1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Shahrukh Khan to endorse men`s fairness cream

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by srk_no1_fan, Jun 17, 2007.

1. junibrown

junibrown New Member

Chicken, I was using youtube as a platform. I have contacted two media outlets in India already, but have yet to receive a response (I'll keep trying). I have contacted the Emami company as well (just to tell them what I think of their product).

Wafa and Amanee please visit the company's website and then tell me if you still think the ad is not conveying the message that fair is more handsome (Please read the 'Why There Is Need For Fair Skin?' chart).

http://www.fairandhandsome.net/

Shahrukh did look pale and UNNATURAL, not like himself at all. It did not look good because it did not look natural. The ad is all about color distinction. I'm focusing on what the ad is about (with the men only angle/gimmick). It seems everyone else is ignoring that fact. It is so weird. Are you guys in denial or what?

2. zahra

zahra khanaddicted

Re : Shahrukh Khan to endorse men`s fairness cream

It is a very difficult topic.I went on the fair & handsome website and the first thing I read was "Get blemish fair skin,be fair,behandsome".Well,it's still the same thing.
    SRK is not the one I don't agree with.This company want to make profits(which one wouldn't like to?)but skin colour is not something to change.
    I mean,why blemish skin is supposed to make you look handsome?They don't even say "be fairer to be more hansome" but they say "be fair,be handsome".OMG,what is the goal of this ad?
    Does it mean that someone with very dark skin can't be handsome?
    On fair and Handsome website,there is a section where you can ask questions.I asked them why SRK accept to endorse this fairness cream for men.
    Here is the direct links: http://www.fairandhandsome.net/askexpert.jsp
    and http://www.fairandhandsome.net/contactus.jsp
    Maybe they won't ask SRK to answer this question but I wrote to them.
    Who knows,maybe he will heard about it.
    I don't agree with this concept to be fair to be handsome.And I would be very happy to know why SRK did this?It won't change my love for him but I just would like to know his answer.
    He is the only one who could help us to understand this.

3. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Well, yes, the ad was saying what all ads say (especially the ads of every single cosmetic product), that is, use our product and you will get the guy/gal. It is absolutely no different from any other ad in that sense. The only difference is the product. This is fairness cream another is lipstick, deodorant, shampoo whatever... Generally I don't agree with the message that you become more attractive by using certain product, but that is how all ads work (not just cosmetic ads). And you know what, that's why I never watch ads on TV, I ignore them on magazines (I even ingore tha magazines that have more ads than substance).

But back to this particular ad, and Shahrukh's role as endorsing this product. Kali, you said Shahrukh is unattractive in this ad? Of course, you are free to find him unattractive, if that's your opinion of him. But if you say that he is only unattractive in this ad and that's because of the colour of his skin, then I have problem with that. In fact, i have two problems with that. First of all, are you saying that light skin is in itself unattractive? Because that's what it sounds like... Another problem I have, is that you say SHAHRUKH is unattractive with lighter skin. WHAT? Shahrukh is very VERY attractive person and his attractiveness goes beyond his colour, even beyond his looks. It's his personality, his inner beauty, his charsima and yes, his looks that makes him attractive. It's the combination of all, and even his looks, it's more than his colour, it's his face, his eyes, his hair, his body..... If you say he becomes unattractive the moment you make his skin look lighter, that is reduscing him to only his skin colour. Suddenly he is nothing more than "a brown person". To me this is no longer speaking against racism, it's in fact saying that one skin colour is better than another. I'm sorry, but that's how I see it, I don't mean to offend anyone.

4. junibrown

junibrown New Member

Pompula,

I am only saying he looks unattractive in the ad because he doesn't look himself, he does not look NATURAL! He looks as if he has been painted pale and heavily made up! When he looks himself he looks attractive! You only have to look at recent photos of him to see he looks better in those pictures than he does in this ad. The painted pale look he is sporting does not look natural because we all know how he really looks and we were more than satisfied with that 'natural' look. Well, at least I was satisfied.

People can change and look however they want. I accept that. If Shahrukh wants to look painted pale (whether it be digital retouching, lighting, make-up, etc.) in his ads and movies so be it! He just does not look as good to me as he does when he looks more natural.

You make the same point I do when it comes to this color business. I have said in previous posts how skin color is not the only thing that makes some one attractive. That is why I do not understand products that would encourage people to CHANGE skin color.

5. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

kali you are too hung up on color and skin. I cannot make it any clearer than what I said above, we each have our opinion and I still stand by what I said: its srk's business we are fans not his consultants. he has not done anything wrong, look at the ad, nothing claiming that lighter skin is better. I can't say anymore or else we will keep going on forever.

6. zahra

zahra khanaddicted

The point is not to say that fair skin is less attractive!Yes,maybe some of us (just like me maybe) are taking this subject too seriously.
    I think that the motto of this cream("be fair,be handsome") is more the problem here instead of targetting SRK or the cream itself.
    Why not something like "be fairer,be different".Or something else,but not saying that fair skin is handsome.Because it means that dark skin is not hansome.Fairness products existed for centries.In the past,it was only natural products who made your skin fairer.But back to topic,it is the motto who is very disturbing.
    "be fair,be hadsome and have the girl you want".OMG,where are we going.The motto is what should be changed.

7. dilos

dilos Well-Known Member

Though I am one of the first one in the forum to oppose this endorsment .I think its gone too far now..
    I still think he shouldnt be a part of this ad but when I watch the ad ,I can say the ad is not like I was afraid it turned out to be ..its like a video clip from his films and I agree with claudias comment..he stayed at the handsome side..

8. dilos

dilos Well-Known Member

however I support Kallies efford to stand against the ad and the product but changing the prejudies of society is not so easy..

9. big_fan_srk

big_fan_srk New Member

Fairness is undoubtedly a controversial topic. But hey guys, Shahrukh is after all endorsing this Fair and Handsome brand. So I think it’ll definitely create a big impact on the product. Also think that Shahrukh is not so fool, he knows his image, his demand. He’ll never agree to take a risk when he is already staying at the peak of his career.

I’ve visited the site Fair and Handsome where you can also see other media news related to Shahrukh Khan and Fair and Handsome cream. Visit http://www.fairandhandsome.net/news.jsp

10. zahra

zahra khanaddicted

11. Rajshri

Rajshri Well-Known Member

LUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX :faint:

12. zahra

zahra khanaddicted

They also told that SRK hesitated a lot before endorsing this product because he thought that some of his fans would be upset (once again,he was right!).But they don't say why he hesitated.
    Well,I got too emotional because of this ad maybe,but now it becomes clearer and clearer.SRK knew what he did.And he is not the one to blame.
    As I am curious,I would like to know why he first hesitated and then agreed to do it.He seems to have thought a lot before doing it.So,I just would like to know what was the reason why he decided to do it?
    Does anyone know if SRK told about these reasons?

13. zahra

zahra khanaddicted

Re : Re: Shahrukh Khan to endorse men`s fairness cream

:pound: We all think the same thing by watching SRK's ads!:p

14. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Re: Re : Shahrukh Khan to endorse men`s fairness cream

Thanks Praveen!:)

I'm glad they pointed that out...it shows how much Shah Rukh truly cares about his fans.:heart: He's the only one like that and its really sweet.:kiss:

15. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

an article was published discussing same topic here, by HT again :p (they should hire us for giving them something to talk about). I am posting an excerpt that talks about srk only. it took them 8 months to convince him to do the ad, if he was after the money he would have done it instantly. he didn't even want to use it coz he DIDN'T WANT to be fair. that should say a lot about him.

[​IMG]
    click on image for larger view

16. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

Thank you, Wafa! :)

17. MarjorieGK

MarjorieGK Ullu-Club-Member

Thank you so much Wafa! :hug:
    I was sure he must've had his reasons to do it. And I never believed he did it "out of greed"!

18. zahra

zahra khanaddicted

Re : Re: Shahrukh Khan to endorse men`s fairness cream

Thank you Didi for posting it.:hug:Yhis is a part of what I was looking for since this discussion has started.:thumb:
    Is it possiblr to post the full article.There are some lines missing and I would like to read them,please:pray:.

19. semaay

semaay Senior Member

thank you so much, Wafa :thumb:!

20. big_fan_srk

big_fan_srk New Member

Shahrukh and Fairness cream is undoubtedly an arguable topic. But do you know that BBC News has published a report on Shahrukh Khan and fairness cream? There is very interesting and good news for all Shahrukh lovers!! Yes, they clearly mentioned that Shahrukh is Bollywood’s Tom Cruise! It’s a great compliment!! Shahrukh you only can deserve it.:thumb: Here you’ll get the news http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7010885.stm