being SRK: The ultimate reality TV show

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Discovery to air 'Revealed: Shah Rukh Khan'[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Indiantelevision.com Team[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](17 February 2010 8:30 pm)

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NEW DELHI: Even as Travel and Living is all set to start a series on Living with A Superstar later this month, its sister channel Discovery will telecast Revealed: Shah Rukh Khan later this week on the formula for the actor’s unparalleled success – both at home and abroad.

The single-episode programme will have social anthropologists, filmmakers, scholars, critics and lifestyle commentators detail the virtues which make him the consumer friendly face for brands, an innovative entrepreneur, a mega filmstar, an NRI icon and an ideal family man. The experts will explain indepth the impact he has had on both Bollywood and India’s image abroad.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Discovery Channel will air the programme on 19 February at 8 pm and repeat it at 10 pm. The programme will repeat on 20 February at 9 pm and 11 pm and 21 February at 8 pm.

Coming from India's bourgeoning middle class, Shah Rukh Khan’s meteoric success in Bollywood makes him the poster-boy of multiple generations.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Discovery Channel will bring an engaging one-hour programme detailing how his insatiable ambition combined with the overall socio-political changes during the last two decades and the country’s globalisation path transformed an industry-outsider to an icon of contemporary India.

Said Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific senior vice president and general manager – India Rahul Johri, “Discovery Channel’s unique strength is in uncovering the unexplained phenomenon, be it life-changing events, personalities with global influence or unique wonders of our nature. This time it will examine the beginning, growth and impact of one of the biggest success of contemporary India – Shah Rukh Khan.”

Commenting on the programme, Shah Rukh Khan said, “I have enjoyed watching the Discovery Channel for many years. I am quite excited that viewers will now watch a programme on my life on this exceptional channel.”
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A range of experts including social anthropologist Shiv Vishwanathan, scholar MK Raghvendra, film critic Anupama Chopra, advertising and brand expert Prasoon Joshi and media expert Priya Tanna will uncover the secret for Shah Rukh Khan’s enviable success.

Discovery Channel commissioned Blue Mango Films and Red Chillies Idiot Box to produce the programme.

The same duo have produced Living with A Superstar, a 10-episode series on Shah Rukh Khan. It will be aired every Friday from 26 February at 9 pm, and repeated several times a week.

The series, which was the most expensive show ever made by the group in India, had been conceived around 18 months earlier and shot in several countries beginning with the IPL in South Africa.

It will show Khan with family and on vacation, his relationship with his wife Gauri and children and other relations, unique filmmaking process and approach, time management and being switched on 24x7, brand power, interactions with fan and staff, life outsode India, his castle Mannat and Shahrukhisms, Johri said.

He said Khan had given great access into Mannat to this channel than any other. He also said the channel was not like a biopic, nor did it have any interviews. It was told almost entirely by Khan in his own voice.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k10/feb/feb133.php
    [/FONT]

2. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

AW: Being SRK: The ultimate reality TV show

[​IMG]

3. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

Re: Being SRK: The ultimate reality TV show

does anyone have a link to watch this online?

4. mitwa

mitwa I`m a dreamer...will I ever get well?!

Like PRI said ealier I checked the Discovery program ...but ...nothig:pout:...or at least that shedule is after wich zone time ?!

5. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

just for the people in India. Its so NOT fair:tsk:

6. mitwa

yeah :tsk: I guess so...:tsk:

7. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

:pout::pout:

8. coolcat

coolcat Well-Known Member

9. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

ahh i love the promos.. his interaction with kids is just amazing! :heart::heart: whether it's suhana and aryan or even nysa.. :love::love:
    and then ahem.. "sleep with me".. when and where??? :llama:

10. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

dp

11. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

This just bring a HUGE smile to my face:D
    thank you, thank you coolcat

12. mitwa

...wow but does somebody know will it be for everybody or again ONLY FOR INDIA? ...like was today ?!

13. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

it suppose to show on travel channel. In the us we have travel channel that is, if one have cable channel.:)

I think it will show in India first and then a few months later. It will show here on the US travel channel:pout:
    It was said in a few article but lets see...
    Its not fair to SRK fans. Yes, he is from India but he is loved all over the world and these people that is making this need to understand this. I just want to see it so that's why I am ranting off:D:D:loco:

14. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

the SRK & Kids promo is just... :heart::love: the way Suhana holding him and sleeping.. its so sweet! :love::heart:

15. maira

maira SRK-fanatic

OMG!!..the promo with the kids is absolutely gorgeouss...:heart::heart:..

'sleep with me...hahah..'...:love::love:...he's soo sweet..:hug::hug:..cant wait for the show to be aired in UK..:rockon:..

Thanks for sharing the promos coocat..:thumb::)..

16. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

OMG!!!!:scared::faint: I cannot wait to see this!!!! Sooo beautiful with his children!!!:heart::heart::heart: His expression at the end of the last promo!!:eek::faint::heart: Can't believe he's letting us into his life (some part of it) like this...:eek::heart:

Thank you soo much everyone!!:)

17. donshema

donshema SRK is my Family

:faint: :faint: :faint: OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG can't wait to watch that :faint:

sleep with m...aha.....:pound: :pound:

Gauri looks mmmmm :suspicious:

18. Rajshri

Rajshri Well-Known Member

OMG WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! :heart: :faint: :eek:

19. donshema

donshema SRK is my Family

Shah Rukh "Reaveled"on Discovery 2010

Hello,

I was searching for SRK's program that was telecasted today on Discovery but I found this instead 2009:love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT39cm3TO3Q

there are 7 parts :D

the real show 2010 is put by Alenka just a few posts below.....thanks Alenka :hug:

20. srkgauri

srkgauri Well-Known Member

Re : Being SRK: The ultimate reality TV show

wooooooooooow it's so touching, cant wait to see the whole episods!!!!!
    sleep with.... hahahahaha , he is soooooooooo cuuuuuuuuuuuuute
    love when suhana and aryan kiss him and when he is carrying suhana omg!!!!!!!!!!!!