1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Some love stories...Live forever

Discussion in 'Mohabbatein' started by Wafa, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

[​IMG]

Besides launching the careers of 6 newcomers, Mohabbatein also launces the careers of 6 new singers, viz. Ishaan, Sonali Bhatawadekar, Shweta Pandit, Manohar Shetty, Pritha Majumdar and Udbhav. Check out what each one of them has to say!

[​IMG] Also check out the wallpapers of Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan and the slam book & wallpapers of the six newcomers from their individual pages in 'The Mohabbatein Team'

[​IMG] Read what Lata Mangeshkar, Anand Bakshi and the duo Jatin-Lalit has to say about being a part of the Mohabbatein Team.

"Mohabbatein released worldwide on the 27th of October, 2000"

</B>

2. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

[​IMG]

Mohabbatein is a film that portrays the battle between Love and Fear.

It is a film based in a small North Indian town. A film that is set in one of the most prestigious educational institutions of the country - Gurukul. It is governed with an iron hand by the autocratic disciplinarian Narayan Shankar (Amitabh Bachchan). He runs the institution keeping in mind its three pillars "Tradition, Honour and Discipline". Every year he reminds the fresh batch of students that the outside world is closed to them once they have decided to enroll in this prestigious institution. And he warns them that any flouting or bending of the rules will not be tolerated.

To this institution come three youngsters. Boys from different parts of the country, with different characteristics, where fun and frivolity is frowned upon, where laughter or sharing a joke is deemed unacceptable. It is here that Vicky (Uday Chopra), Sameer (Jugal Hansraj) and Karan (Jimmy Shergill) form a kind of unbreakable bond. A bond that will require them to face the most difficult of tests and make choices that they never thought they would have to make. Because it is here that these boys break the cardinal rule of Gurukul & Narayan Shankar.... They fall in love.

When Vicky, Sameer and Karan first meet Ishika (Shamita Shetty), Sanjana (Kim Sharma) and Kiran (Preeti Jhangiani) respectively, their lives are placed in a turmoil as they would like to meet the girls, talk to the girls, and dream about the girls, but the omnipotent figure of Narayan Shankar looms large.

It is only with the arrival of Raj Aryan (Shah Rukh Khan) the maverick music teacher, who encourages the boys to follow their hearts and break open the gates of Gurukul, that the boys actually begin living a life that they earlier only dreamed of.

Mohabbatein slowly becomes a story of the battle between what the two stellar men, Narayan Shankar and Raj Aryan, stand for. Two stubborn men that live their lives with completely opposing principles. One who stands for love and everything that the heart encompasses and the other who stands for discipline and fear and who believes that love only leads to Pain and Weakness.

It is only the eventual outcome of the Love Stories between the six youngsters that will decide what will finally triumph...
    Love or Fear.

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

[​IMG]

The Music of Mohabbatein is released on the 30th August, 2000 by HMV. Music - Jatin-Lalit
    Lyrics - Anand Bakshi

Playback Singers - Lata Mangeshkar, Udit Narayan, Jaspinder Narula.
    (Introducing) - Udbhav, Shweta Pandit, Manhohar Shetty, Sonali Bhatawadekar, Ishaan, Pritha Majumdar

The following are the tracks of Mohabbatein and some of them have been sampled here especially for you...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

[​IMG]

He is a man with a smile on his lips & a violin in his hand. He is the maverick music teacher who comes to spread love and sunshine in the cold corridors of Gurukul. The man who comes to break every rule and change everything... including Narayan Shankar.

[​IMG]

He is the strict principal of Gurukul. A man who only recognizes achievement and does not show any kind of emotion. He believes that love leads to pain and pain leads to weakness... & weakness is something he cannot tolerate.

"Mohabbatein is a culmination of a relationship. A relationship that Yashji and I began almost 25 years ago, and we come together once again after many years. Mohabbatein gave me the unusual opportunity to work with Aditya Chopra who is a brilliant director and a great human being. Mohabbatein was a wonderful opportunity for me to work with today's superstar Shah Rukh Khan." "Mohabbatein also gave me the opportunity, after a long time, to play a character my age. In Hindi Films, very rarely is a role written specifically for a person in their 50s, but Mohabbatein is a film that does just that and I would thank Yash Chopra and Aditya Chopra for creating such a special place in their film."

5. aprs

aprs New Member

a very endearing story. a must watch

6. Charkass

Charkass King Fan

RAJ ARYAN MALHOTRA: Comes to show the people how to love despite of the hate which covers the world, spread the happiness!!! Show his eternal love's father what he couldn't understand alone:THE LOVE!!! Love without conditions!!!!
    Narayan Shankar: Seems heartless,source of fear,stubborn,
    doesn't like changes,suffers from his daughter's suicide,lost what deserves to fight for!!!!
    THIS IS MOHABBATEINNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. cute_srk

cute_srk Well-Known Member

This movie was actually very inspiring...the stories of each couple was very sweet and the acting between Shahrukh and Amitabh was amazing. This story can make many ppl think abt relationships in ways that they would have never thought abt. Thanks for all this info:D

8. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

i agree this film was really good and touching and the music was very good aswell i still love it now im really looking forward to Adis next love story

9. Charkass

Charkass King Fan

When the love comes the fear leave from the window!!!
    It's the love's power!!
    This is MOHHHAAABBBBBAAAATTTEEEIIINNNN

[​IMG]