1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Shiv Sena targets Shah Rukh Khan for backing Pak players

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by DianaDimple, Jan 29, 2010.

1. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

I am all in for the hug. Very close hug that is with Shahrukh:heh:
    ok no more jokes:p:crazy::D

:grouphug::grouphug:

2. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Sorry, this is a it OT, but since they are making such a big deal out of it, I want to ask... What is this thing about Rahul Gandhi travelling by local trains? I even saw about it on the news, when I was following this SRK story, but I didn't quite catch what was the point of that?

3. sheruka

sheruka SRK forever

^^Shiv sena threat Rahul to not to come mumbai, LETS SEE WHAT HAPPEN IF HE COME:p

he came and even travelld in public train and chop sena, LMAOO shiv sena made a fool of them selves like never before, the entire nation except few shiv snacis are laughing:p

and i had a crush on this Rahul dude, oh well:eek:

4. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

^thats just too funny
    he proved SS only make empty threats to make themselves look big :pound:

5. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

a Khan named Shah Rukh? is that suppose to be flash news? :pound::rofl:
    omg..

6. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

rahul ghandi went to mumbai and he said it was a very beneficial trip!
    no idea what he did exactly though...

7. calm179

calm179 Active Member

I think the big deal on the train trip might be crowded and lack of comforts; or what's good for the common man is good for the ministry. Something like that maybe. Saw Rahul Ghandi on NDTV today, briefly, and he reiterated the statement that India is for all Indians; everyplace in India is for all Indians. Shashi Tharoor and Vikram Chandra also tweeted their support of SRK and the idea that India is for all Indians.

8. surajji

surajji New Member

I am relieved the drama with shiv sena he made with srk is over. I don't even know why the fuss, then suddenly its over.

9. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

rahul gandhi had to go to an interaction with students in bbay.. but shiv sena said that he is not welcome in bbay bc of their weird reasons. but rahul went anyway and even went on a local train.. which was a toal slap on sena's faces!

10. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

The program that show after the NDTV interview with Shahrukh was amazing. People was on SRK side like crazy and i absolutely love a guy that said that he will go to watch MNIK and will stand by the theater and see who will tell him to not watch the film:D etc

11. sheruka

sheruka SRK forever

^^yup that show was totally rock, sena guy made a fool of him self.:pound:

12. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

:lol:sure did:lol::laugh:
    really show how stupid they are:pound:

13. DianaDimple

DianaDimple Well-Known Member

SRK-Shiv Sena standoff not as heroic or villainous

In the Shah Rukh Khan-Shiv Sena standoff the heroism is not as heroic and villainy not as villainous as some in the media are projecting.

Khan "standing up" to the Sena is as much a broadcast media driven narrative as Bal Thackeray's "threats and intimidation." At its core it is nothing more than a fading 84-year-old rabble rouser's personal need for attention and losing battle to burnish a very thin legacy. It must not be a happy thought for Thackeray that 44 years after he founded it the ShivSena's single-point strategy has not evolved beyond street-level goon politics to mine some nuisance value.

Bashing up a few bystanders, tearing down a few posters, ransacking a few offices and pushing around defenceless citizenry to extract donations have pretty much been the extent of theSena's political vision for as long as it can be traced. In many ways the Shiv Sena is nothing more than Thackeray's own unsubstantiated grand view of the self which became an anachronism not too long after it was formed.

Like all family owned and run quasi-political outfits around the world, the Shiv Sena too is swift at plucking low-hanging fruits and beat them into some quick political pulp. With his own nephew Raj having ditched him and son Uddhav not politically adding up to a whole lot, the patriarch did not have much option but to pull out an old trick or two.

There was no way the Sena could have passed up on Khan's somewhat Boy Scout worldview, especially the way it was expressed in the context of the Thackeray's favorite target - Pakistan. TheSena's 486 processor could not have executed a more complex task than 'Shah Rukh Khan who is a Muslim star who is releasing a movie 'My Name is Khan' and loves Pakistani cricketers; so get him.'

While some sections of the breathless broadcast media are applauding Khan's "extraordinary courage" in taking on Thackeray, a more sober appraisal would reveal nothing of the kind. The 44-year-old Khan has merely stood his ground in defence of his very reasonable and amiable take on the controversy over the failure of T20 cricket team owners to bid for a single Pakistani player. It is a sign of the times that something as routine as expressing one's beliefs and sticking to them is being spun as an act of courage under fire. It is true that the Thackerays and the Sena did hold out some fairly equivocal threats in case Khan did not retract his stand on the Pakistani cricketers. However, veteran Sena watchers would see nothing more than posturing in this move.

At the personal level Thackeray had long been known to get a kick out of movie stars dropping by at his residence 'Matoshri' in the neighborhood that is ironically called 'Kala Nagar.' In some ways such visits fueled his sense of grandiosity and reinforced his image for his followers. The kind of implied intimidation that has been used in the current instance has more often than been only a tactic to get the targeted celebrities to come and pay their respects. Placating "Balasahab" became a ritual that helped the ShivSena acquire a profile that was way out of sync with its real influence.

Had it not been for the past acts of violence, which were done either directly by the loosely structured Sena cadres or by their proxies, this brand of politics would have seemed like the kind of caricature that Bal Thackeray is so skilled at as a cartoonist of formidable talent. It would be a mistake to cast the latestSena outbursts as part of some overarching political debate about foreign policy, national security, terror and India's neighborhood. In the Sena's collective mind it is far simpler than that. It is just a characteristically short-term tactic to stay relevant in a city that has all but turned its back on them. Also, it can be said with some levity that the fulminations mean nothing more than "Come and meet Balasahab."

As for Khan, he would be the wiser were he not to fall for the wholly unconvincing media hype of courage under fire.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/43/20100208...as-heroic.html

14. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

unnecassary article..just random crap :blah:

15. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

is it on youtube?

16. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

not sure:noidea:

17. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

SRK hopes all is well!
    IANS, 9 February 2010, 12:00am ISTText Size:|Topics:Shah Rukh Khan
    Indian Premier League

Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan is tired of being under the Shiv Sena scanner for his stand on Pakistani players in the Indian Premier League

(IPL), and says now he is hoping that all ends well.

"(I) hope all turns out well. Hate altercations and misunderstandings - tired of interpretations of this whole undesired and sad affair," Shah Rukh posted on micro-blogging site Twitter. Shah Rukh, who owns IPL team Kolkata Knight Riders, had been facing the ire of the Shiv Sena for his comments favouring the inclusion of Pakistani players in the third season of the IPL.

The Shiv Sena sought a public apology from the star and threatened to ban his films in Mumbai, starting with the much-awaited "My Name Is Khan" slated to release Friday. But the issue sorted out when Sena leaders unofficially retracted from having issued any such diktat to ban the movie and it is expected that it may be released without any problems now.

Shah Rukh said he had been "misunderstood" on that issue. "I don't think I have ever said anything anti-national or non-Indian. I need not explain my Indian-ness to anybody. I have only said what every Indian should. I stand by what I have said. I think there's a bit of agenda and politics in all this," Shah Rukh had told reporters after returning from London.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...SRK-hopes-all-is-well/articleshow/5548678.cms

18. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

thanks for posting :)

19. sheruka

sheruka SRK forever

they started again, attack the cinema:(

mumbai advance booking is extremely low:( people are scared. it's the largest city so mnik going to affected. karan promised the security, but people are scared.

bloody losers, where is The chance for goodness and truth..

20. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

^yeah. the people of Mumbai are expecting SRK to stand up for goodness and truth by himself :tsk:
    and if he doesnt, they'll think up "conspiracy theories" between SRK and ss and give it to rajdeep wotsitsname and then he'll throw them at SRK and call it an "inteview"

those people wont go because they are scared for themselves and family, then dont they understand that SRK feels the same?
    anything he does for his family is conspiracy or for publicity in their eyes
    bloody hypocrites
    :tsk: