1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

SRK Autobiography

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Book Club' started by IHEARTSRK, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Apok

Apok Active Member

Any new on release date? Can't wait to buy this

2. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Shah Rukh Khan plans to launch his autobiography

The writer has posted comments on this articlePTI | Nov 11, 2012, 02.51PM IST

Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan's much-awaited autobiography is almost complete and he is currently working on an unfinished chapter on Kolkata.

"I keep writing. The chapter that I haven't written yet is on Kolkata. While working very hard on Jab Tak Hai Jaan, I got no time, but I will start writing," Khan, who is also the brand ambassador of the state, told reporters in Kolkata.

"I don't want anything to be left out of which I have lovely memories," he added.

The autobiography is reportedly named Twenty Years in a Decade and begins from his childhood and takes readers through a phenomenal journey of how he started his acting career in 1988 as a television actor in Fauji and Circus before debuting on the silver screen in Deewana.

The 47-year-old actor, who also owns the IPL franchisee team Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR), considers the city of joy as his second home and also endorses a number of city-based companies.

Praising the intellect and love for art, culture, literature and cinema of the state, Khan said some of the greatest Indian films come from Bengal.

When asked about his chances of acting in a Bengali film he said he would be honoured to work with Bengali directors but since he does not speak the language it would be difficult for him.

Khan inaugurated the 18th Kolkata International Film Festival along with Amitabh Bachchan, Anoushka Sharma and Katrina Kaif yesterday.
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ch-his-autobiography/articleshow/17180669.cms

3. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

SRK Announces His Autobiography

November 11th, 2012 by Mohar Basu
    Fans and Critics have waited too long for this day. The Badshaah of Bollywood has finally announced the release of his much awaited autobiography. The news came as a pleasant surprise on the eve of the inaugural ceremony of the 18th Kolkata Film Festival. Shah Rukh Khan announced it very happily to the reporters. Also present at the function was Amitabh Bachchan, Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma.​
    The book will reportedly be named ‘Twenty Years in a Decade’. Shah Rukh Khan had randomly begun working on it years ago and keeps writing a chapter, notes and points which he later includes in the manuscript. The shooting of Jab Tak Hai Jaan and the sudden demise of his mentor Yash Chopra had kept him extremely busy and anguished in the last few months. The book is on its way to completion. Shah Rukh Khan in a conversation with reporters in Kolkata emphasized that the book is almost finished. He is working on the last chapter in which he will elaborate and describe about his love for Bengal and Kolkata.​
    The book shall trace his journey to from his childhood in Delhi, and shall include his earlier acting experiences, his knowledge from Barry John’s acting school, stints at television – Fauji and Circus and finally the culmination of his hard work into his Bollywood debut Deewana. The journey has been a phenomenally awe striking one for his fans and followers of the Indian Film Industry. He began as a mere, regular television actor in 1988 and in 2012, he is the Numero Uno of Bollywood.​
    Shah Rukh Khan who recently turned 47 shares a close intimacy with Kolkata. He is the brand ambassador of the state besides being the owner of the Indian Premier League Team Kolkata Knight Riders. The last segment of his autobiography shall cover his special love for the city, it people, it mystic art and mesmerizing culture and how immensely he loves being referred to as honorary Bengali.​
    There is no confirmed news about when the autobiography will be ready to hit the stores but it is expected to be quite soon. KoiMoi wishes Shah Rukh Khan the very best in all his endeavors!​

RizwanaShahrukh and Tash thank this.
  4. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

Kolkata – The Unfinished Chapter of SRK’s Autobiography

[​IMG]
    Shahrukh Khan

Shahrukh Khan’s much-awaited autobiography is almost complete and he is currently working on an unfinished chapter on Kolkata.
    “I keep writing. The chapter that I haven’t written yet is on Kolkata. While working very hard on ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’, I got no time, but I will start writing,” Khan, who is also the brand ambassador of the state said.
    “I don’t want anything to be left out of which I have lovely memories,” he added.
    The autobiography is reportedly named ‘Twenty Years in a Decade’ and begins from his childhood and takes readers through a phenomenal journey of how he started his acting career in 1988 as a television actor in ‘Fauji’ and ‘Circus’ before debuting on the silver screen in ‘Deewana’.
    The 47-year-old actor, who also owns the IPL franchisee team Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR), considers the city of joy as his second home and also endorses a number of city-based companies.
    http://www.indiajournal.com/archives/31577

TessaRose, Tash and Vegainko thank this.