1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

*Spoilers*Hindi Help Please….

Discussion in 'Chennai Express Member Reviews' started by Mara, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

*Spoilers* In CE, there were important lines that weren't translated into English. Would someone please tell me with what was said?
    1. Rahul packs, leaves Meena and Grandpa’s ashes with her, and walks through a beautiful grove of trees with yellow-orange blooms. (I think these are ashok trees?) He stops, turns, and says a sentence. In the next scene he returns to Meena. What did he say? I want to understand: Did he choose to go back to Meena on his own, was he forced to, or was why he came back a mystery- left for us to guess? Does his sentence tell us anything more about what happened?
    2. Rahul is driving the escape jeep and sees Meena run into the house. He makes a statement about how can women think about their things at a time like this. Meena runs out of the house with Grandpa’s ashes. Rahul looks at her in surprise and says something that is not translated. What did he say?

3. When Rahul and Meena first arrive at the village, Rahul seems to mutter something in Hindi about dal, perhaps “dal makhani”- I think, one of my favorite Indian foods that I cook sometimes. Am I imagining things, or is he really making a joke about dal?

Rayhana and MaryAnnK thank this.
  2. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

No. 1 - I asked a Hindi speaker in the theatre. Unfortunately she gave me two different answers, but perhaps He said them both:
    'We can't part like this' and 'I can't leave her alone' (meaning she may get into trouble).

Mara, Rayhana and MaryAnnK thank this.
  3. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

He says, "Really, no one can understand women"

Mara says thanks.
  4. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for the translations.

Alenka says thanks.
  5. mira_khan

mira_khan Khan addicted!

1. here is the translation for the first one :
    vlcsnap-2013-08-29-22h50m17s107.png vlcsnap-2013-08-29-22h50m21s151.png vlcsnap-2013-08-29-22h50m24s179.png vlcsnap-2013-08-29-22h50m34s29.png vlcsnap-2013-08-29-22h50m37s52.png

niloofari says thanks.
  6. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

1. His anger subsided and he felt bad for leaving Meena behind like that

2. When she goes running in the house he says : oh man no one can understand women, even at such a time they're worried about their things.
    When she comes running out with the ashes he says: it's true, really no one can understand women

3. That dal bit is an idiom to say something's not right, there's something fishy going on.

Mara, niloofari and mira_khan thank this.
  7. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

Thanks for the translations. I don't know why they left them out in the movie. Hopefully the translations will be better in the DVD.