1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Shahrukh Khan to be given honorary doctorate

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by mumbiene, Jun 24, 2009.

1. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Shahrukh Khan to be given honorary doctorate

June 24, 2009

Award winning Bollywood badshah Shahrukh Khan is to be given an honorary doctorate in arts and culture from the University of Bedfordshire in London next month.

Shahrukh, who has a huge fan base across the globe, is also a film producer and television host and will receive his award at the Hotel Courthouse, London on 10 July from Vice Chancellor Les bdon, CBE.

He was nominated by Routes 2 Roots, a non-governmental organisation which endeavours to bring together people, cultures and values from across southern Asia, in particular India and Pakistan.

University of Bedfordshire Deputy Vice Chancellor (External Relations) Ashraf Jawaid, said: "We are absolutely delighted to confer this honorary doctorate on Shahrukh Khan. He has made an outstanding contribution to the arts, culture and media which is recognised around the world."

Shahrukh started his career in the late 1980s appearing in several television serials. He made his film debut with the commercially successful Deewana in 1992 and since then has gone on to play a variety of critically acclaimed roles.

He has won seven Filmfare Best Actor Awards and appeared in films including Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge (1995), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Chak De India (2007), Om Shanti Om (2007) and Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (2008) which remain some of Bollywood’s biggest hits.

Films including Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001), Veer Zaara (2004) and Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (2006) have been hits overseas making Shah Rukh one of the most successful actors of Hindi cinema. Since 2000 Shah Rukh has branched out into film production and television presenting.

He is married with two children. In April 2007 a life-size wax statue of him was unveiled at Madame Tussauds in London. During the same year, he was accorded the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres (Order of the Arts and Literature) award by the French government for his "exceptional career".

http://www.theasiannews.co.uk/enter..._shahrukh_khan_to_be_given_honorary_doctorate

2. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Great!!! :thumb:

3. srkworld

srkworld New Member

YAAYY MEEE!!! take that srk haters

4. shahizsenxua

shahizsenxua New Member

Wow that's great news!!!A huge honour and well deserved at that! :kiss: Tfs Marlies :) Not only that, a year later in April 2008 his wax statue was also unveiled at Grevin Museum in Paris.Way to go Sharuuuuuuu :love:

5. Ladyinred

Ladyinred Well-Known Member

It's great to read these news! Thank you so much, Marlies. :)

6. Rajshri

Rajshri Well-Known Member

WOW! That's great!!!! :kiss: :hug:

7. maira

maira SRK-fanatic

yayyy~!!..:dheer2::cheer2:..that is such a greattt news...:rockon:..goooooooooooooooo ShahRukh....:hug::hug:..

that means also he's definitely coming to London soon too..:D..i sure hope there;s tickets for this event...:pray2:..i lovee hearing his intellectual speechs...:thumb:...though i doubt they'd give tickets to 'randomers'...:(...

8. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

now its Dr. Shah Rukh Khan.... :D:D:D

9. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

ye exactly! :faint:

10. Suhana2000

Suhana2000 Yvonne-SRKfan

:Dhihi that is so true. I am so happy for him:bounce:

11. KRK

KRK कति Member

...and I really need a Dr.! NOW! :D

12. Anjali72

Anjali72 Thanx Shah Rukh!!!

Wow... what a great honour for Shah Rukh...He absolutely deserves this!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb: Thank you for telling us the news Marlies Dear:hug:!

Same here Maira Dear!:cheer2::hug:

Hope to hear more about it soon and maybe we can see him and hear his intellectual speech when he visits London!!!:love::love::love:

13. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

AW: Shahrukh Khan to be given honorary doctorate

Wahhh OMG what for news :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: thats absolutely fantastic. :whoo::whoo: DR. Shah Rukh Khan thats sound so wonderful. :D I'm so proud of him. How i wish his parents could see this.:( they would so proud of thier son.

14. starstuff

starstuff Well-Known Member

I am so proud of Shah Rukh and so tremendously happy that his positive contribution to this world is being recognised in this manner. Just a few nights ago I re-watched MHN and those final scenes where the Pakistani and Indian prisoners are released never fail to bring a tear to my eyes. I remember the outrage I felt earlier this year when Koel asked him at the India Today conclave why SR hadn't done more films with a positive message and immediately MHN, CDI and VZ came to mind, as well as Swades, Dil Se and Asoka. The films SR chooses may not have the message written all over them in black and white but if you read beneath the subtext it is very obvious that goodness, compassion, respectful dialogue and peace are a fundamental feature of his choice of scripts. As for his personal character the footage from the last few days of his interaction with his adoring fans testifies to his patience, his kindness, his generosity and his love. I cannot think of a more worthy recipient of this doctorate and it is a fitting tribute to a man who never rests on his laurels but continues to push his boundaries in all his endeavours and daily enriches us with his presence on this earth. :hail:

Congratulations Shah Rukh. :clap2:

15. Lia

Lia Well-Known Member

After Datuk, now Dr. Great..... :thumb:

16. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

hehehe dr. shahrukh khan

17. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

arre wah!! :D:D
    Dr. Datuk King, ShahRukh Khan! :D:D::D:D:D:D:D:

18. Ella

Ella Haan farishtey hote hain ♥

AW: Shahrukh Khan to be given honorary doctorate

:dance: Dr. Shah Rukh Khan :dance:

:love: wow, thats sounds so phantastic :faint:

:cheer2: congratulation Dr. Khan :cheer2:

19. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
    congratulations to Shah Rukh! he so deserves this honour, i am so happy for him :D :clap2:
    he's going to be in London!!! :faint:

20. Pyaar84

Pyaar84 SRK-addicted

I never thought, that a doctor can be that sexy! :flame: :love:

Congratulation dear Dr. Shah Rukh Khan :thumb: