1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Shah Rukh sings ‘Khaike Paan Banaras walla’ [Merged]

Discussion in 'Don the Chase Begins Again' started by Alana, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Alana

Alana New Member

Shah Rukh sings ‘Khaike Paan Banaras walla’
    By IndiaFM News Bureau, July 18, 2006 - 23:40 IST

‘Khaike Paan Banaras walla’ from Amitabh’s Don is one evergreen song. The track in which Amitabh sings about the power of banaras ka paan is still famous among people of all ages.

And now, Shah Rukh Khan is all set to revive the popular track in Farhan Akhtar’s Don – The Chase Begins. He in fact is even going to sing a couple of lines from the song. The opening lines and some interludes to be precise! The actual singer of the song happens to be Udit Narayan. But it will be interesting to see Shahrukh add his own touch while chipping in his bit of vocals.

This will probably be the second time he will be taking the mike in his hand after ‘Apun Bola’ from Josh. Music composers Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy have reworked this original track.

2. layla-val

layla-val Active Member

Re: Shah Rukh sings ‘Khaike Paan Banaras walla’

Thanks Michaela, I can't wait to hear him sing again, even if it is just a few lines :D :thumb:

3. I<3SRK

I<3SRK New Member

yay!! can't wait for it ... :D

4. Alana

Alana New Member

Honestly, I hope that it will be only a few lines. I bought a CD yesterday and there's Apun Bola on it and the more often I hear it I come to the conclusion that he can't sing. :)
    I know he likes it but .....................:tape:

5. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

Wow!
    I can't wait to hear my two favourites together in a song!

Shah Rukh and Udit.... Yeah... that will be a Super-Duper-Hit!!! :thumb:

6. josh

josh Member

@Alana
    Apun Bola isn´t that good choice to judge about HIS singing.It is not a real Song for me.He speaks more than that HE sing.
    And hear HIM life on stage singing a few lines with fans I think HE isn´t not that bad.
    But it would take away to much time to learn singing by HIMSELF.HE is busy enough making films and the rest has to be for HIS family.

7. Lia

Lia Well-Known Member

I can't wait to hear his sexy voice again after Apun Bola.

8. Astri

Astri New Member

Awww...his sexy voice in Don!!!!:heart: :heart: :heart:

9. Alana

Alana New Member

Right, Apun Bola is not really singing. But I heard him singing KHNH and I'm not sure that I liked it really!:)

So I will wait and judge when I hear him again!

10. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

i cant wait!! oooh babe will be playing with his gun:tape2: i mean with the gun:D

11. Anoush

Anoush SRK's Lovely Sister

ohhhhhhhh my allah

srk singing by his voice
    i love it so much

i love apon pola and i am crazy about it , i play it everyday

yes , yes , yes srk , let us listen to your voice again and agian baby

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

12. TARA

TARA &quot;K3T&quot;-Member

Great, I am curious how it sounds....I like Apun bola, but as Josh said, its more spoken then sing. The DON-song I know, and so it will be interesting to hear, what a personal touch he gives it.Thanks Michaela for the article.

13. akoori

akoori Well-Known Member

Sing it like Shah Rukh!

SRK has just recorded Khaike Paan Banaras Wala for the new version of Don

RUBINA A KHAN Times News Network (Bombay Times July 25. 2006)

Going by the recent spate of actors crooning in films, the badshah of Bollywood Shah Rukh Khan too has joined the bandwagon. He has just sung a portion of the popular track, Khaike Paan Banaras Wala in Farhan Akhtar’s Don, which is a remake of the original Amitabh Bachchan starrer.
    Shankar Mahadevan of the Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy musical trio says, “Shah Rukh grasped the song beautifully and he worked very hard on it.”
    But the fact remains that this song is reminiscent of Bachchan. So what does director Farhan Akhtar have to say to that? “Whenever you think of the song Khaike Paan Banaras Wala, it has a very strong association with Mr Bachchan who was very good in the song. Apart from Shah Rukh singing a portion of the song, he has performed very well in it too.” So, will we see Shah Rukh Khan chewing paan in the song too? “Wait and watch,” laughs Farhan.
    Incidentally, Shah Rukh had earlier sung Apun Bola Tu Meri Laila in Josh.
    So, how much does an actor singing in a film help? “It all depends on the song and how it’s created,” says trade analyst Komal Nahta. “In the case of Aamir Khan’s Aati Kya Khandala, it added to the collections of the film. Earlier when Shah Rukh sang in Josh, it did make a difference.”

Actors who’ve crooned for films

Amitabh Bachchan - Rang Barse from Silsila and Mere Paas Aao from Mr Natwarlal. Also a number in the forthcoming Babul

Sanjay Dutt - O Shivani in Khoobsurat.Also in other films like Kaante and Musafir

Salman Khan - Chaani Ki Daal Pe Sone Ka Mor in Hello Brother.Also sang with Amitabh Bachchan in Babul

Akshaye Khanna - A nazm in his forthcoming film Aap Ki Khatir

Abhishek Bachchan - Right Here Right Now in Bluffmaster
    Aamir Khan - Aati Kya Khandala from Ghulam

Viveik Oberoi - A few lines in Deewane Huye Paagal

14. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

Re: Sing it like Shah Rukh!

thx akoori!! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaai i cant wait!!!

15. felisluna

felisluna Well-Known Member

oh dear, when it says "he worked very hard on it" in work assessments, it usually means "but unfortunately wasn´t up for the job". Hope this is meant to be more favorable here.

16. romy

romy New Member

thanks! maybe he is the next POPSTAR and release his own album with his own songs in the next future:D

17. Weda

Weda SRK's Sweetheart

Thanks dear for sharing:hug:

I cant wait to hear it