1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

SRK´s job before acting ?

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by Evy, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Evy

Evy Well-Known Member

I´m very interest to know what SRK did after finishing his study and before getting an famous actor. What I mean is: At the time he started acting with the TV role in Fauji 1988, he was not paid very well for his acting (I think so). How he got enough money for living ? Did he had a job at that time ? Or do you think he could live with the TV money?

2. Cornelia

Cornelia New Member

Didn't he do theatre before films.

3. Geeta

Geeta Active Member

Before he started acting, he had a restaurant in New Delhi nah?

4. Cornelia

Cornelia New Member

Yeah! he did. After that he came to Mumbai.

5. Evy

Evy Well-Known Member

I thought it was the restaurant from his Dad before ? In an interview he told that his father had some different business as for example an electric shop and than a restaurant. But he was not a good business man, because the money he earned was given to other helpless people. So his business was not very successful. As I remember SRK hold the father´s restaurant for one year (?). And in an other interview SRK spoke about that he can cook only a little bit and that he can´t recognize numbers (for example telephone numbers or bills ?) and himself he is not a good business man in holding the money together.

How long was he acting in a theatre before going to filming ? Do you think that in the past theater actors and newby in the filmindustrie would be paid very well ?

6. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

I hope I can help a little here.

I have found this quite a long time ago. Most is known...

--He graduated from Hansraj College, Delhi University and followed it up with a Masters Degree in Mass Communications (Film making) from Jamiya Miliya Islamiya, in Delhi, but quit it in a year.
    The reason he took up on Mass Communications is because he loved the TV commercials. Filmmaking is something he has never got down to doing.
    For a short spell, Shah Rukh Khan ran a restaurant in Darya Ganj, New Delhi.
    He also joined theatre with Barry John. He started out as an actor on the smallscreen, in Dil Dariya where he almost went unrecognised because he played a sardarji. His first serial in Bombay was two episodes of Wagle Ki Duniya. Then came Fauji, Ummeed and Circus.--

I think that there is not enough time between Collegedays and his start as an actor...
    Whether he could live with his earnings from this it is another thing and there was still his Mom!

7. josh

josh Member

Thank you very much meghna04.Now I´m a little bit cleverer.As a german saying:You grow old as a cow and always learn for it! :D

8. SRKsham

SRKsham Well-Known Member

Thank you Nicole:kiss:

9. Evy

Evy Well-Known Member

@Meghna04

Hi Nicole, thank you for your infos.

10. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

No flowers please ;) "Main Hoon na":D

11. Astri

Astri New Member

I'm sure his parent have saving money for their children.