1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Shahrukhies United - Khan-verting the World!

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by Laila2006, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Laila2006

Laila2006 New Member

Hi everybody,
    I'm sorry but I HAD to share this with you:
    I was planning on watching "Dil chahta hai" tonight with my friend Enass (a.k.a Annous in this forum). But when I got home my roommate had taken my Kal Ho Naa Ho DVD and started it. She was watching it with 2 of her friends who have never seen a Hindi movie before. So me and Enass decided to watch it with them (for the 1000th time :D ). They were about 5 minutes into the movie. Then came the most-waited scene of all: SRK's entrance :love: !!!!! first the camera only shows his back for a while, so me, Enass, and my roommate (who had also seen the movie before) started acting VERY excited and we were like "watch, pay attention to him, he's the best"... (by that time all of my roommates had sat down to watch the movie as well as 1 of our neighbours). Then BANG SRK's face was in the middle of the T.V., and all of the "new comers" said: "Come on guys!!! he's not THAT good-looking, he's ok." All we said is reply was "well tell us your opinion about him at the end." ...Well...again the same thing that happens EVERY time a person is introduced to SRK happened, and this is what I mean: when the movie got to the scene where he dances with the sticks and falls on the floor, they were all crying their eyes out and shouted "Don't die!!!! pleaaase no....oh my gosh he can't die...he is sooo cute."
    Then me, Enass and my roommate were like "why did u just say? didn't u say before, he was JUST ok?" they said "Well, no, he is sooo cute, he is sooo charming...oh... he is hot!!!"
    LOL, all I can say is YIPEEEEEEEEEEEE new SRK converts (now they wanna watch all the movies we have with him in them :) )
    SO, basically MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: yet other hearts filled with the love of Shahrukh Khan ;)
    :heart: ,
    Laila.

2. TARA

TARA "K3T"-Member

Re: New SRK converts!!!!!!!

Hey Laila, I know what you mean. It was the same way with a friend of mine and her kids. Whenever I told her about Shah Rukh and his films, she just said, come on, its too much time to watch this indian movies....(they are too long)
    One fine day, we sat together ,was a friday night, and we was chatting as we felt like watching a movie.So I thought it would be my time to show her SRK.I`ve put in the DVD and first she said same: "He is okay".....This daughters and herself were sitting , watching the whole movie, and believe me, in the end of this movie all had cried their eyes out about seeing him die in it!!
    Now, they know about twenty of his movies and are still greedy to know more!
    To use your words::heart: :heart:

SO, basically MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: yet other hearts filled with the love of Shahrukh Khan
    Heike:)

3. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

All what I've to say to this is:

That's the SRK magic!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Thanks Laila!:thumb: Good work....!

4. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

LOOOOOOOOOOOL WTG Laila!! thats gr8....Srk addiction started already:thumb:

5. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

LOOOOOLLL!!! :D
    thanks laila for sharing the story its funny how people react to him sometimes. I've also seen it happen and I have, just like you, have converted many of my friends to be shahrukhies too.
    they see my posters and all my dvd's and my obsession with him, then they say, oh but he's okkkk.... then I let them watch any of his movies. they always come back for more.:D :D

why don't you invite your roommate and neighbors to join us here and get to know him more.:thumb:

6. jessibhatti

jessibhatti Member

wow thats too cool :) shah rukh is the best any girl will fall in love with him and think he is hot after watching his movie once ;)

Jessi

7. mad

mad New Member

thats SRK.... ;) any 1 falls in love with him when they see him for the first time:heart:
    they just need to see his face once and they will be like
    "oh my god. he is cute":)
    SRK magic work all the time;)

8. Poonam

Poonam New Member

LOL !!!:D Lovely story and why are you saying 'sorry'? Wish I could convert someone too. Unfortunately in India, it's a rare soul who knows nothing about Shahrukh and everyone seems to have a definite opinion about
    him,,it's either 'haan' or 'naa'.

9. annous

annous New Member

Poonam .. I am interested about hearing from you about SRK... how big is he in India?

and what would you say the % of the Haan to the naa?
    Is he really popular in big cities and metro areas only? and not in rural India?

10. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

yes good question enass. I'm interested to know.
    I know from a friend that he is on all signs and boards and ads on the streets everywhere you go in mumbai. but is it still the same?

11. Poonam

Poonam New Member

Gosh, I'm no expert to give percentages:eek: of course,Sharu is HUGE in India. But in the last 2 years, Amitabh has towered over everyone . I think this has something to do with the fact that unlike the West which worships youth, age and experience are still revered in India. When AB was ill recently,the media frenzy bordered on lunacy.The other guy who's now getting a lot of kids hooked is Abhishek Bachchan.

Definitely, the percentage of 'haan' is bigger than the 'naa' more so in metros. Salman Khan rules over rural and small-town India. I think it's 'cos his movies have a lot of crude humour and and the 'dehaatis' (unsophisticated types) warm up to his brawn rather than brain !!

And Wafa,we do see a lot of Shahrukh in places other than the theatres. His ads on TV are great fun. There are hoardings of his ads from Pepsi, Airtel, Videocon in all big cities, not only Mumbai. Right now, all the Pepsi delivery vans have the 'snake-charmer' griinning at you while they drive around town. I swear, I have such a hard time concentrating on the road. I've seen his face on a tiny shop selling juices and also a company that teaches car-driving!:D Another thing I've noticed is that TV channels always show his movies over weekends when TV viewing is at a peak. And he's the only actor whose hit songs are sold as collections on cassettes and CDs. He is really media-savvy.

12. annous

annous New Member

Poonam!!!!!!
    thank you very much for a great answer. From my readings about the film industry in India, I think the days of appealing to everybody are long gone, and I will really sound arrogant and pompous( man.. I love when SRK says that:D ), but I like my idols to be sophisticated, intelligent , and smart. The fact that SRK will not lower his standards to appeal to the masses makes him more alluring, and I think it is a smart move, because my impressions of the Indian society, is that it's becoming more educated, and connected to world, the number of people who want smart ,classy, and refined entertainment will increase, making the likes of Salman Khan's movies even less acceptable.

The fact that films like Range De Basante are doing well in India, is a great sign of the maturing audiences even if those audiences live in Big cities, and metro areas. SRK is not just a brilliant actor, and a superb entertainer, he is also a smart buisnessman, he knows where his audience is.

13. Laila2006

Laila2006 New Member

New SRK converts update.

The girls I was talking about (the new converts;) ) came by yesterday night (saturday) and borrowed K3G, they LOOOOVED it and they are planning on HOSTING a K3G night next Friday to introduce their roommates to SRK and indian movies :D LOL
    P.S: my roommate told me saturday morning that she had a dream about SRK (after watching him in KHNH who wouldn't...really...:heart: ), so I suggested she joins this forum and write about it :) She also told me that I and Enass should change our nicknames in this forum to "SRK missionaries."

14. Mazerq_j

Mazerq_j Well-Known Member

LOL laila taht so cool yaar! and funny too. we have the mission to expand the list :)

and poo thanx for your answer. so interesting to know what is actually happens in india

15. verynicegirl

verynicegirl New Member

Laila,ur story is really cute!!!!
    i have converted lots of my friends to SRK lovers loools
    they even didnt think that India has such cute actors till they watched Shahrukh movie. :D

16. SRK Pagal

SRK Pagal OSO ROCKS

GOOD JOB Laila!!!:thumb: :thumb: U have totally Khanverted them:) :)
    I think I may have also yestrday my friend I was making her watch da Outer World of SRK and she was listening to him speak english n when they showed Atlanta,Georgia she nearly died as she is from there and she was like "OMG I cud'v been on that highway in that car next to SRK and nevr have known it" and she was asking me when he was gonna come in concert again coz she wants to go now and she wants to get front row seats also:D :D :D

17. Rajshri

Rajshri Well-Known Member

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! GREAT STORIIIIIIES!!!!!!!!!! :becky: :becky: :becky: :becky: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

18. Astri

Astri New Member

Feed her with more Shahrukh's movie Laila, she will in love with Shahrukh forever.:D

19. Laila2006

Laila2006 New Member

LOL HILARIOUS "KHANVERTED THEM"!!!!! that's the perfect way to put it :rofl:

20. Laila2006

Laila2006 New Member

Don't worry about that, yesterday she saw me browsing this forum (the pictures section) and she was like: "OMG he is SOOO hot." And then she saw me looking at Gauri's pics and she said "why in the world are you looking at her pics, come on go back to his I wanna see more." But guess what the best part is?-----> She will be hosting a Veer-Zara screening night at our apartment friday night, and of course the whole apartment complex is invited, so we'll see how many khanverts (as SRK PAGAL would put it:D ) we get :)
    :heart: you all