Shahrukh Khan will act and produce a film directed by Vishal Bhardwaj

Discussion in '2 States (Two States)' started by salut_sara, Oct 8, 2010.

1. mumbiene Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Name:
    Marlies
    AW: Shahrukh Khan will act and produce a film directed by Vishal Bhardwaj

Khan VS Khan
    By: Upala KBR Date: 2010-12-16 Place: Mumbai

Mid Day

Salman Khan's best friend Sajid Nadiadwala signs Shah Rukh Khan for his next film to be directed by Vishal Bhardwaj

Producer Sajid Nadiadwala is to Salman Khan, what Karan Johar is to Shah Rukh Khan. They are like family. Salman and Sajid are like brothers. When the SRK-Salman battlelines were drawn, everyone picked sides.

It was clear if you were a friend to one camp, you were not welcome on the other side. But now Nadiadwala has signed SRK for his adaptation of Chetan Bhagat's Two States.

And everyone is waiting and watching if this will affect their dosti.

The film was earlier to star Saif and Priyanka and was to be directed by Siddharth Anand. Now it will star King Khan and a new girl, and will be directed by Vishal Bhardwaj.

Confirms an insider, "Sajid is producing Vishal Bhardwaj's film starring SRK. It's an adaptation of Chetan Bhagat's Two States, and Sajid has bought the rights to the novel.

When the directors changed, Vishal approached Shah Rukh for a narration. SRK loved the script."

Around a week ago Sajid and SRK met and discussed the project. The source continues, "Shah Rukh spoke to Sajid from Berlin and they met after he returned.

The shooting will commence from mid next year."

In an industry where cliques are very clear, it is natural for Sajid's friends Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar to be upset with his decision to produce a film starring rival Shah Rukh.

Meanwhile it is learnt that Nadiadwala's film Kick starring Salman has now been postponed, as the film starring the Ra.One star goes on the floors first.

Shah Rukh Khan, Vishal Bhardwaj and Sajid Nadiadwala remained unavailable for comment.

About The Film
    Two States is an intense love story between a young couple from two different states and is based in cities like Delhi and Mumbai. It will have Shah Rukh playing Krish (a young Punjabi guy from Delhi) while Ananya will be played by a newcomer as the girl is a South Indian one. Red Chillies, Sajid and Vishal are co-producing the film

About the book
    2 States The Story Of My Marriage is about inter-community marriages in modern India. It's the story of Krish and Ananya who are from two different states of India, fall deeply in love and want to get married. Their conservative parents don't agree, so to convert their love story into a love marriage, the couple stages a tough battle in front of them. The fictional is said to be inspired from the real story of Chetan Bhagat and his wife Anusha who are from Delhi and Tamil Nadu respectively.

Om Shanti Om
    When Sajid Nadiadwala's Heyy Babyy released, the first song promo was with Shah Rukh Khan dancing to Mast Kalander, there were reports that SRK was miffed with Sajid. Another rumour was that Shah Rukh was upset over the fact that the promos of Om Shanti Om were not showcased during the trials of Sajid's Heyy Babyy. But SRK, on reading the reports, had promptly sent a text message to Sajid stating that he wasn't angry at all about anything.

Farah Factor
    Sajid Nadiadwala is known to be the moohboli brother of Farah Khan. He had organised her wedding to Shirish Kunder. Shah Rukh and Farah Khan had a fallout last year when FK claimed that the actor, who was to produce husband Shirish's film, delayed it. Farah subsequently produced and directed Tees Maar Khan herself with Akshay Kumar and was cold-shouldered by Shah Rukh's inner coterie of friends. Farah and Sajid shared a history when Jaan-E-Mann (directed by Shirish Kunder and produced by Sajid) released. Shirish and Farah had alleged that the film fared badly at the BO because Sajid hadn't promoted it well.

http://www.mid-day.com/entertainmen...h-Rukh-Khan-Sajid-Nadiadwala-Khan-VS-Khan.htm
  2. shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    ignoring the war story :rolleyes: i hope the film will happen! would love for it to be true, it will be awesome to see SRK working with other directors :D
  3. Inzaghi Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Re: Shahrukh, Vishal Bhardwaj, and Sajid Nadiadwala comes together

i hope its true
  4. mumbiene Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Name:
    Marlies
    AW: Shahrukh, Vishal Bhardwaj, and Sajid Nadiadwala comes together

Shahrukh Khan in ‘Two States’ adaptation
    Written by Nikita Kapoor
    Thursday, 16 December 2010 19:59

After attracting lime light from the 3 Idiots controversy, Chetan Bhagat has bitten by the movie bug, and has taken up novel writing as his full time profession. Though 3 Idiots had hardly anything in common or inspired from Chetan’s 5 point someone, still the hoopla created around was a producer’s nightmare and a marketer’s (read Chetan’s) delight. Well anyway the news is that one more producer is trying his luck with another adaptation of Chetan Bhagat’s novel “Two States”.

Shahrukh Khan and Chetan Bhagat

Sajid Nadiadwala who has bought the rights for this upcoming untitled project will have Vishal Bhardwaj helming the affairs. But the biggest news is that protagonist in the movie will be none other than Shahrukh Khan. As per reports Sajid and Vishal approached Shahrukh with the script and Shahrukh who has already expressed interest to work with Vishal many a times quite liked the script.

Earlier we reported that Sajid was planning the film with Saif Ali Khan and Priyanka Chopra which would have been directed by Siddharth Anand, but after Priyanka Chopra starrer Anjaana Anjaani went for a toss at box office Sajid completely changed his mind.

As per Chetan Bhagat, “Two States” is his own story; the main protagonist is a Punjabi boy who falls in love with a Tamil girl while pursuing their MBA at IIM Ahmedabad, as the two belong to extreme cultures (North – South) of India, what follows is tension and drama with happily married ending.

We tried taking confirmation about the story from Shahrukh before publishing the news, though the star as well as his manager remained unavailable for a comment.

http://www.filmitadka.in/20101216529/gossip/shahrukh-khan-in-two-states-adaptation.html
  5. Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Name:
    Katja
    Many articles and lot of blah blah, but as far as I can see, NO confirmation from anyone...
  6. Number8 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Finally we know the next movie of SRK after Ra.One and Don 2!!! I believe Bollywood Hungama, they are not crap like MM!!
  7. jg2k The.One

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
  8. shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    @Simo i agree. i believe any sites that are not MM or TOI :D
  9. Wafa I want my Mom!!!

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    this makes me wonder what happened with plans to make a Chopra movie :confused:
    if this is true, I'm glad its not a remake of any hollywood flick. and from the sound of it, it seems romantic/love story; a plus on my book :p
    another plus, its not with Priyanka. nothing against her but I will be tired of seeing her with SRK after Don2. I'm ready for Rani again :D
  10. sonataca SRK's Mommy

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Name:
    Rumana
    Yeah Wafa, it is a love story, in fact it's quite a fun story, I read the prologue of the book. But I would like to know who will be the actress because she will be an important part too!
  11. danshula Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Name:
    A
    I would like to know tooo! They are casting New Girl - according to the article Darina posted in previous page. Lets see what happens! ;)
  12. danshula Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Name:
    A
    RT @Faridoon_S
    SRK says he's been talkin to chetan bhagat,sajid n on two states film.but everything is not finalised yet.vishal is the director.
    [ http://twitter.com/Faridoon_S/status/15667243836768256 ]

Tweeted by Faridoon when he was at Press Conference of "Zor Ka Jhatka Total Wipeout" ;)
  13. Basma Active Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    I could swear I posted an article about srk confirming his movie with bharadwaj :confused: is it deleted?
  14. shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    it might have been merged with this thread unless it was a double post :thumb:

at least we know they are discussing it, i hope its going to be finalised
    simply becos i want to see him in more films
  15. JUG Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    i am dead sure that this project will materialize..i so hope it does
    i am tired of kjo and farah khan brand of movies.