1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Shiv Sena targets Shah Rukh Khan for backing Pak players

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by DianaDimple, Jan 29, 2010.

1. DianaDimple

DianaDimple Well-Known Member

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/shiv-sena-targets-shah-rukh-khan-for-backing-pak-players/109375-37.html

Shiv Sena targets Shah Rukh Khan for backing Pak players

CNN-IBN

Published on Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 12:18, Updated on Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 12:59 in Politics section

NOT IN TUNE: Shiv Sena activists tore off posters of SRK's film My Name is Khan.

January 29, 2010

Mumbai: Shah Rukh Khan's statements on the Indian Premier League snub to Pakistani cricketers has riled Shiv Sena with the party on Friday saying that the Bollywood star's upcoming film My name is Khan will not be allowed to be screened.

Shiv Sena activists on Friday tore off posters of My name is Khan in Thane protesting Shah Rukh's statement that Pakistani cricketers should be allowed to participate in IPL.

"Let us see how he dares to take in Pakistani players. We will see to it. We will not tolerate anybody praising Pakistanis. Balasaheb has already given instructions on the issue. You will see what Shiv Sena will do in the coming days," said Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut.

Shah Rukh Khan, who owns the Kolkata Knight Riders team, had said that the IPL could have handled the controversy over franchisees not selecting Pakistani cricketers at an auction in a “nicer manner”.

"If there is an issue with any other country I think it can be resolved in a friendly and nicer manner,” Khan said.

“I believe my country stands for democracy, goodness and welcome-ness. We should open our arms to everyone and I think we should have a little more leeway in involving people from all over the world to come and showcase their talent,” he said.

None of the 11 Pakistani players in the fray was picked by any of the eight IPL franchisees in the January 19 auction in Mumbai and entire Pakistan cried foul after the snub.

2. calm179

calm179 Active Member

Mr. SRK mentioned this in his twitter earlier (10 hrs ago). As Shashi Tharoor would say, it's communalistic attitude that sets back progress in India. Mr. SRK seems to hold a similar stance. Shiv Shena, the Hindu-Nationalist party, has a political stance, seemingly, contrary to the stated values and goals of the Indian Constitution. Ironic that these statements would be coming out 60 years after independence. India is such a diverse country and for the most part, seems to have been working through the centuries.From my understanding, Hinduism is a very tolerant and accepting religion, so why the extreme prejudice against Muslims (Pakistanis in the article) as expressed by this party? Is it fundamentalism? I don't get it.

Shah Rukh is so perspicacious. He plays the game (he didn't bid on any Pakistan players, nor did he attend the auction [according to his twitter]), but he gently chides the process as disrespectful, which, it sounds like the process was!! Why weren't the Pakistan players informed that they would not be drafted due to visa concerns or whatever it was? Instead, they were allowed to put themselves out there only to be passed up. As anyone knows who has ever been picked for a team, that's a trying situation.

I know I'm naive and ignorant, but really, Mr. SRK was right on, as far as I can tell.

3. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

I really dont understand whats going on between India-Pakistan but this is getting SILLY!!!!!!

4. DianaDimple

My God Shublee :eek: in which world are you living ? :rolleyes:

India and Pakistan have been enemies for last 60 years ever since they were separated from being one country. And now to add to the enmity, all terrorists operating in India are proved to be Pakistanis. So this is not really UNexpected :rolleyes:

But to take it to this violent level against only SRK, is unfair.

5. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

I know that Diana!
    im just saying its absolutely pathetic the way the government does this
    NOT ALL pakistani's are terrorists and just because SRK praised some innocent pakistani players they do this to him??

6. DianaDimple

Of course all pakistanis are not terrorists, but ALL terrorists in India somehow prove to be Pakistanis.

But as I said, what they are doing to SRK is NOT right.

7. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

Shahrukh said it right, India has a strong democracy then what's this? What world are they living in? Or is this a publicity gimmick for Shiv Sena? You know, target the famous person over his statements and get loads of publicity for free!

And they don't own the area where MNIK is gonna be screened so who do they think they are to stop it?

And is this how they respect another country? Regardless of how good or bad a country maybe, each country should be respected and treated equally.

And tearing off posters...:tsk:

8. Rayhana

Rayhana Well-Known Member

:puke:OH GOD! :shocked:This is what he talking about last night on twitter , :sad:God bless him!:faint::pray:

9. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

^Yes!!! and you can see it really upset him the way they took his words and made it into this big issue

just because his a celeb!
    if he was an aam, normal person then they wouldnt have turned it into an issue but because this is The Shah Rukh Khan it has to be exploited 5 times over and analysed some more

10. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

from where i see this, shiv sena are the real walking talking terrorists right now!!!

11. luxia

luxia I'm demented...

And those hatred-spreading Shiv Sena idiots call themselves Indians? Have they learnt nothing from their country's history? Have they learnt nothing from the wonderful people their country has bred throughout the centuries? Is this how they want the outside world to perceive India - as petty, prejudiced, intolerant? Morons!

12. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

When I first saw the title and started reading I was so angry, I was full of hate for shiv sena (didn't start with this incident, it's not the first or the last time they target Shahrukh)... But when I was reading, I was just filled with such a deep sadness. How can there be such people in the world who are so filled by hatred, they automatically hate those who are not filled by the same hate? With people like this, how can there ever be true peace? There can't... :(

What Shahrukh said was true and right. These people are and always will be wrong and blind. Nothing more I can say..... :(

13. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

they better stay in their limits is all i can hope for now

14. CM Ashok Chavan will do smthing trust him :D

15. salut_sara

salut_sara :::ملك القلووووب:::

Re : Shiv Sena targets Shah Rukh Khan for backing Pak players

Idiots,these are the real terrorists
    I'm proud of him for speaking his mind , Wonderful man trying to spread peace everywhere
    My ALLAH PROTECT HIM:)

16. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

I really hope Ashish, I really hope CM does something about these cavemen.

17. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

Re: Re : Shiv Sena targets Shah Rukh Khan for backing Pak players

Ameen :pray2:

_______
    well ashish & rumana, i hope your right and i hope someone does do something about this shivwhatever group

18. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

this is why he was stressed out yesterday :(
    i just wish i could go hug him :hug::eek:

19. sheruka

sheruka SRK forever

why dont these idiotic gundas are still allowed to active and some section of people support them??

he as an entertainer is prasing pak players who were played greately in ODI matches. so is that sound anti indian for these idiots???

heard they burn SRK pics and threat people to not to watch MNIK. yeah carry on uneducated fools...
    even if movie flop, i don't mind, SRK spoke from his mind, he has every right to say that and other than that, he is right and specially as an entertainer he talks to unite nations, not for divide nations.........
    because he is an educated liberal intelligent man and not a narrow minded dumb extremist like these fool gundas...

cant belive these bunch of losers and violence are still ruling the country. burn in hell

20. Rajshri

Rajshri Well-Known Member

GOD DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:No wonder he was so upset yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(