1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

ShahRukh Khan's Birthday

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by Wafa, Sep 16, 2006.

?

voting for SRK´s birthday gift

Poll closed Sep 24, 2006.
  1. comic/pop art collage

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  2. book with members own poem,greetings,drawing,...

21 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. moviescenes with speech bubbles

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. T-Shirt with self created drawing, collages, planetlogo

17 vote(s)
    28.3%
  5. jigsaw puzzle with pic/collage

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  6. flower bouqet with note cards, messages, pics

4 vote(s)
    6.7%
  7. Video games

13 vote(s)
    21.7%
  1. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

Alright Shahrukhies... Instead of answering all 50 PMs, I made this topic.

What do you want to do for the Babe's Birthday? what kind of plans or ideas do you have in mind?

2. Masala Maami

Masala Maami New Member

Re: Shah Rukh Khan's Birthday

Yeah we must do something original, think out of the box. For now, I'll go with the huge bouquet and card and cake thing, until I can come up with more ideas.

3. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

yup folks has to be something original and unique...wara hatke:thumb:

4. Chicken

Chicken ♥ ♥

Cool, I've been waiting for this topic to pop up... :D

Our Jaanu's Birthday is always one of the most important and special occasions in the year.

Hmmm, I've been thinking for quite some time now about a special and unique gift for Shah Rukh Jaan :confused2:... and I have to admit it's not all that easy :rolleyes: ... especially, since we want it to be a 'one-of-a-kind' present and not something which he received already a 'gazillion' times before.

So, we've all got to put our thinking caps on :tinfoil3: ... and do some serious brainstorming... :p

I've already talked with some members before about maybe gifting Shah Rukh something ART related... since he and Gauri as well are much interested in ART.
    Our Sweetoo is such an intelligent, well-read and educated man... that we should try and come up with something which might also appeal to his brainpower... ;)
    Something creative, thoughtful, and also humorous... cause we all know that our Jaanu enjoys to have good laugh. :pound: :pound: :pound:

How about something comic related... he does fancy all these Superheros like Batman, Superman, Captain America, Flash... we could try to combine his passion for Superheros and his interest for ART.

Like a collage of his favourite Comic Heros... something in POP ART (e.g. Andy Warhol) style...

I talked with a friend of mine who knows a few art-students... asking whether she could come up with some interesting ideas.
    She also has a friend who collects original sketches from Disney.

And she said that sketches from Comic Heros should be available as well... it's something unique, a collectors item... and it also might increase in value as time passes.
    Of course, I know it's also always a matter of the costs, but my friend told me that some of these sketches don't neccessarily have to be all that expensieve.

Well, it's just an idea... and I'll have to check again with my friend once she returned from her workshop.

5. Pyaar84

Pyaar84 SRK-addicted

AW: Re: ShahRukh Khan's Birthday

6. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

...hm... I will think about... :tinfoil3:

7. Alana

Alana New Member

Interessting topic, especially because I saw exact the same Thread in an other forum, and there it's some time now. I hope noone comes up with this spy idea which I read from time to time.

Ah and when I find an idea I'll share it with you! In the moment I'm thinking of some kind of book.

8. Anoush

Anoush SRK's Lovely Sister

what about buy or do something srk love it , something he intrest of it ?

i don't know exactly what is that but i will think about something and tell you

9. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

wow great topic... the comic idea is interesting, but yes something different and creative... hmm....its kinda a hard to think about i mean all of us want to be part of it, but how? hmm... we already did the wishing in all different languages right? what else....hmm i need to think too

10. Evy

Evy Well-Known Member

11. Alana

Alana New Member

nice that you noticed our thread here too. You can be sure that this thread was not made because of maybe others made it too. SRK has every year birthday and as a SRK-related forum its normal to open such a topic. And you can ask other members and Mods that they started to talk about gift ideas weeks !!! before, but not in the public. But we want that all members take part and bring up their own ideas too.

And nice that you will share your idea with us!! and not with the others. So start with thinking and find new ideas which you couldn´t read on other places. This will help a lot. Btw the book idea isn´t a new one.

Nice that you reminds me at the fact that he has birthday every year. What would I do when you were not here? This all sounds like it's an act of state, very important and top secret.

And who tells you that I don't share my ideas somewhere else? Or that I don't make something alone? And of course a book isn't a new idea, books are never a new idea. But he loves books and collects them and so it could be some kind of special book. A present should be something you can use.

12. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

michaela cut the crap!
    Evy was only trying to nicely and politely explain to you and others why we just opened this topic now, after you hinted and implied that we copied others. there is no need for you to be sarcastic about it.

I never wanted to open this topic in the first place, but I keep getting pm and emails from members when and if we are planning anything, and each is giving me a different idea. instead of replying to each pm and email, which will take me long time to do so, I decided to open the topic and have the members decide if they want to do anything special.
    now instead of being the odd ball be a team member and join others if you have ideas and IF YOU WISH to do anything special for SRK's bday.

13. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

one more thing... there is nothing "top secret" about what we're doing. this has been a tradition for years and even if this sounds snotty (and I don't care) I was the one who started this tradition in my previous forum before any other srk forums, all the others just copied me.

14. Alana

Alana New Member

My dear Wafa, I hinted nothing and there is no need to defence something, the thread or yourself. I just wrote down a fact.

And when you see that I wrote in a sarcastic way that should see that this 'top secret" is a part from it. And for me it doesn't matter who started the "tradition" first.

15. Masala Maami

Masala Maami New Member

:focus:
    Are we getting any suggestions? :D

16. Lachchi

Lachchi Well-Known Member

I think about it.....:rolleyes:

17. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

mhmm I had an Idea.. but I think to accomplish the aim is too difficult and it could be too late till his birthday...

:noidea:

I will think about something new...! :rolleyes:

18. Evy

Evy Well-Known Member

the comic idea isn´t bad.:)

The problem is that only some members can work on it. We should find other ideas on which more members can take part.

Even the costs could be a problem too.;)

19. layla-val

layla-val Active Member

It needs to be something original, and special, and something that each member who wants to, can contribute in some way or other. I guess a book with poetry, art, stories personal or fictitious may be a good idea, or photographs perhaps. Everyone will have their own personal talent that they wish to contribute if they want to participate. Maybe even jokes or funny annecdotes, as Gai says, he has a great sense of humour and fun, and even cartoons, so that would just about cover anything and everything :D

Whatever is decided in the end, I am sure will be greatly appreciated, especially if is personal, and also very unique :)

I look forward to what idea we go with in the end :thumb:

20. Adaneth

Adaneth New Member

Hey this Book Idear is good. Members can write a Site about they want and send it to one person who make a book with this Sites. (Buch binden) So can all Members who wants be a part of the present. I think