1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

SRK in Marrakech for the Film Festival 2012

Discussion in 'Film Festivals Hall of Fame' started by kotsheno, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Vegainko

Vegainko Well-Known Member

Thanks for the videos

mumbiene says thanks.
  2. iamsrking

iamsrking Well-Known Member

The Front Row - 7th December 2012

3. Rayhana

Rayhana Well-Known Member

!
    and here I was hoping for a new interviewer asking new questions:rolleyes: same people, same questions, different destination!I felt that he may have gotten a little annoyed(though he didn't really show it) at the fact that he is so far away from Mumbai all the way in Morroco being honored and he still answering questions about aamir and salman.
    felt sooo saad at the beginning when he joked about being less popular in India...because there is definitely truth in that and he also believes it. You can tell by the way he laughs.The greatest people are never appreciated in their time and he simply isn't appreciated by his own people. He is shown more warmth and acceptance abroad and thats not nice for anyone but I'm glad he is being shown the love he deserves somewhere eh...

elimeten and RizwanaShahrukh thank this.
  4. srkgauri

srkgauri Well-Known Member

i talked to some indian journos and all i did is praising SRK i was like that man is so unique you can not even compare him to hollywood stars forget about indians!!! one of them wrote an article and he mentionned that some girls kept going on how srk is the best man in the world LOL

Rayhana, RizwanaShahrukh and nika thank this.
  5. raksha anantharam

raksha anantharam Well-Known Member

I don't agree with you.. How can you say that Shahrukh is less loved in India ???????? He has a huge following here, True that other two khans are also loved, it doesn't mean he is less popular!!!!!! Can you compare the popularity of Tom Cruise & Leonardo DiCaprio ?? Can you say that Leo is most loved in Hollywood & Tom is getting more love in other parts of the world & not much in Hollywood itself ?? It's the same way around here too.. Even today people, from small towns celebrate his b'day, in their own towns.. If you need proof.. I'd suggest you to watch some news channel like headlines today, cnn-ibn etc.. on nov 2, every year they show his b'day celebrated by fans across India from delhi, mumbai, kerala, hyderabad, bangalore & even in cities like meerut.. This is completely untrue..

Rayhana says thanks.
  6. Vegainko

Vegainko Well-Known Member

I was in India when it was Shah Rukh's birthday. On this day, almost all channels showing his films. And showed him the house and fans. It was a tribute.

7. Cila

Cila Well-Known Member

Of course Tom Cruise is less popular than Leonadro Di Caprio...I would even say that he is hated because of his private life, not only in Hollywood but in the other parts of the world too. And his films aren't succesfull nowadays if I'm not mistaken...He doesn't even act that much today. I don't even remeber any of his recent films, there is only Mission Impossible 4, right? Was it a success?
    Leonardo still makes good movies and develops himself as an actor...
    I think SRK - who was once named as India's Tom Cruise - is ironically following Tom Cruise steps in the terms of the career. The bitter truth is Shahrukh is indeed less loved in India right now and his screen presence isn't as strong as it used to be a couple of years ago. Salman rules, Aamir and Ajay are strong as well, and if SRK doesn't change something in his movie choices , he will be just like Tom Cruise who is only loved & known for his old movies, not the recent ones.

8. RizwanaShahrukh

RizwanaShahrukh I love SRK

To some extent Rayhana is right Raksha :) Even Shah mentioned this in his Filmfare interview... the one post Ra.One.... he actually cried thinking about it...

It may not be so much about the people... but definitely the people around him... the media.. his colleagues... some so-called "friends"... and to some extent the public as well....

We all say the media doesnt matter... truth is... they do ... the media alone can make or break you... if they made you "King" they can bring you down ...

They have tried on many instances... like during the Hrithik rise,... the Lagaan phase.. even during Akhsay Kumar's so-called "King Kumar" (which they tried to shove down our throats) ...and now they doing it with Salman...

Sadly... majority of the public believe wot the press says... hence bad word of mouth travels very fast... and his movies and him end up being surrounded by negativity :)

9. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

lol stop going that deep into analysing tom cruise on an srk forum. You don't even live in india and don't even know srk so the assumptions on srk are not needed. Salman is doing masala-action films, the guy was flopping before that, and he will go down soon once he can't do such films anymore. Aamir's dhobi ghat last year flopped and his talaash is struggling to become a hit and Ajay is also surviving on masala films and has given flops outside of them - so how are those two strong? You say you're not an aamir fan but you just praised him blindly without knowing the facts - now will you say aamir has become less popular because after 3 idiots his next two films didn't even make half of what 3 idiots did? SRK's still managing to pull in the crowds and make his films hits as he was five years ago, so by what means is he less popular? He's done films that appeal to the multiplex audience in india recently, not mass entertainers like salman, so stop comparing the two and say he's less popular now. As for lower screen presence, well that's your opinion so you can feel that way if you want.

You should seriously stop going on about your negative views on how srk's career is shaping up, he knows what to do. It's not only annoying but it doesn't make sense to keep telling us as if it's going to make a difference, best to talk it out with srk I think ;)

nika, Sofie, Debbie and 3 others thanked this.
  10. elimeten

elimeten Well-Known Member

I've never believed that he's India's Tom Cruise because he is beyond that. Who the hell coined the term for him as India's Tom Cruise anyway? The media which shouldn't be taken seriously nowadays. His screen presence is still as strong as it was back then. It's not about the choice of films that he made (Haven't you watched the interview posted above?). It's the strong negativity, the biased opinions and the mentality that have been surrounded all his recent films and his personal life. You keep harping about his so-called "bad" recent films here and then the other thread in this forum also. We get it, ok. We get it. You don't like his recent films. But the fact of the matter is many others loved them. He make films that HE wants to make and it's got nothing to do whether he will be loved or not by the audience.

nika, Debbie, Alenka and 1 other person say thanks.
  11. Rayhana

Raksha I was not talking about the general public but more towards the media. Their questions and assumptions just belittle him.My opinion is formed through the articles I read and interviews that I watch. In my opinion it seems that in India the media is always waiting for him to fail at something so they can blow it out of proportion. I mean out of the others that he is constantly being compared to, why is it that even though he is the most consistent he is never given his due. When one of the others gives one blockbuster it's almost like its equal to the whole of his career.I'm not saying that the general public is not appreciative because they definately are and if it wasn't for the them he would have been finished in 2000. But I just feel that the media is not giving him his fair due, and that is what I was talking about.I mean here he is being honored with the Prince of Morroco and instead of giving him his moment she is questioning him about people that are irrelevant.

Also I dislike this constant comparison with Hollywood.Whether it is the actors or the movies. People need to realise that Hindi Cinema is on par with Hollywood and has it's own Identity not a step below it. He is not India's Tom Cruise he is SHAHRUKH KHAN. A man who has achieved so much in his line of work that can never be compared with another. There is this mentality that Hollywood is somehow superior to Hindi cinema and that one has only made it when they have either crossed over to Hollywood or are being compared to the likes of Tom cruise. . This is why I even dislike the term " Bollywood". I just think it demeans the whole industry and it's achievements. People just need to realise what they sound like when they say these things.

RizwanaShahrukh, Alenka and elimeten thank this.
  12. Rayhana

Why is it that you feel that you know so much about Shahrukh's job as a commercially successful actor?? He has gotten so far and reached such levels without mine and your input that maybe we should just trust and respect his decisions. Did you not just watch the interview? He does films that he likes and believes in if he can foresee the fate of that project. He knows what he wants to achieve and what he needs to do to get it. He has been doing this for 20 years so who are you to now start deciding what he needs to be doing.

nika and Alenka thank this.
  13. raksha anantharam

I don't agree at all..
    The media doesn't make a 'king' or destroy a 'king'.. it's the audience who make or break a 'king'.. Today, people in India are well educated, they 'know' about the media tactics well.. As, I live in India - i'm very sure about this.. His popularity is "not" less in India.. Salman may be wooing the masses, Aamir is having a particular set of audience, the same way is Shahrukh he has audience - when he do Ra.One he attracts kids, when he does don 2 - action lovers are pleased, when he does jthj - romance is un-plugged attracting new age couples to old-age lovers.. when he's doing ce & hny - masses are pleased & ofcourse he has 'us' die-hard fans who love him jab tak hai jaan.. Then, how can you say his popularity is decreasing in India ?? When he is getting & pleasing all set of audience movie by movie..

Alenka says thanks.
  14. raksha anantharam

Don't trust media.. They always try to use Shahrukh & get some publicity.. Media is always en-cashing his popularity that's all.. So, today when people see such news they trust Shahrukh not media.. No one dares to, in front of Shahrukh.. when media talk to him front-to-front they're sweet,gentle.. Gone are the days when public believed media blindly, so, my take is just this - Shahrukh is not less popular in India..

Rayhana says thanks.
  15. Karan#1

It's just a phase what's happened with srk and the media, it's happened to the best like amitabh bachcan as well and now sachin tendulkar as well.

Rayhana says thanks.
  16. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

Thanks for the comprehensive answer!!!!

I am always surprised by people who know India and its people only reported tabloids, and who think they know everything about the other country. And I was particularly outraged that they teach unyielding tone of a man who did so much that they never dreamed of! And consider themselves great experts and film, lives and relationships!

raksha anantharam says thanks.
  17. Cila

Cila Well-Known Member

I haven't seen Talaash, but I really liked Dhobi Ghat, as well as I loved brilliant SRK's flops - Asoka, Swades, Dil Se or Paheli. I'm not Aamir Khan's fan, just a person who likes good movies...Let's wait and see how 'Chennai Express" will work in India. That will give us a clear image on SRK's mass appeal :) I'm sure it won't be a quality movie, but I hope it beats some BO records at least.

18. Karan#1

You said aamir was strong, so that's why I mentioned them two. He doesn't need to prove himself with ce and depends on what you think quality is, it will be quality for the type of film it is.

19. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

Wow, what a discussion! I believe the Indian people love Shah Rukh. The press is another story.....they write what sells, and that is SRK!

Watching everything that is filmed on him, I see the crowds of people that come out to see him...from his birthday to just leaving on a plane, it is real..I see their faces they absolutely adore him..unfortunately the press is disgusting in India and the world. And I do believe this has hurt his feelings and this is why he has said he is not as loved at home as in other countries.

No other celebrity is as honored by his own people I feel...he is a great refection of the Indian people...someone who has gone from nothing to everything but has not changed inside, still humble and loving, I feel that is why so many Indians and people of all countries, everywhere love him.

The way we look at stars in Hollywood is different, don't know how to explain, but will try. Hollywood stars are less reachable....they do not put themselves out there like Shah Rukh. His fans feel they know him personally.....Americans like different HW stars, but non have a following like Shah Rukh. He is one of a kind.

On a side note, I too am tried of people saying a movie will not be good before it is even released....my taste doesn't run to the "Masala" movies and I do not like the fact that he is making this movie with Farah....but this constant harping that he needs to do this or that is tiring.

He needs to do what he has been doing! Making one of a kind movies, the movies he wants, loving life and loving us!

I know that SRK will bring to me something totally different....and I know I will love it!

Rayhana and Alenka thank this.
  20. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Wow, you really have His career dead and buried! :tsk:
    Cila, I don't want to be rude, but I don't want to hear you repeating this mantra over and over again.
    You've said your piece several times on different threads and there's really no point constantly trying to convince us all that you're right, that the world is about to end. Karan is right - its not up to us.

Furthermore, I think its an insult to align srk's career with that of Tom Cruise, who's private life has a lot to do with public regard of him.
    So please... find something else to talk about .. or at least keep it to one thread. :lalala:

frenchfan, nika, Debbie and 1 other person say thanks.