1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Shiv Sena targets Shah Rukh Khan for backing Pak players

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by DianaDimple, Jan 29, 2010.

1. JUG

JUG Well-Known Member

"My daughter asked me over the phone if we'll have to leave India." :hug: awwww i wish i could give her a huge hug :kiss:

2. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

this so sad......i wish all this would just end!
    there really is no point!

3. SRKfanforever

SRKfanforever Well-Known Member

inshallah everything will be alright... we are proud of you SRK...

4. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

5. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

he is Not a traitor, its them who are traitors to indians :rolleyes:

6. mumbiene

Shiv Sena targets Shah Rukh Khan for backing Pak players vidios

I think it`s very interested what Shahrukh said to this dilemma.
    So I opened a new thread

I am what I am because of Mumbai: SRK

Sharukh Khan is back in Mumbai after a trip to New York and London for the promotion of his film, My Name is Khan. With Shiv Sena saying they will not allow the release of his film, SRK has said that he is who he is because of Mumbai

http://movies.ndtv.com/video.aspx?id=nn1199606

SRK returns to Mumbai today; eye on Sena

It has been a tough week for Shah Rukh Khan while he promotes his film, 'My Name is Khan' and battles the Shiv Sena

http://movies.ndtv.com/video.aspx?id=nn1199623

7. mumbiene

8. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

They've all worked so hard on this film and now he says he's not even feeling the excitement of its release.:(:(

"I felt so sad that I felt like crying actually.":(:(:(:(

"My contemporaries and my friends who said, I thank them, who did not say, I thank them also, because I know they feel exactly the same."

He has the biggest heart ever.:heart:

Thanks everyone.:)

9. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Glad to hear ss finally gave in. I knew eventually they'd have to, since what they were doing was going so strongly against themselves. They made a mistake in targetting Shahrukh Khan, he is too loved for them to gain popularity by attacking them...

10. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

inshallah all will be well and we need to show appreciation by inshallah watching the film inshallah so glad its over yaar thank god

11. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

i knw right.. when he said that.. i felt sooo bad for him :(:( wish things were not like this.. this is an important film with a simple message about peace and goodness.. but all this is just ruining everything. :(

12. calm179

calm179 Active Member

Shah Rukh said this at the press conference in Mumbai. Would someone be so kind as to translate, please. It seemed important, and I didn't understand.:frown:

13. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

awwwww poor thing.:hug::hug: I just hope see haven't been watching too much news and I hope some silly kids isn't telling her crap:mmph:

I am so glad that Shahrukh stick to what he says. God bless him.

14. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

oh sorry :eek:
    it means that america won't let me in (bc of the detention incident) and well mumbai won't let me stay... so where should i go?

in all tht chaos at the airport.. when he goes "1 second.. 1 second.. ask me a question then wait for an answer.. otherwise don't ask!" he genuinely sounded pissed.. it's sort of scary to see him like that. but im glad he's putting the pushy reporters back in their place. like.. really.. everyone needs to CALM DOWN!!!

and then even in the end tht girl was like "why didn't you pick any pak players" he serisouly got ticked off and was like "why don't you first check the rules!" you go shah! :hug::hug:

although for the first time in a LONG time.. all the media is with shah on this issue.. THANKFULLY.. and this like NEVER happens! so.. thank God for their support.. :pray2::pray2: they do have brains! who knew!? :rolleyes: :lol:

15. aidam

aidam New Member

This has happened so many times throughout the history! every time someone comes out and tries to promote love and integrity they stick labels on him and try to bring him down :(

the world is so unjust lots of love and prayers behind Shahrukh !

Plus they all know MY name is khan is going to be big so they attack it like this :((

16. mumbiene

I stand by what I said: SRK
    India Blooms News Service

Mumbai, Feb 6 (IBNS): Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan on Saturday said he was sad when his daughter called him up abroad to ask if the family would have to leave India owing to the Shiv Sena protests against him.

"My daughter asked me over phone if we will have to leave India," an emotional SRK told a press conference here on his return to Mumbai from London under the shadow of Shiv Sena protest for his remark supporting inclusion of Pakistani players in the Indian Premier League (IPL).

SRK said he stood by what he said (on Pakistani players).

"These are sensitive issues. So you remain silent because of prudence and not fear," he said.

"I stand by what I said."

He said he felt like crying in London as heard the protests back home.

SRK arrived here from London on Saturday amid unprecedented security arrangements in the face of Sena protests and threats to disrupt screening of his new film My Name is Khan. There was security all through his route from airport to his bungalow Mannat.

He also struck a conciliatory note when he said he would call on the Sena chief if invited.

"Let's be gracious. Let's talk it out. I am pro-relationship. I have always gone and met Balasaheb Thackeray whenever he called. I have been to his functions," he told newspersons jostling outside the airport here for his bytes.

Shiv Sena has softened its stand on SRK apparently and has not issued any instruction to protest.

SRK said he would not go and meet Sena chief just for this reason (protest against his new film) on his own but he respects a senior leader like Bal Thackeray and would love to meet him if asked.

"I am what I am for Mumbai. I want every Mumbaikar to be happy. Mumbaikars want me to be happy. It (Mumbai) has given me more reasons to celebrate," SRK said.

SRK also clarified his stand on non-inclusion of Pakistani players in his Kolkata Knight Riders team saying there was only one slot available for his team at the auction (in which all Pakistani players were ignored by all IPL teams).

"There was only one slot available and you cannot take more than that. We wanted Abdul Razzaq but there are rules," he said dismissing that the rejection of Pakistani players was preplanned.

No Shiv Sena supporters were spotted outside the airport or anywhere else in Mumbai to show protest against the actor who refused to apologise to the outfit for his stance on inclusion of Pakistani players in the Indian Premier League (IPL), but police took no chances.

Shahrukh Khan's costar in the film My Name is Khan, Kajol, also arrived with him and she headed home. Kajol had also slammed the Shiv Sena on her Twitter post.

A day before, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi also stumped the Shiv Sena by moving around freely in Mumbai and even travelling in a local train despite plans to show him black flags and disrupt his schedule for his "Mumbai for all Indians" stance.

Pushed to the wall by opposition from all quarters, the Shiv Sena apparently decided to back away from their plan to disrupt the release of My Name is Khan in Mumbai.

In an editorial in the party mouthpiece Saamna published Saturday, Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray said his party would not oppose the release of My Name is Khan, which brings together the hit pair of SRK and Kajol after eight years.

"Shah Rukh Khan is a traitor but we will not oppose his film," Thackeray reportedly said.

The party had earlier planned to oppose the release of this film.

Shiv Sena would also not be protesting the inclusion of Australian players in the third edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL), reports added.

http://www.indiablooms.com/NewsDetailsPage/newsDetails060210j.php

17. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

To see him snap at the reporters twice like that is so unusual, but understandable.
    Such stress!
    And how ironic that it should happen when they are being more or less supportive of him. Not sure about that question about the IPL auction though. Were they suggesting he should have just gone ahead and bid for a Pakistani player? For heavens sake! Hasn't he done enough! Leave the man alone! :rolleyes:

18. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

Bal gives up, leaves SRK alone

Mumbai, Feb. 6: Finally, the Shiv Sena has blinked in its tense standoff with Shah Rukh Khan and has said that it will not create trouble for his movie My name is Khan. The surrender comes on the heels of the Congress leader, Mr Rahul Gandhi’s visit to Mumbai when he defied the Sena by travelling on local trains.

Though the Sena chief, Mr Bal Thackeray, bitterly labelled Shah Rukh a “traitor” in his editorial in the party mouthpiece Saamna, he also added in a dejected tone that the Sena will not oppose the release of his film, hinting that the campaign against the superstar was fizzling out.

Mr Thackeray sniped at the actor in his editorial. “A Khan named Shah Rukh tells us to love Pakistan but nobody feels suffocated due to his treachery. Traitors, do whatever you want to do with the blessings of Congress. Sena won’t stop you,” he wrote. they pull their tails between their legs:pound: Shahrukh have like all the supporters:cheer2::dance:

Shah Rukh, who arrived in Mumbai on Saturday, however, stuck to his stance that there was nothing anti-national in his comments on having Pakistani players in IPL. “I have not said anything that is anti-national or anti-Indian,” said the actor, who reached the city after promoting his film in New York, London and Berlin. “I stand by what I said and I would like to say that may be the group has misunderstood me. There is no other reason because I have not said anything I should feel sorry about.”

When asked whether he would go to Mr Thackeray’s home ‘Matoshree’ to explain his position, Shah Rukh said he had gone there often. “If Balasaheb wants me to meet him, I will do that,” said the actor. “But on this matter, I don’t see...there is no reason for going and asking...but if my stand needs to be explained to someone, I have already done it. I don’t think there is an issue on that front.”

He hastened to add that Mr Thackeray was an “elderly gentleman” whose company he enjoyed. The actor deftly sidestepped questions on the issue of “Mumbai for all Indians”. He said, “But I am what I am because of Mumbai.”

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/national/sena-dubs-shah-rukh-traitor-099

19. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

SRK comes home to a mellow Sena

A day after Rahul Gandhi unnerved the Shiv Sena and made an unambiguous political statement by travelling on Mumbai’s suburban trains, the Sena changed its stand on Shah Rukh Khan’s film, My Name is Khan, saying it would not block its screening as it didn’t want to be “the only party fighting for the nation’s pride”.

Khan, too, seemed keen to talk truce. Although he said he wouldn’t apologise for favouring the inclusion of Pakistani players in the Indian Premier League, he made conciliatory noises as soon as he landed at Mumbai airport from London on Saturday.

“I stand my ground, but I’d like to meet him (Sena chief Bal Thackeray) as an artist. I have been there (Thackeray’s residence) so often. I’d like to go, have a drink with him,” he said.

There were no protests at the airport by the Sena. Sources in the party said a truce was likely if the actor met Thackeray. A meeting is expected soon — before February 12, the date of the film’s release.

The editorial in Saamna, the Sena mouthpiece, was a pointer to this. “Let Shah Rukh run his movie in any theatre; the party will not attempt to stop it because no one seems to be bothered [about the nation]. Why should Sainiks be jailed for the [nationalist] cause?” :pound::pound: those SS people must be feeling really stupid and really frustrated that they even target Shahrukh.:lol: God, I love Shahrukh.

SRK said he couldn’t do much about the differences between his ideology and that of the Thackerays. But he said: “I enjoy Balasaheb and Uddhav’s company and have interacted them as artists, but we have never had an ideological discussion. Balasaheb is a very gracious man and has helped me on many personal issues.”

Most Bollywood biggies who had twittered in support of Shah Rukh all through the controversy had not posted anything on the peace moves till late Saturday evening. His fans, however, seemed relieved. “Glad Shiv Sena understood Shah Rukh’s point,” said a tweet from Lutz Manke from Toronto.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Shiv-Sena-Shah-Rukh-Khan-talk-truce/H1-Article1-506194.aspx

20. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

These Shiv Sena people just throw sh*t on a wall to see if it will stick. I am sorry for the language but that is how I am seeing this all play out. They throw controversy out there and see if people will get all out of sorts and make a big fuss. Well, this time, they could not get enough and backed down. Way to hold your stand Shah Rukh!!

I do feel badly that He has to go through all of this. I cann't imagine how stressful this must be. I just want to put my arms around him and tell him that I love him and everything will work out. What say, didis? How about a BIG :grouphug:?