1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

SRK leaving to Australia Oct 17th

Discussion in 'Chak De India' started by rollercoast, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Lia

Lia Well-Known Member

Re: SRK is off to Australia for 2 months

Thanks Wafa for that news.

wow... 2 months in Australia. after Malaysia, now SRK's fans in Australia will get a very great opportunity to see the Baadhsah.

2. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

how many members do we have from down under?

3. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

you're right layla, I was thinking the same.

4. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Me.
    Anyone else in Canberra?

5. lauram

lauram New Member

Re: SRK in Australia?

Rollercoaster, the announcement was in South Asia Times Vol. 4 No. 2 September 2006.
    Hope this helps.

6. lauram

lauram New Member

Pakiza
    I don't know what will happen to me when he actually arrives but I have just read one of Wafa's posts and she says that he is flying out of India on October 17 to come to Australia. My birthday is on October 19 and I will be turning 40 - dont you think that meeting SRK would be the best birthday present I could wish for??? I wonder how I could arrange for this to happen? Any suggestions from anyone?
    Oh ... and I think my husband might have me committed to a mental asylum before then lol.

7. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Thanks Laura. At least there's some info starting to emerge on his visit now. Hope we find out more soon.

Congrats on the big 40. I'm vaguely in the same ball park. In fact all the best people are (including our favourite).

8. chatranisrk

chatranisrk Well-Known Member

Unfortunatelly, NOT ME!!! All the best to get a chance to see the BABE overthere!! :love: :love:

9. Shina001

Shina001 Tina

2.5 monthsss!!!!:eek: :eek:

thts to longgggg
    But The movie will be good

10. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

...try to meet him.... :nod: :thumb: :thumb: :D

He would have been my birthday-wish too (40... :D )... but he wasn't in Germany... :(

11. Poonam

Poonam New Member

Re: SRK in Australia Oct 17th

He won't be around for the release of Don either..

12. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

I was wondering about that. I thought there would be a big premiere in Mumbai for this one.

13. layla-val

layla-val Active Member

Yeah, I was wondering about this too, but I believe he doesn't care for premieres, whether his own or someone elses:eek:

No doubt something will be said about his lack of appearance there :rolleyes: :(

14. Chicken

Chicken ♥ ♥

Our Sweetoo is always being such a busy bee. ;) Continiously, traveling all over the world... geez, I do miss him. :(

But this definitely is a great opportunity for all the Fans from Down Under to get an up-close
    and personal view of the Great King Khan. :thumb:

Now one only has to find out where in Australia he'll be shooting. :rolleyes: ... and considering the size of the country this shouldn't be all too difficult. :p :D ;)

But don't worry... I'm sure we'll get more updates soon... so keep your eyes open and watch this space. :)

15. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Gai,
    Its the size of the country which is the problem. Not so many people but long distances. Between Melbourne and Sydney its about 800km(?), too far to just pop in easily. Lets hope more info comes through soon.

16. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

well, from oct 17 to beginning of dec is about a month and half, but my sources said he's going back again after the first week of dec, so we'll see. things always change over night with this industry but this is the info we have so far.

17. KhushiDreamz

KhushiDreamz G.One Squad Member

hmm cool so that means we only have shaku once more in a movie this year :Cry:

But Don will make me watch it over and over again until his new movies starts:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I just like to have the whole year with only Shaku's new movies

18. Masala Maami

Masala Maami New Member

Shooting will commence in October, at the State Netball Hockey Centre [Parkville]. Aussies keep an eye out, and the camera too! :photo:

19. reemal

reemal New Member

Chak de! India in Australia

Neena Bhandari
    Thursday, September 28, 2006 00:40 IST

SYDNEY: Australia will be the backdrop of yet another Yash Chopra film. Chak De! India (Go India!), an international sports film, will be shot in Melbourne and Sydney with local line producers Black Cat Films.

Yash Raj Films’ Chak De! India stars Bollywood heart-throb ShahRukh Khan in the lead role and is directed by Shimit Amin, whose debut feature Ab Tak Chappan was a big hit at the 2004 Indian Film Festival in Australia.

Chak De! India is the story of a disgraced player who returns to the game after a seven year hiatus to become a coach of an ignored Indian women’s hockey team. He has a fixed agenda and unfortunately, so do the girls. They arrive in Australia to compete in the women’s world cup. What unfolds is a struggle for self respect and eventually the country’s honour.

The film is supported by Film Victoria, Hockey Victoria and State Netball Hockey Centre. Hockey Victoria and some of its best players are coming forward to be part of the film, which will raise the profile of the game to new levels. Black Cat Films, one of Australia’s leading film production companies, will be the Line producers, coordinating all aspects of shooting in Australia including locations, extras casting and Australian crew. The company has previously line produced Yash Raj Films’ Salaam Namaste, the first Indian film to be shot entirely in Australia.

Black Cat Films’ sister company MG Distribution releases exclusively Indian films in Australia and screens the annual Indian Film Festival in Australia, which tours nationally.

At the 2006 Festival, beginning next week, Yash Chopra will be felicitated for his contribution to cinema at a celebration of Indian film and fashion in Melbourne. Other festival guests include Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, Kunal Kohli, Apoorva Lakhia, Homi Adjania, Simi Garewal, Madhavan, Kunal Kapoor and Dipannita Sharma.

DNAIndia

20. layla-val

layla-val Active Member

Thanks for the new information reema :thumb: Wow, this sounds interesting, I wonder what his character was disgraced for :scared: :eek: :D

It will also be nice to see the profile of hockey given a boost here, it is a great game :D and if we see our Shahrukh in shorts :p then even better ;) :D :thumb: