1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Shah Rukh's show gets the lowest TRPs

Discussion in 'Zor Ka Jhatka' started by mumbiene, Feb 25, 2011.

1. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Shah Rukh's show gets the lowest TRPs

By: Shaheen Parkar Date: 2011-02-25 Place: Mumbai

Viewer ratings for King Khan's new show take steady dip. Has lowest TRPs ever for any show hosted by a B-Town star
    The Shah Rukh Khan hosted Zor Ka Jhatka opened with dismal viewer ratings and has been dipping steadily ever week.

[​IMG]

It has now achieved the distinction of having the lowest TRPs ever for a show hosted by a Bollywood star! Even a Rakhi Sawant anchored show attracts more eyeballs than King Khan's latest outing on the small screen.

And Rakhi has not been mincing any words on her popularity ratings. "My Rakhi Ka Insaaf on the same channel (Imagine) had more viewership than Zor Ka Jhatka."

And in her characteristic candour she declares, "Ek dum Zor Ka Jhatka laga hai!"

ZKJ opened with a 2.6 TVR but could not manage to attract audience in the second week and its average rating dropped to 1.7 to 1.4 TVR.

Rakhi Sawant's Rakhi Ka Swayamvar opened with a rating of 4.12 TVR and maintained an average rating of 3.04 TVR.

Ever since ZKJ went on air on February 1, there has been furore over SRK's decision to host Zor Ka Jhatka. The desi version of the international reality show Total Wipeout has lived up to its name.

King Khan has been under the scanner for taking up the small screen assignment that has turned out to be a damp squib just like its contestants who get dunked in pools of water.

Why SRK took on Zor Ka Jhatka

B-Town buzz is that Shah Rukh Khan was paid Rs 20 crore for the show. Insiders state that he agreed to do the show as it involved a huge sum for a few days of work.

As reported 'Khan gets Chroma-ed' (Hitlist, January 24), King Khan didn't even travel to Argentina with the contestants where the show was shot. His portions were shot in chroma in Yash Raj Studios.

There's also buzz that SRK took on the offer because of Ra. One. He needed big monies for his lavish sci-fi production.

While others state that he felt Zor Ka Jhatka would
    get youngsters hooked as Ra.One is targetting at a younger audience.
    http://www.mid-day.com/entertainmen...han-Zor-Ka-Jhatka-lowest-TRPs-B-Town-star.htm

2. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

It's a Zor Ka Jhatka for me! People's tastes have become so low, I mean, they'd rather watch a trashy person's show than Shah Rukh's show, where is the world heading??? Y-U-C-K!

Anjali72 and HALA*SRK thank this.
  3. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

the trp's for zor ka jhatka did really good for the ndtv channel
    thats good enough

let the media get their kick out of comparing & competing in everything :rolleyes:

Rayhana and Anjali72 thank this.
  4. sid

sid SRK Fanatic

I don't no who but i think after read this article. that some people want that Ra.one did not perform well.Why they link ZKJ with Ra.one.Say bad things about ra.one when it came>but inshallah it not gona happen.Ra.one insha Allah will be Blockbuster hit .

5. jg2k

jg2k The.One

But of course the TRPs should be low! After all SRK didn't go for mom-swapping or b***hing or looking for wives!!! Why would the general gossip-loving people like to watch it? I am thankful though that the media didn't totally write off ZKJ like they did to KAPPSTH!!! But I too believe that he took on this show in order to attract the kids and also make a platform for Ra.One - and if I am not wrong I have read reports suggesting that the kids have loved the show! Well done Shah Rukh... :thumb:

sonataca and mumbiene thank this.
  6. Neeran

Neeran It's only us!

Well honest truth. I don't have time to watch the show on its time here in Middle East so I watched it later every time, but some members of my family is regularly watching it which is so strange conceder they are not into Hindi shows and movies in general. And telling me that this is the best show SRK did in TV as they don't keen in KBC or the other show he did. They love such kind of crazy shows to relax and have a laugh. So it really depends on taste after all.

Anyway…The fact that he tried something new and unfamiliar from his side to host it is a great attempt. Besides he was able to earn a good money for his films which is the main focus and drive for him..."Films and Acting".

Things don't have to rock the world all the time…So it is ok.:)

sonataca, Alenka and mumbiene thank this.
  7. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

agree completely! people dont like game or quiz shows on tv, they prefer the saas-bahu, b***hy, over the top serials/ reality shows :crazy:
    that is the only reason why these kind of shows dont work, becos they dont have that b***hing factor in it :lol:
    but i swear ZKJ tried so hard to include that by adding that extra episode that no one watches :rofl:

8. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

another thing i hate is when some person says "oh but this is exactly like total wipeout"
    now someone tell me what you should reply back to a dumbo that asks this dumb question :rolleyes:

9. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

I don't know how much of this should be taken seriously, because if the channel has risen to number two slot on the time of the show from number four or five (don't remember), then it sounds to me like the show is doing just fine. During three shows SRK did, we have been reading about TRPs, but I still have no clue what does TRP mean and how is it calculated, these numbers sound so random...

Still, for the first time I didn't watch SRKs show, because I despise this kind of programme so much, even with SRK in it, I can't bring myself to watch it. I was quite disgusted even by the ads for the show, I mean not when they were showing SRK, but watchin people fall in to the water and considering that entertaining, sorry, but NO!

I don't still think anything bad about Shahrukh doing the show. He wants to entertain and some people are entertained by this kind of show, so that's fine. And if he takes a lot of money for the show and uses it for his films, I really admire that! So I have no issues with SRK doing this show, even though I won't watch it...

10. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

@Shublee, say I'll wipe your ass if you don't shut up.

It's a simple and the most understandable way to shut people's lousy mouth nowadays. :D

11. zainab783

zainab783 New Member

Shahrukh khan is one of my most favorite hero in the world and i like her all actions even i like his movie Don2 so much and really he did a superb job their and he has become world no 1 hero in indian industry

mumbiene says thanks.