1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Shah Rukh to host Zor Ka Jhatka 2

Discussion in 'Zor Ka Jhatka' started by mumbiene, Feb 10, 2011.

1. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Shah Rukh to host Zor Ka Jhatka 2
    Rachana Dubey, Hindustan Times
    Mumbai, February 10, 2011

Barely over a week old, reality show Zor Ka Jhatka - Total Wipeout, hosted by Shah Rukh Khan, garnered a dismal TRP of 2.6 points in the first episode and 2.8 points as the week’s average. Regardless of the low TRPs, the channel Imagine is ready to roll out another edition of the
    reality show to be produced by Endemol.

Nikhil Madhok from the channel confirms and says, “We haven’t spoken to Shah Rukh for the second season. After watching the response, we will have one. Since it is an expensive show, we will need to work out the timing in such a way that it doesn’t burn too big a hole in the channel’s pocket. So, we’ll either have the sequel well within this year or in the beginning of 2012. SRK will be back in Season 2.”

Madhok says that the opening TRP figures of Zor Ka Jhatka is the channel’s biggest opening so far. “We’re now on No 2 in the 9 pm to 10 pm slot. We’ve done well in most territories except Maharashtra. The Northern belt has recorded ratings as high as 3 and 4 points. That’s reason enough for us to believe that our show has got the eyeballs and it will get better as we proceed,” says Madhok.

However, he does admit that when compared to most other top Bollywood stars’ entry on the small screen, the ratings for his show are very low. But reasoning with the same, he says, “Those channels were already leading the market place, whereas we were not even inching towards 100 points. Naturally, if they have a larger audience base, their shows will open better. But with Shah Rukh on our side, we know we’ll soar higher with this season. The next one will be a cracker too!”

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Shah-Rukh-to-host-Zor-Ka-Jhatka-2/Article1-660694.aspx

2. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

It has low TRP? I must admit, it's a bit too early to think about season although it's a very fun show.

On a lighter note, damn it! I'm gonna have to fork out $50 again later on! :lol:

3. jg2k

jg2k The.One

ZKJ is the first of its kind in India... And unfortunately neither is it a music-oriented show nor does it give you a chance to see people b***h about each other! But children/youngsters must be loving this show a lot - so that'll make a difference! :)

4. TeraMeraDil

TeraMeraDil Active Member

Wow already talking about season 2! I hope there can be more celebrity episodes like the Abhishek one. Those are pretty enjoyable to watch.

5. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

"we haven't spoken to SRK for the second season" ..."SRK will be back in season 2"...which one is it? make up your minds.!

6. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

another thought... they should count people watch the episodes on their youtube channel... some people miss the show and watch it online.

7. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

I know right! They sure get a looooooooooott of views on YT! High time, they start counting those views as well although it's world wide but still!

8. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Zor Ka Jhatka ratings highest for Imagine Channel thanks to Shahrukh
    PostDateIconFriday, 11 February 2011 10:49 | PostAuthorIconWritten by Shrabani Mukherjee

Although everyone else may say the Shahrukh Khan has failed as an anchor in the small screen again with Zor Ka Jhatka but the channel people are claiming the ratings of the show to be one of the highest for the Imagine Channel. The ratings of 2.6 for Zor Ka Jhatka is indeed very low when compared to other daily soaps channel but for Imagine Channel it is indeed a milestone all thanks to the Badshah of the film industry without which the show would have died a natural death.

If we look into the shows which have been hosted by Stars in terms of rating Shahrukh Khan would be the last one with Akshay Kumar. The first place is taken up by Madhuri and her show Jhalak Dhikla Jaa which got 5.6 points in the opening night. Not far behind was Amitabh Bachchan’s Kaun Banega Crorepati which garnered total 5.4 TRP in the opening night. Even Salman Khan did well with 3.6 in Bigg Boss but Shahrukh Khan was again a huge disappointment with his dismal 2.6 ratings.

However the Channel spokesperson is quite excited and said, “We’re now on No 2 in the 9 pm to 10 pm slot. We’ve done well in most territories except Maharashtra. The Northern belt has recorded ratings as high as 3 and 4 points. That’s reason enough for us to believe that our show has got the eyeballs and it will get better as we proceed.”

Zor Ka Jhatka is a gameshow hosted by none other than Shahrukh Khan where three celebrities at a time have to cross various hurdles to win the reality show. It is a fun game show and resembles Tajkeshi’s Castlew. However the latest news about the show is that makers are thinking of making the second season of the show with Shahrukh Khan inspite of the low ratings. Talking about it Nikhil Madhok from the channel said, “We haven’t spoken to Shah Rukh for the second season. After watching the response, we will have one. Since it is an expensive show, we will need to work out the timing in such a way that it doesn’t burn too big a hole in the channel’s pocket. So, we’ll either have the sequel well within this year or in the beginning of 2012. SRK will be back in Season 2.”

http://ic-technews.com/entertainmen...ighest-for-imagine-channel-thanks-to-shahrukh