1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Shah Rukh's DNA Columns Discussions

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by phul, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

It shows how true Kajol’s comment was on KWK -broadcast today in the US. When asked “If you could ask the following people one thing, what would you like to ask Shah Rukh Khan ?”
    She answered: “Why are you so candid all the time? Don’t you know that people like to hear some nice pretty lies once in a while?”
    SRK’s surprising and courageous honesty is one of the greatest extensions of his manhood, right up there with his dimples.

2. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Wonderful thought @Mara! :thumb:
    He gives us so many reasons to be proud of Him and you're quite right that this one of the best, :D

Mara says thanks.
  3. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

Susan, your story reminded me so much of my grandson's and granddaughter's connection with India.

4 years ago when I started watching SRK's movies my grandson was 5 and granddaughter 2. They wanted to watch MeMa's movies, so we did, I can't tell you how many times we had to listen to "Chak a Bom, Bom" (Koi Ladki Hai - Song - Dil To Pagal Hai)as they called it...with them dancing and singing to it. My daughter told me it just wasn't around me either, that they sang the songs at home and talked about them at school!

Trevor was only 5 yrs old when we went to see Ra One, Alyssa still too young.....I don't know who was more excited, we had waited for months in anticipation. He said on my lap and I read him the subtitles. When Ra One came out of the computer he hid his face in my neck....we have watched this movie over and over again. Both my grandchildren loved it. And the music we wore the cd out! This movie will always hold a special place in my heart and I think in my grandsons.

On my recent trip to India, I so wanted to take Trevor, and he wanted to go so much. But I felt at 9 he is still too young. Hopefully some day we will go together.
    Watching Bollywood movies with my grand childen, especially my grandson has been a wonderful experience. Trevor can read the subs by himself now and knows some words of the language too.
    Trevor and Alyssa IMG_2012 (738x1024).jpg ....

Dea, Wafa, Alenka and 2 others thanked this.
  4. skrogers

skrogers Southeast Connecticut, USA

So happy to hear others are watching Srk with their grandchildren and to hear that they have similar reactions to them. Exposure to other cultures is so important to understanding others and to appreciating ours. DP just recently watched Krrish3 with me and wants a mask but he did say that he still likes Ra.One. I think it is because of the music. He liked the music in Rab Ne Bana di Jodi, too; but then so do I. I will have to show him Dil To Pagal Hai next time he visits. Thanks for the reply and for the tip on what to show him next!

Alenka and Mara thank this.
  5. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

well said Mara. it is very true he's so candid but still.. he's the only one I found that can get away with his naughtiness :p

Dea and Mara thank this.
  6. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Did he stop doing these?? :( :( Any news on why??

7. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

:noidea: They just stopped. Perhaps He became too busy and was hoping we wouldn't notice.

8. Rishima62

Rishima62 Defying Gravity

Hmm I think it has something to do with the "deadline" tweet of him some time ago. Maybe they put to much pressure on him by telling him what to do …. and we know he hates it (he said it in the same tweet) :noidea:

9. skrogers

skrogers Southeast Connecticut, USA

Does anyone think he will finish this Horoscope column series?

10. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

I don't think so. I don't know what kind of a contract he had and how it was ended... But when he started, surely he knew there would be deadlines and he agreed to them. It would be too unprofessional of him to to not do what he had agreed to because he doesn't like deadlines.

11. tasifa

tasifa which means Blue Eyes in Thai.

That's too bad he doesn't write them anymore. He has such a way with words. The were very insightful.

12. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

If any of us catch Him during a Q&A on Twitter we should ask him.

13. Rishima62

I didn't say that he said he doesn't like deadlines - he said he doesn't like to be told what he has to do - deadlines should be enough (as I remember it right). I am pretty sure it had to do with DNA. But that is just my opinion. Of course he wouldn't have a problem with deadlines in his profession as an actor as well.

14. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Just early starting times. :lol:

15. Rishima62

Yes - I know :bounce: - I even witnessed it when I was an extra in KANK ;)

16. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

You were? Wow! Which scene?

17. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

ah man :love: that's so cool!

18. Rishima62

Yes - I am in the red sequence of "Tumhi Dekho Naa" - actually right in the beginning you can see me going from right to left in front of Rani and Shah Rukh :redface::redface:

If you like to know more we should talk via PM or something else because we are so off topic here. Sorry, I started it.

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  19. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

:jaw: this is so strange!!!! thats's the scene i imagined when u said u were an extra!!

Rishima62 says thanks.
  20. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Don't think anyone minds one little bit! :D

Rishima62 says thanks.