1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

SRK and Kajol dolls to be sold...

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by Meghna04, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

Bollywood dolls to be sold in UK

Press Trust of India
    London, July 24, 2006

Dolls immortalising Bollywood's leading stars Shahrukh Khan, Kajol, Hrithik Roshan and Priyanka Chopra will be sold in the UK from August 1 under the brand name 'Bollywood Legends'.

The first four 'Legends' - Shahrukh, Hrithik, Kajol and Priyanka - have all been immortalised for their fans with the stars themselves having been involved throughout the process of creating their dolls, the manufacturers of the dolls claimed on Monday.

Leading toy manufacturer and distributor Spin Master Toys UK have joined forces with entrepreneur Shameen Jivraj to launch the first-ever Bollywood dolls.

Shameen came up with the concept four years ago, and more recently approached Spin Master Toys UK to handle the UK distribution of the dolls.

The driving force behind 'Bollywood Legends', Shameen, brings a wealth of toy industry experience with her, having headed the 'Shiny Doll' development team as well as many other well-known children's brands such as 'Star Wars' 'Playdoh' and 'Teletubbies'.

She said: "I became intrigued by Bollywood a little while ago and was drawn into the movies with their mix of fun, fashion, music and dance. It's such a magical and emotive arena and I wanted to create something that would allow the audiences to be able to take some of that magic home to treasure and enjoy in a unique and new way."

The 12-inch dolls have been meticulously crafted, with attention paid to every detail, from their outfits and their expressions down to Shahrukh Khan's famously curved eyebrows.

Here is a pic...

View attachment 367

Attached Files:

2. tixa

tixa New Member

Re: SRK doll to be sold...

I want one of it! :lol: My own ShahRukh! :love:

3. layla-val

layla-val Active Member

Me too :D but which stores are going to be selling it:confused:

4. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

Phhh.... ShahRukh for everyone..... :rolleyes:

5. Masala Maami

Masala Maami New Member

A Shah Rukh doll? :eyebrows: I want one too, only it doesn't look too much like him :suspicious:

6. Evy

Evy Well-Known Member

That´s the best example that we are going back into our teenager time. We need posters, movies, pillows with his pic.... and now a SRK doll ?:crazy: :D :p :thumb:

7. Cristina4him

Cristina4him Inspector number 8

I can live with that. :love:

8. Chicken

Chicken ♥ ♥

Wow, that's cool... I want to have one as well. :rockon:

... but I have to agree with Meh... doesn't really look too much like him.:rolleyes:

I want it anyway !!! :heart:

To be sold in the UK !?!... Layla... keep your eyes open...:D ;)

9. layla-val

layla-val Active Member

I will Gai :thumb:

10. felisluna

felisluna Well-Known Member

At last my Barbies will have someone to play with :D Hope it will be available in Germany too. I guess the ebay sellers will smell big business with SRK dolls and sell them.:thumb:

11. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

Some information more...

Manufacturer's Description

Welcome to the exotic & wonderful World of Bollywood and now you can bring their stars to your homes.
    These dolls are truly authentic & approved replica images of 4 of the most successful Bollywood actors Hrithik Roshani, ShahRukh Khan, Kajol & Priyanka Chopra. Each doll comes with traditional Indian clothing, with the ladies wearing the most gorgeous and ornate dresses in vibrant colours and adorned with beautiful jewellery. The male dolls come with an additional Western outfit. Also includes background information about the actors so you can learn all about your favourite stars. Collect them all.
    For ages 3 years and over

One pic more...

View attachment 368

They sell it on a huge online store... (begins with an A) ;) for £24.99 /EUR 36,59...!

Attached Files:

12. Evy

Evy Well-Known Member

You have Barbies too ?:thumb: I have only one 30 years old barbie. But no man for her :D As I wrote we are going back in our teenager time.

We need a "Bravo star cut" too, or ? Did you remember this? :p

13. Evy

Evy Well-Known Member

For ages 3 years and over :becky: :becky: :becky: :thumb:

14. layla-val

layla-val Active Member

Thanks Nicole, you mean it comes with a change of outfit,:scared: we can actually dress and undress Shahrukh :tape: :tape: :scared: :eek: :p

15. TARA

TARA "K3T"-Member

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow, so we all will have our own Shahrukh Khan at home soon....na?!:heart:

16. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

Ohhhh... I would love it... :D I think I search for the adress from this magazine to write them this little Fan wish.... :p

I wonder me too how the doll looks without clothes...:rolleyes: :suspicious: :eyebrows:

Oh...my God...:lalala: I don't want to think of it...:eek: :redface: :redface: :redface:

Please Layla... stop such thoughts.... before I want this little plastic thing too...:D :p ;)

17. Alana

Alana New Member

Oh my god, is all I can say to this. But I wonder why it surprised me, it was only a question of time.:crazy:

BTW I don't think that these dolls look like the stars. When I think of this doll aof Krrish that fits better!

18. felisluna

felisluna Well-Known Member

for ages 3 or over:rolleyes: ...makes me feel real young again:bump2:
    Actually not all my Barbies are "vintage" from the *gulp* early 70s:rolleyes2:
    I got some of the Fairytopia ones just recently, and my fiancé gave me a Witch-Barbie (I wonder why:whistle: )

19. Cristina4him

Cristina4him Inspector number 8

:whistle: I am going to get them for my daughter :lol: :whistle:

20. KhushiDreamz

KhushiDreamz G.One Squad Member

:rolleyes: Only in UK..can someone by a a bunch of Shaku and send it to us:rolleyes: ..maybe they can distribute them all over the world;)
    Man times like this I wish I could live there:eek:
    I wonder if there is a website of them selling them over the internet:pray:
    I would love to have a SRK doll collections..I'll make an stage specially for him..:rolleyes: :tea: