Shah Rukh's Scars

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by KJC4SRK, Mar 6, 2006.

1. KJC4SRK Active Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Ok I did a search on the forum and dont find an answer, so....

Does anyone know what the two scars on his left shoulder/bicep are from?
  2. Dear guest,

PlanetSRK is one of the largest ShahRukh Khan communities in the world.
    Please support us by registering for free!
    Just click the signup button at the top!

Thanks,

PlanetSRK Staff

3. Nicoloe New Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    These must be scars of smallpox vaccination. I got them too on my right arm. Smallpox vaccination was effected here in Germany until 1974. Afterwards it was not done anymore, as the disease was not existing anymore.

Hope this could help.

Hugs,

Nicole
  4. Masala Maami New Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    ^_^ Right you are!
  5. KJC4SRK Active Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    No, they are not small pox vac. If you look at the scars they are dark raised rectangular scars. Like one might get if a bullet grazed them or something. (I have used the freeze and zoom feature...lol)

I noticed these scars some time ago had wondered about them a lot. You can see them really well in Baadshah, everytime he has his shirt off, especially when he is rescuing his mates from the girl and throws the glasses at her.
  6. Nicoloe New Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Hmmm, my scars look exactly the same, and they are from small pox vac.
    Though I was a child at abut 3 years of age I still remember the day it was done by the doctor. It was cut out with a knife and hurt real bad...
  7. sonal SRK's D&G lover!

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    oww... but yes u are right they are from the vaccination because my parents have the same exact thing
  8. Aishagul Turkish Delight :p

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    I think Nicole might be right.. Although I have no idea how early the smallpox vaccination can be done, after seeing SRK's baby photos I believe the scars are from vaccination.. Didn't he himself say the same thing? or is it the figment of my imagination?:confused:

Attached Files:

9. Rajshri Administrative Duties

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Yeah, my mother has it too... :p WAHHAAH She's actually proud of it because Shah Rukh got it too... :rofl:
  10. Geeta Active Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Lol RajDidz!!! Your mum rocks hahaha :cool: I can imagine her, telling to her friends (our style:p) "Yaar, I've got a scar.. Shah Rukh has it too, cool nah :cool:"

Thanks Krishna Jewel (lovely name you've got there!!!!) for mentioning this question.. I always wondered where he got it from.. now I know :D so thanks Nicole :p
  11. Bella~ New Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Yeeeees, I would think it is a small pox vaccination scar, because anyone around my age had that painful thing! Youch!!! I was a very little girl, and STILL remember that son of a _ _ _ _ _!! THAT HURT!!
  12. Wafa I want my Mom!!!

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    I agree too, vaccination. I have same exact looking scar too
  13. Shilpz Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    LOL! My mom does too :D
  14. Rajshri Administrative Duties

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    hahahaah she's crazy :p

Whenever the scars show in his films, like in Swades, she goes like: "See! I've got it too! [​IMG] "
  15. KJC4SRK Active Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    AH Thank you! The reason I did not think they were small pox scars is becase the scars I have always seen have been round with many dots where the needles went in. Both my mum and husband have these scars, as well. So, I was not familar with these types of scars. I dont, however, as I was born in 69 and they had stopped the vaccinations by then.
    Thanks so much for the info!

Now, I read the post that said it was cut out with a knife...:eek: how was this type of vaccine done??

(Oh and thanks for the complements on my name..can't take the credit though...lol..good choices on mums part..lol.)
  16. Mazerq_j Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    i have that scar too :p though i don't think srk's looks like mine
  17. KIT New Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Ive got the same one at the same place......
  18. ananya New Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    haha..yes, my parents too have it!
  19. filmifan bhangraholic nattu

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    i've always thought that they were from vaccinations. people of different races and skin tones scar differently...even allergies/body chemistry can affect how people react to vaccines.

and unfortunately, the actual vaccines and/or method of usage can differ between countries.
  20. KJC4SRK Active Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    uhmm...any chance someone could fill me in on the whole cutting thing. I dont understand how a vaccine can be give by cutting your arm.:confused:
  21. Nicoloe New Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Hya,

Here's a picture of small pox scarcifier instruments I found on the net. Maybe this helps...

Attached Files: