1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

ShahRukh Khan's Birthday

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by Wafa, Sep 16, 2006.

?

voting for SRK´s birthday gift

Poll closed Sep 24, 2006.
  1. comic/pop art collage

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  2. book with members own poem,greetings,drawing,...

21 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. moviescenes with speech bubbles

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. T-Shirt with self created drawing, collages, planetlogo

17 vote(s)
    28.3%
  5. jigsaw puzzle with pic/collage

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  6. flower bouqet with note cards, messages, pics

4 vote(s)
    6.7%
  7. Video games

13 vote(s)
    21.7%
  1. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

INSANE! this is an understatement.
    for over a week now, I have been trying to guarantee a PS3. although I preordered one, I was sent an email that the quantity will be received is less than expected.
    according to the email, media announced that sony will release 400,000 units in USA, but they are actually releasing only 200,000. they could not guarantee us a unit.

thats not all. in more than 6 stores in 3 cities 2 counties I have been to, freaks are camping out with their tents, sleeping bags or even without cover in front of each store. the line was from here to canada!:eek: even thought each store was getting no more than 20-30 units with exception to one store (circuit city) which was supposed to receive 100.

I contacted some of you here "kalee, shilpa, veronica, ramoneh" and more, to see if they know anyone who can join the camp. I stood in line for hours one day before work and had one co-worker relieve me, but we couldnt spend the night like all the others. unfortunately I couldnt find anyone to camp for me.

now many of those buyers are selling the ps3 online for $1200-$2000 or more. (original price is $599) but even at that price units are sold out!

so, ps3 is out of the picture for now. I will still get him one later this year from another shipment I was told should be coming, but for now I will get him the video games for ps2 and ps3, and something for his neck/back from sharper image, 2 books and I had PlanetSRK hat made for him.

I will still upate you with final purchases once I get them hopefully this weekend or by monday.

2. goldenrusty

goldenrusty New Member

don't make yourself crazy because of this ps3 wafa, so much time for...:thumb:

i was reading something, that shah rukh has already the ps3, so for special people it's always little bit easier to get this stuff really early from special places.

maybe it's perfect with a lot of games as present:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:, i'm sure he will enjoy it to get all this games:thumb:

you are doing so much for this birthday :thumb:

3. clochette

clochette New Member

Wafa, I would like to know what will happen with the video-contributions we did for Lida's show. Weren't they supposed to be given to ShahRukh, too? And do you know if Lida will show some (I think she didn't show any yet or did she?)? And what will happen with the contributions we sent to Evy?

4. goldenrusty

goldenrusty New Member

wafa,
    one question, i'm not rteally sure :confused: how does it work with the contribution for the presents, the t-shirt and so on, who is getting the money, you, evy, gai .... , sorry, maybe i'm the last one, asking such a stupid question. is there a way without paypal ?

5. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

Don't worry Wafa!
    I'm sure that he'll be happy about our presents... even without the PS3... it's really bad but not the end of the world! ;)

I believe that he'll be really happy even with "only" a rose! :D :thumb:

Thanks for all your efforts! :hug: :kiss:

6. Evy

Evy Well-Known Member

Just to clarify some points:

I don´t collect the money contributions. All money contributions are going to Wafa, not to me !!! So please if you still want to contribute sent a pm to Wafa :thumb:

The fanbook I made together with Tina is still on the way to Wafa too and even another work I did for Shah Rukh Khan. :)

7. Chicken

Chicken ♥ ♥

@ Wafa Didi: Oh yeah... those videogame fanatics have definitely reached a point which is far beyond insanity when it comes to the new PS3. :rolleyes: ... :crazy:
    I've seen some scenes from the salesstart in Japan on the news :eek: ... OUTRAGEOUS !!! :scared:
    I was hoping and crossing my fingers that you'll get one Didi.

I really wish I could have been there to help you 'camp'. ;)
    Darn... too bad that we here in Europe even have to wait till March 2007 for the PS3. :suspicious:

Oh well,but don't trouble yourself too much with it Didi... you've already done and planned so much for our Sweetoo's gifts... and I'm sure he'll be very happy and touched by all the lovely prezzies he'll get from us... :) ...
    thanks a million for your effort. :hug:

I'm looking so much forward to the day when he'll receive his gifts. :becky:

8. Tanjusik

Tanjusik New Member

Dear Wafa! Thank you very much for efforts! I didn't think that it would be so difficult thing to get it!
    Don't be upset please. Everything is o.k You have done so much!

9. srkmyidol

srkmyidol Confidence...

Wafa Didi,

You are the best!!! any effort you put into the present and everything is so great....so don't worry if you did not get the PS3, to be honest with you, I think Shahrukhji will have a easier time getting it then any of us, that's including ME...Again you are the best!...say that 10x...And so does Shahrukhji think of you also.

LOVE Sibel :)

10. srkpreityfan

srkpreityfan Well-Known Member

Yes, Wafa - thank you so much, and Chicky and Evy, and everyone else who has worked so hard to get everything together. Thank you SOOOO much. Shahrukh is such a kind, loving, and gracious man - he will love even our effort :becky:

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

11. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

thank you all for your kind words, I was a bit disappointed and I thought I had a guarantee in getting one. it was not meant to be I guess. Lamya even spent hours online when she has her family business to run, she was looking to deal and wheel with sellers, but no luck.

Anyways, Do Not send anymore donations. I received total of $300 approx with Najet's contribution on the way and I will add from me the rest.
    I will get the videos first.
    PS3 video games are approx $50 each. I think I will get 2 of those coz I didn't like the rest, too advanced if he wanted to play with Aryan. then I will pick other video games for PS2.

so far we got the shirt, Planetsrk hat, and veronica will get another hat made too. and the video games, and the sharper image gift which I will still go shop for, and 2 books.

We have a great team here, everyone has contributed and SRK will receive all this with lots of love.
    Evy and Tina have also been so kind and very helpful in helping with the bday messages and CD.
    Carol has done a beautiful bday card with every contributor's name on it, I will post it later.

12. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

yes claudia, Lida showed some of those videos on her show. the ones she thought she could edit and put on tv. many of them had either bad quality picture or low sound. but she collected ALL the video and we will include them with the bday gift to go to SRK soon.

13. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

Gai paid for the T-shirt and I reimbursed her half of it as she wanted to contribute with half.
    the easiest means of contributions was paypal but some chose to send a cheque or money order in the mail, others sent via western union.
    I collected all the contributions and I am getting all the gifts purchased in the next few days.

14. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

yes it was outrageous! I never knew this chaos will happen, I never bought a video game or even heard of the craze over PS.
    a radio show host got beaten by crowd coz he tried to cut in and get one without standing in line. he thought he was more popular and "should" be able to get a favor. NOT!

15. clochette

clochette New Member

Yes, that's the right spirit! I'm sure he has gotten his own the very first day Sony had them ready. We were spared a big disappointment (thanks to God)!
    Wafa, my contribution is now on my PayPal account. Do you still want the money?
    Oh, what a pity, I've missed just this show??!! (Do you know which Saturday it was?) I would have liked to see the video of Paola and her friends!

16. semaay

semaay Senior Member

Wafa, a big thank you for everything that you are doing!! It is a shame for PS3, but hey with so many presents that we have already for him - it is already nice! We will get him one later - hopefully he has not one until then ;)

17. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

I should clarify one thing as I also edited my previous msg, Carol did the bday card, Evy and Tina helped with the CD and messages.
    sorry for the confusion.

18. Chicken

Chicken ♥ ♥

So true Didi... we're the BEST team ever !!! :thumb:
    Once again a big thank you to everybody for all your help and support. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Thanks Wafa Didi, Evy, Tina, Carol, Veronica and, of course, a very biggie thank you to all the wonderful Shahrukhies here who not only contributed money but who also came up with ideas and suggestions for the gifts.

I love you all... you're just awesome !!! :grouphug:

Shah Rukh Jaan is the BEST and therefore he also has the BEST Fans in the world !!! :first:

19. Chicken

Chicken ♥ ♥

LOL... maybe I should have warned you :p ... but to be honest not even
    I expected that it would grow so much out of hand !!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sony definitely made a big miscalculation concerning their production for the PS3 !!! :tsk:
    Oh boy, they better hurry now and start to get in gear to produce more... much more !!! :rolleyes:
    I mean 200.000 units for the entire USA !?! That's ridiculous !!! :crazy:

Well, I guess that radio show host learned his lesson the hard way :boxing: ... never come between a horde of videogame fanatics and the new PS3... that's almost as fatal as trying to come between a nattu crowd of Shahrukhies and their 'object of desire' !!! :peep:
    BIG MISTAKE !!! :lol:

20. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

thx alot wafa gai evy tina veronica and all others whove helped:thumb:

just one thing...plz dont take stress...take it easy:)