Shahrukh Khan back to television with ‘Got Talent’ special?

Discussion in 'TV Game and Reality Shows' started by mumbiene, Jul 31, 2014.

1. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Shahrukh Khan back to television with ‘Got Talent’ special?
    By Indo-Asian News Service @indiacom | July 31, 2014 2:43 PM

[​IMG]Superstar Shahrukh Khan is coming back to his roots – the small screen, soon, reveal sources. The Bollywood ‘Badshah’ is said to have been roped in to host a grand live show based on the hugely popular international series “Got Talent”, for a leading Hindi general entertainment channel in December. A formal announcement of the show will be made at a press conference here Friday, but the source aware of the grand plans told IANS that the show will be one live event to be telecast on the channel.

The source said that if things go as planned, international TV personality Simon Cowell, creator of “Got Talent” and “The X Factor”, may also visit Mumbai for the show, likely to be a first-of-its-kind twist on “Got Talent”. The live event will be held at the Andheri Sports Complex here in December. Meanwhile, the Indian television already has “India’s Got Talent”, the desi spin-off of Cowell’s show.

Shah Rukh, one of Bollywood’s most iconic stars, is not new to the TV medium. The 48-year-old started his tryst with showbiz via television with shows like “Fauji” and “Circus”, and it was from there that he landed a role in his debut film “Deewana” 22 years ago.

He returned to the medium to host the third season of the hugely popular game show “Kaun Banega Crorepati” and later he anchored “Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain?” and “Zor Ka Jhatka”.On the Bollywood front, Shah Rukh will be seen in Farah Khan’s multi-starrer “Happy New Year”, which happens to be tinsel town’s big ticket Diwali release this year.
    http://www.india.com/showbiz/shahrukh-khan-back-to-television-with-got-talent-special-107079/

Dear guest,

PlanetSRK is one of the largest ShahRukh Khan communities in the world.
    Please support us by registering for free!
    Just click the signup button at the top!

Thanks,

PlanetSRK Staff

3. Amber.K

Amber.K Well-Known Member

He too sexy for a game show i think...:)

4. SharlaJ

SharlaJ Well-Known Member

SRK returns to TV, joins hands with Colors
    31 Jul 2014 06:26 PM | TellychakkarTeam

[​IMG]

Superstar Shah Rukh Khan has joined hands with Hindi general entertainment channel Colors for his return to the small screen. He will reportedly host a grand live show based on the hugely popular international series Got Talent.

The two entertainment giants promise something "spectacular" with the special announcement to be made at a press conference here Friday.

A source aware of the grand plans told that the show will be one live event to be telecast on the channel in December.

As reported earlier, the source said that if things go as planned, international TV personality Simon Cowell, creator of Got Talent and The X Factor, may also visit Mumbai for the show, likely to be a first-of-its-kind twist on Got Talent. The live event will be held at the Andheri Sports Complex here in December.

Meanwhile, Indian television already has India's Got Talent, the desi spin-off of Cowell's show.

http://www.tellychakkar.com/tv/tv-news/srk-returns-tv-joins-hands-colors-140731

Krisi_love_SRK, Mara and Vegainko thank this.
  5. Krisi_love_SRK

Krisi_love_SRK Well-Known Member

Now that is very good news much more when I heard he will host Big Boss 8 :lol: Thankfully that about Big Boss wasnt true,but I hope that about India Got Talent will be :rockon:

6. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

wow i'd actually really like this to be true!

Krisi_love_SRK says thanks.
  7. mumbiene

8. mumbiene

Shah Rukh Khan to host a show on TV
    By Bollywood Hungama News Network, Aug 1, 2014 - 12:37 hrs IST
    [​IMG]
    While speculations were rife about Shah Rukh Khan hosting Big Boss, the actor, however, has decided to host something different this time. Shah Rukh Khan who made his TV debut as a host with 'Kaun Banega Crorepati' has now decided to resume the role with a new extravaganza that will see the Indian and international winners of 'Got Talent' coming together.

This show called 'Got Talent Worldstage' is a live audience show that will see the 'India's Got Talent' winners and the international winners of the other 'Got Talent' series perform on a huge global platform. Also, it will also have many Bollywood celebrities performing like Priyanka Chopra, Jacqueline Fernandez and Varun Dhawan among others. India's Got Talent judges Kirron Kher, Karan Johar and Malaika Arora Khan too are said to be a part of this show.

We hear that Got Talent program creator Simon Cowell too will be a part of this event that will happen in Mumbai during December. It is being said that considering these two powerhouse celebrities are coming together for the show, it will be a ticketed event that will even be telecasted on the channel Colors, which recently aired the new season of India's Got Talent.

Initially, it was being said that this hosting stint is a part of Shah Rukh Khan's promotional activities since he will also be doing Slam! The Tour with his Happy New Year co-stars. However, denying any such association, producer Mohamed Morani revealed that Shah Rukh Khan hosting the show is completely different from his other activities where he will be promoting the Farah Khan directorial and that is the reason why other Bollywood celebrities (who are not a part of Happy New Year) are participating in this extravaganza.

In fact, as a part of future prospects, Morani also claimed that they wish to continue the show by travelling across different cities in India and has even expressed his desire to make Shah Rukh Khan host all of these events if his dates are available for the same.
    http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/2592438/Shah-Rukh-Khan-to-host-a-show-on-TV

Krisi_love_SRK, Mara and Dea thank this.
  9. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

i love him as a host, he's so good at it! and it's been so long since he's done it. can't wait for this!

Krisi_love_SRK, Mara and Rishima62 thank this.
  10. Krisi_love_SRK

my wish came true..Again he will hosting .Amazing...So love when he host KBC 3 and KAPPS with kids and when he host awards events....and wanted him to host show again ( but not kinda show like Big Boss thankfully :lol: ) and that is happend :cheer2::cheer2: This show is great and they need someone like him-smart,intelegent ,witty, good looking and charming ,very famous...after all he is King of Bollywood :clap2::clap2:

Mara says thanks.
  11. mumbiene

Fri 1st August 2014
    Latest

Home » Breaking News Bar
    Colors announces ‘Got Talent World 2014′
    by Raj Baddhan
    1st August 2014 18:50
    [​IMG]@RajBaddhan [​IMG]raj@bizasialive.com
    In a huge tie-up between Colors and RFS Entertainment, the broadcaster will film and televise ‘Got Talent World Stage Live 2014′ in December.

To be hosted by Bollywood’s undisputed king Shah Rukh Khan, the event will feature performances by 10 Indian and International talents each, who have enthralled the world with their superlative acts. Among the faces who will visit India with the aim to engage and wow audiences will be popular illusionist Darcy Oake who has won top honours and awards for his ability to showcase the unexpected. Got Talent World Stage LIVE, a ticketed event, with tickets going on sale next week. The event will be telecast on Colors and be held at Mumbai’s Andheri Sports Complex on 6th December 2014.

Got Talent World Stage LIVE, executed by Cineyug, is a first-of-its-kind on-ground extension of COLORS’ marquee talent show, India’s Got Talent . The Got Talent format was created and is owned by Simon Cowell’s Syco Entertainment and is co-produced by FremantleMedia India. The 10 international artists who will be a part of the event will include talented individuals / groups who have created a mark for themselves through various syndicates of the show across countries like Britain, Australia, Spain, China and Italy among others. These supreme acts will be complimented perfectly by 10 of the best artists from India’s Got Talent who will come together to create a high-octane evening, comprising of unparalleled acts further building a LIVE wire experience for the viewers. In addition to illusionist Darcy Oake, the event will feature contortionists, acrobats, dancers, stunt artists and many such exciting talents who will take the audience by storm.

Commenting on COLORS’ association with the event, Raj Nayak, CEO – COLORS said, “We have been associated with the Got Talent franchise for over 6 years now which has not only witnessed the successful India’s Got Talent series but also a corporate extension in the form of CEO’s Got Talent. As a broadcaster, the property holds immense potential for us because the discerning Indian audience harbours great appreciation for outstanding talent. We are looking forward to the on-ground extension of the property especially because it gives us the opportunity to raise the entertainment quotient through the exhibition of exceptional local and international talent.”

Speaking about his association with the property, host Shah Rukh Khan said, “Performing arts is a pure act of passion and love. I am glad to associate with ‘Got Talent World Stage’ as a host. I am sure that we will get to witness some extraordinary talent.”

Simon Cowell said “I’m delighted to have Shah Rukh Khan, Raj Nayak, Rav Singh and the RFS team on board to announce the first Got Talent World Stage LIVE in Mumbai. The Got Talent format has uncovered some incredible stars around the world and this is a great celebration of Indian and international artists”

Adding to this, Rav Singh from RFS Entertainment said, “Got Talent World Stage LIVE marks the first time where an internationally renowned television series format will be adapted for a LIVE audience. The promising new talent across genres proving their mettle on every available platform, makes India the perfect backdrop for a showcase of this magnitude. The caliber of national and international talent who will join hands to make Got Talent World Stage LIVE a larger-than-life property will be a delight for Indian audiences who could be watching the show either LIVE or in the comfort of their homes on their television sets.”
    http://www.media247.co.uk/bizasia/colors-announces-got-talent-world-2014

Mara, Krisi_love_SRK and Vegainko thank this.
  12. mumbiene

SRK to host 'Got Talent World Stage Live'
    IANS | Mumbai
    August 1, 2014
    Last Updated at 23:56 IST
    Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan, who is all set to host "Got Talent World Stage Live", says talent has no competition and a host is as good as the show's content.

"Performing art is a pure act of passion and love. I am glad to associate with 'Got Talent World Stage' as a host. I feel talent has no competition. I feel a host is as good as the show content is and this show is bigger than the host," Shah Rukh told reporters during the announcement of the show.

"Got Talent World Stage Live" is first of its kind global on ground extension of the Got talent franchise premiering in India.

The event will feature performances by 10 Indian and international talents each.

The event, to be telecast on Colors, will be held at Mumbai's Andheri Sports Complex on Dec 6.

Got Talent World Stage Live is a ticketed event with tickets going on sale next week via www.bookmyshow.com.
    http://www.business-standard.com/ar...t-talent-world-stage-live-114080200012_1.html

Mara, Vegainko and Krisi_love_SRK thank this.
  13. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Would love this to be broadcast on television world wide. It would bring srk to international audiences in a format they already watch ( we have our own version of Got Talent here in Australia) and with a healthy dose of competition thrown in. Would be too wonderful to see him on prime time. :D

Krisi_love_SRK and tasifa thank this.
  14. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

The US StarWorld streaming Internet TV has an Indian channel called Aapna Colors. I googled it and I think it's the same network. So we should be able to get it here in the US. I hope they do it in "Hinglish" like Zoom does with its Bollywood shows, wandering back and forth between Hindi and English. It would bring in a larger audience than just Hindi. I'm so glad he's doing this for TV and not more sports themes. He really could make it international.

15. mumbiene

Becoming an inspiration is a very fortunate accident, says Shah Rukh Khan
    Saturday, 2 August 2014 - 12:28pm IST | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA Webdesk
    [​IMG]

• [​IMG]
    Being somebody who has always made it large on his own accord, superstar Shah Rukh Khan has now joined hands with Colors TV to promote and host the grand 'Got Talent World Stage Live', an event that will be a witness to some spectacular world-class acts from all around the globe. The event is scheduled on December 6 at the Andheri Sports Complex.

From a slim, ordinary guy from Delhi, Shah Rukh Khan today has become synonymous with success. What started off as an aspiration for him has touched many hearts today, becoming an inspiration for generations to come. Ask him about being the biggest inspiration for many across the world and he smiles back at you, just before giving in a powerful answer.

"I will speak about myself and I wont take this opportunity to speak about others because they might not be having the same opinion. But yes, if I have touched anybody’s life or been an inspiration to anybody, the honest truth is I am not responsible for it alone. I can take the credit for it because I am the packaging and the face of it. But there are people behind who work extremely hard to create someone of an inspiration. Yes, I work hard, I do my stuff and I try my little bit of talent to come out, but there are a lot of directors, producers, writers and creators who actually make it happen. I think one can't solo take the credit for it. All I can say is one gets fortunate enough to create a team of people. So for the last 20-25 years I think I have just had a wonderful team of people who have made me the face of the inspiration. The actual inspiration is mostly backstage. As a matter of fact, my office is called ‘Backstage’. There are so many talented producers and creators who we don’t even know unless we introduce them and that also unfortunately through a Bollywood star. These are the guys who make it. So becoming an inspiration is a very fortunate accident that happens because of the team that you have. So I hope to always have a good team and keep inspiring people", smiled our Badshah.

Success had never come easy to him, he worked hard for it. But the inception had begun way early when he was a kid. "The thoughts of me becoming an actor had begun way back when I was a kid. My first role was that of a Monkey in our Ram Leela. The other people will be like, 'Bolo Siyapati Ram Chandra ki' and the only thing I had to do was say 'Jai'! To many, it might just be one word but that one word helped me shrug away all the stage fright. Facing such a huge audience back then had made me nervous but that one opportunity helped me become more comfortable with it", Shah Rukh said.

At a time when all stars are busy talking about numbers, Shah Rukh believes in a rather different approach. "Today, you have a lot of people to put in their money and make a magnum opus, you can make a big budget film which can be a visual treat. But eventually, no matter whether it is two and a half hour film or a Rs 200 crore film or one hour of a reality show, the magic lies in moments. So if you ask me how much or how expensive the magic of wow is, I would say it is in a second. And more than that, it is completely priceless", SRK signed off in style.
    http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainme...ortunate-accident-says-shah-rukh-khan-2007309

Krisi_love_SRK and Mara thank this.
  16. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

17. tasifa

tasifa which means Blue Eyes in Thai.

I am always ambivalent about Shahrukh' s humbleness. I think it is very endearing and genuine which pleases me to no end, but at the same time I wish he would realize how exceptionnaly talented he is because it saddens me a little bit, that he still feels all that self doubt. I guess it is that doubt that keeps him working harder and harder.

But then again, he wouldn't be Shahrukh Khan if he wasn't the way he is, which is perfect in every way. :heart:

18. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

I'm talking about just normal mainstream tv, not an Indian channel. Don't know about elsewhere, but here where I come from that would be the only way to introduce Him to a broader audience.

Mara says thanks.
  19. Krisi_love_SRK

20. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for the translation. Shah Rukh has such a great sense of humor, but he's been really guarded and on his "best behavior" in the last few years. It's a joy when the old SRK who would say anything to anybody speaks out, however briefly. I miss him.

21. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

The past can not be returned for one simple reason, in today's world too many idiots that any thought is converted into a contradiction.