1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Snazzy new tunes that hot up Don

Discussion in 'Don Music Review' started by sushty, Sep 19, 2006.

1. sushty

sushty Member

Priya Krishnamoorthy
    CNN-IBN

Mumbai: The music of Farhan Akhtar's much awaited film Don - The Chase Begins Again, is making waves with its fusion of new and old sounds.

It’s a new look for a new film and some new music.

Musical trio Shankar Ehsaan and Loy had to answer some questions when they set out to create music for the new Don.

“Why are you copying that song?” wondered Shankar.

“If we were to retain any songs, then which one will they be?” asked Ehsaan.

The Farhan Akhtar re-make of the original Don, stars Shah Rukh Khan in the same role that catapulted Amitabh Bachchan into the big league, almost 30 years back.

The new film and its music while retaining some of the original flavour, have been set in a contemporary format.

“It was a conscious decision by all of us to retain two of the kicking numbers from Don, that’s Khaike and Yeh, mera dil. The way the film is shot is very slick. The music in the film also had to go with it, we can’t put a Kajra Re there,” explained Shankar.

“We took a very electro-house approach. What’s the point of doing the song exactly as per the original?” said Ehsaan.

And what did the trio think about the critics? “Unless we get flak, we feel very uncomfortable,” said Shankar. “Hey, I love it, I don’t have a problem with it,” said Loy.

“We’ve done a new version of it and it works for us, so we have to take the flak as it comes,” said Ehsaan.

One big film after another, does creativity work like a faucet for the trio? “When we did KANK, we really hit a block,” revealed Loy.
    “It is a creative process, so when you’re stuck, you’re stuck. I guess you’ve just got to relax. Though I like the way I’m saying it because I’m the one who panics the most,” quipped Ehsaan.
    Video: http://www.ibnlive.com/news/snazzy-new-tunes-that-hot-up-don/21774-8.html

2. Cristina4him

Cristina4him Inspector number 8

I love the Don soundtrack! It has a 70's bad boy feel to it any yet it is modern. :whoo: