1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

SRK’s 'Paheli' being lobbied for Oscars

Discussion in 'Paheli' started by Astri, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Astri

Astri New Member

[​IMG] SRK’s 'Paheli' being lobbied for Oscars
    19th Jan 2006 20.15 IST
    By ApunKaChoice Bureau

[FONT=georgia,verdana][SIZE=-1]Just a few days remain when the nominees for the 78th Academy Awards would be announced. Shah Rukh Khan’s movie Paheli is the Indian entry for the Best Movie in Foreign Language category.

For the last two months, Shah Rukh Khan has been leaving few stones unturned to lobby ‘Paheli’ for the coming Oscars.
    [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia,verdana][SIZE=-1]Specials screenings of the movie have been held at several theatres and auditoriums in the US.

SRK, who is also the producer of the movie, has reportedly hired the best publicists in Hollywood to try and pitch the film to the Academy members.

The publicity company, Rogers and Coen, is distributing ‘Paheli’ DVDs to the members of the Academy. Two official screenings of the movie have been held to make sure that the members of the jury watch the film.

Meanwhile, to create enough buzz for the movie to get noticed, full-page advertisements of ‘Paheli’ have been appearing in trade magazines such as Screen International and Variety.

SRK says it is a long shot that ‘Paheli’ would win an Oscar, but he is keeping his hopes alive, particularly after the film has been received well in the US.

‘Paheli’ is based on a folklore in which a village girl ( Rani Mukherjee ) falls in love with a ghost resembling her husband. SRK plays the twin roles of ghost and deserter husband in the movie. The film is set in rustic background and is full of colours and vibrancy of Rajasthan.

The nominations for 78th Academy Award will be announced on January 31. The awards will be presented on March 5, Sunday. Jon Stewart has been set to host the award ceremony this year.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

2. Astri

Astri New Member

Cant wait to know the nominees on 31st Jan

3. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Thanks Astri.:)

Hey Bhagwaan please please please let it make it to the Oscars.:angel:

Shah Rukh would be sooo happy!:hug:

4. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

those @&^$%#@ Roger and Cowen are not doing their job :mad: :mad: :mad:
    oh don't get me started ! they are rude and lazy. I had a hard time with them.

5. Poonam

Poonam New Member

Uh-oh, that sounds sad...Shah Rukh has spent so much money on this. Sigh..sometimes, I wonder if it's worth while ? Did you try and get any info from these PR guys, Wafa ? Maybe they are not supposed to talk about their activities ? Well, let's hope for the best. As SRK himself said in an interview , how does one lobby for an award ?

6. josh

josh Member

I know you are very angry.But do you know if there are enough Faxes send to Mr. Penocchio?I have done it a few days after getting the Mail from meghna04.
    I keep my fingers crossed that Paheli get the Oscar.It means so much for SHAHRUKH and for India.
    :thumb: :pray: