1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

SRK on Discovery: Living with a superstar and Revealed

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by sid, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

Re: Being SRK: The ultimate reality TV show

This is the same documentary they were filming when I was in California. I took pictures of Shahrukh when they were filming him for this documentary on the My Name is Khan set one night. You can see those photos of SRK on the planetsrk thread at

http://www.planetsrk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17986&page=45

and on the 3 pages after that....there about 8 pictures I posted so far from that documentary filming set which was to the side of the MNIK set

2. irene

irene Active Member

we are all so starved to see something of him, i wish it would happen now

3. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Starved is so descriptive. We have had such a dry year overall for anything. They journos are dying of starvation as well!!!!

4. Luani

Luani SRKajol fan

OMG! I can't wait to watch this!!!

5. Ella

Ella Haan farishtey hote hain ♥

AW: Being SRK: The ultimate reality TV show

in germany Sky is a pay-tv-channel :(

6. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

yep, you can see the media are starved too from the quality of thier articles these days :pound:

7. sid

sid SRK Fanatic

Exclusive: Details of Discovery's docu on Shah Rukh Khan

i cant wait for this

MUMBAI: Discovery Travel & Living has tentatively titled the documentary around actor Shah Rukh Khan as Living with a Superstar. The documentary, on the life of Khan, is being produced by Red Chilles Idiot Box.

Traversing four continents with the actor, the documentary is about Shah Rukh Khan - the businessman (shot in South Africa during IPL), Shah Rukh Khan - the global phenomenon (shot in USA), Shah Rukh Khan - the family man (shot in London) and Shah Rukh Khan - the actor (shot in India).

Reveals a unit hand, "We started shooting for the documentary in Mumbai when he was shooting the music video for Kolkata Knight Riders. From there we went to South Africa. That was a revelation as SRK's team was not playing really well."

The unit then followed SRK to San Francisco, where he was shooting for Karan Johar's My Name is Khan. Intimate details of the actor have been shot. We were told, "SRK is a star without any superstar tantrums. He traveled in one car with his man Friday and security officer. A very neat and tidy person, SRK's needs are scarce. He drinks at least 20 small cups of cold coffee with many many cigarettes. On the set, the unit followed him as he gave his shots or when he chatted with Karan in between takes."

The final leg of the documentary was shot in London, which has captured SRK with his family. From teaching his daughter Suhana to cycle to playing games with his son Aryan at Hyde Park… from cycling in the middle of the night to lunches at cafes with wife Gauri and his children, this footage has been regarded as "unseen and priceless."

Currently the documentary is being edited in Delhi, before work commences on the final leg of shooting. The documentary is a six part series of one hour each. A condensed version will also be telecast on Discovery Travel & Living some time next year.

http://www.businessofcinema.com/news.php?newsid=13899

8. darina4srk

darina4srk SRKManiac

Re: Exclusive: Details of Discovery's docu on Shah Rukh Khan

Living With A Superstar huh? Yea!! How I wish that!! :p

I love what he's labeled as!! :heart::heart::heart:

No doubt about him not having any superstar tantrums. That's our Shah Rukh. :love: :love: :love:
    And gosh, :eek: 20 small cups of cold coffee at least? Woh bhi with many cigarettes? Yep. That's the KING style. :D

Family moment!! :D This is SOOO SWEET!! :heart::heart::heart:
    Cycling in the middle of the night?? Interesting!
    I can't believe we have to wait so long for this documentary to air! I'm getting more excited! :flame: :flame: :flame:
    And you're SO right. This footage is REALLY PRICELESS!! :D

One hour per part? Condensed version? :eek:
    What else can we ask for?! :dance: :dance: :dance:

This documentary, then MNIK, HNY, Ra-1, Don 2.. thank you Shah Rukh!!! :hug: :kiss:

9. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

i want to see all 6 episodes :D
    and they are right, this stuff is going to be pricless :madgrin:

10. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

AW: Being SRK: The ultimate reality TV show

Discovery India Lines Up Shahrukh Khan Series
    By Mansha Daswani
    Published: July 30, 2009
    NEW DELHI: Discovery Travel & Living in Asia is set to chronicle the life of Bollywood star Shahrukh Khan over a six-month period for a new series that will air on the channel in India and other international markets.

The new series for Discovery Travel & Living, the flagship lifestyle offering in the Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific portfolio, promises to deliver a rare look at the superstar's life as a father, husband and actor. The series is in production by Blue Mango Films and Red Chillies Idiot Box.

Rahul Johri, the senior VP and general manager for India, said of the commission: “Discovery Travel & Living has always set the highest benchmarks whether showcasing travel destinations, redefining food programming or exploring genres like fashion, relationship, home, luxury, makeovers, music, trends and wellness. With this groundbreaking series on India’s biggest superstar Shahrukh Khan, we are surpassing all established definitions of lifestyle entertainment.

We are extremely thrilled at this opportunity to work with Shahrukh and to provide his fans and millions of viewers around the world with a personal viewing experience and uninhibited access to his life, for the first time ever.”
    http://www.worldscreen.com/articles/display/21921

11. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

Blue Mango & Red Chillies :madgrin:

12. sid

sid SRK Fanatic

i can imagin now hoh he looks with his children at hyde park playing with them :faint::faint::faint::faint:

andt that's why i highlight that tow paragraph i love to see them next year :faint2::faint2::faint2::faint2:

13. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

ahhhhhhhhhh i want it nowwww!!!! this year has been just... :frusty::frusty:
    i can't take no more waiting :Cry:

14. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

this is just awesome
    I can't wait to see all the episodes
    and we will get to see him teaching Suhana how to ride a bike etc
    and cold coffee....WOW

15. Bridget

This is in today's Mid_day but their online paper isn't showing the photos yet so I have it here as an attachment. Click to enlarge

Attached Files:

16. Bridget

17. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

thanks the picture is huge
    I was lazy but I had to go to mid-day to save it though
    thanks Bridget

18. darina4srk

darina4srk SRKManiac

'Discovery' to present TV series on SRK

New Delhi:

With the reality show fever spreading across television channels, it is now superstar Shah Rukh Khan’s turn to join the bandwagon.

[​IMG]

The ‘Discovery Travel & Living’ channel has announced it would follow the actor for six months non-stop across the globe to present a series on his lifestyle.

Curiously enough, one of the production companies commissioned to produce the series is Khan’s own company Red Chillies Idiot Box, something that could raise the question whether there would be enough objectivity in the show.

However, ‘Discovery’ channel Director (marketing & communications) Rajiv Bakshi, allaying such fears, told Deccan Herald: “It will be us who will be presenting the show.”

SRK’s company and the Delhi-based Blue Mango Films have been commissioned to produce the show as it required a large number of production personnel with expertise to work in such a project, Bakshi said.

The show, which will have five or six episodes, will be shot for the next six months. The telecast schedule has not yet been decided.

“We will take a call on this at a later stage, and it is difficult at this stage to say when it will be shown,” Bakshi said. “It is a big production that will go across five continents,” he said.

The show will be premiered in India, and later the channel will telecast it all over the world, he added.

The show, according to an announcement by the channel, will take viewers into Khan’s “private and exclusive world”.

Commenting on the programme, Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific’s Senior Vice President Rahul Johri said the groundbreaking series on India’s biggest superstar would surpass all established definitions of lifestyle entertainment.

“We are extremely thrilled at the opportunity to work with Shahrukh and to provide his fans and millions of viewers around the world with uninhibited access to his life, for the first time ever,” he said.

DH News Service

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/16927/discovery-present-tv-series-srk.html

19. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

the documentary is about SRK so what do they mean "could raise the question whether there would be enough objectivity in the show" :rolleyes:

this year has been so bland and boring without SRK releases :sad:

20. polyn

polyn Active Member

Can't wait for this. It will be so nice to see Shahrukh with his family. Next year will be just awesome.