"Shah Rukh My Hero" contest

Discussion in 'Contests & Competitions' started by jg2k, Jun 14, 2010.

1. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Here we are... Let's get ready for another mind-blowing month ahead. As the soccer teams fight for the World Cup, let's try our own luck at making it to SRK's hands once more... :):heart:

Rumana and I take the pleasure of announcing the basic set of rules for the contest. The main theme is to build a character based on our King Khan and give it a dashing story to go with...

1. Contest begins on 17th June and will be open till 17th July (Extended to 27th July 2010).

2. Contest entries should include characters based on Shah Rukh (mandatory) as a Super Hero (choice of name the character is up to you), other Super heroes (if needed :p), Villains, Commoners, etc.

3. Forms of entry can be:
    a. Writing - maximum 3 pages story (optional: pictures)​
    b. Video (max. 5 minutes)​
    c. Drawings, comic strips (sketched or digitally rendered), etc.​

4. Please don't forget to submit your Full Name + your Planet ID along with your entry.

5. Multiple entries: We are modifying the rule to allow a maximum of 2 entries per person (as on 06-17-10).

6. Good or Bad?: We had decided on designing this contest as a tribute to Ra.One. And since SRK is a good guy in it, we'll prefer that you all stick to SRK playing only a Hero or a Super Hero (and not a bad guy) in your entry (as on 06-17-10).

If you have any queries, please shoot them in on this thread here. Rumana and I will try to answer all your questions and will also keep updating the participating members' list.

So go ahead fellow PlanetSRK-ites... Let's set out on another journey which will end in another dream-come-true.

Some essentials:
    Rumana and I will be judging the contest entries. We will soon update our e-mail IDs on this thread so that you all can start sending in your entries to us... Also, I would request you to kindly bear with us just in case we get a little late in getting back to you. But we promise that we will be there. :)

Go gals/guys... Have fun molding SRK into your favorite characters... :grouphug::thumb:

Updated on 070810:

Submission Rules (We are almost there - yippeee!)

1. Your entries must have the following:

a. Full Name​

b. PlanetSRK ID​

c. Name of PlanetSRK (A tag mentioing that you are a member of the Planet - Please refer to Wafa Di's post above)​

2. Entries or links to uploaded videos should be mailed in to: srkmyhero.planetsrk@gmail.com
    3. If possible please send the judges (Rumana (sonataca) and Jaya (jg2k)) individual VMs notifying that you have submitted your entries

Dear guest,

PlanetSRK is one of the largest ShahRukh Khan communities in the world.
    Please support us by registering for free!
    Just click the signup button at the top!

Thanks,

PlanetSRK Staff

3. Luani

Luani SRKajol fan

Re: Do you want a new contest?

This is so exciting :D I just have two questions: The character has to be based on Shahrukh's life, personality, etc? The footage of the video can be SRK's own movies?

Thanks so much :D Can't wait!

4. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Hi Luani... Great to have you in... :D

As far as I understand, the character will be played by SRK - so I think you can come up with anything you want SRK to stand up for/look like/talk about - whatever you might want to represent through this character. I'm not sure how you are planning to use the footage - so, yes, whatever suits the character and the story can go with the video.

Hope that helps. Rumana, please put in your thoughts too - I might be missing out on something... :)

5. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

Yes, you can do it, actually you are free to do anything you want, just make sure Shah Rukh is the hero and it has something to do with the topic of Ra.One

6. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

So far, I got 16 participants' names:

1. Katja
    2. MaryAnn
    3. Darina
    4. Arahib
    5. Luani
    6. Radwa
    7. Bertha
    8. Sonia
    9. Salma
    10. Dea
    11. Pri
    12. Anne
    13. Seema
    14. Chris
    15. Guilliana

If you are 100% sure that you will have your entry ready by July 17th, use the thanks button for this post.

7. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Sorry, I still don't fully understand about the character. So the character should be based on what we know so far about SRK's character in Ra.One, or we can invent completely new superhero and build any story around that (as long as SRK is the superhero). Can you just try to explain it as fully as possible?

And thank you Jaya and Rumana for doing this! :thumb: :hug:

8. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

We are just covering the topic of Ra.One which is about a superhero. You have to build a story about a hero (Shah Rukh obviously) and present it to us in any of the form we listed above (writing, video, animation, etc).

For example, Ra.One is about G.One but your hero does not have to be named G.One. In Ra.One, the villain is born from a video game, your villain does not need to be born from a video game. In other words, it will be your story, your villain and of course Shah Rukh.

I hope that explains it. :D

It is definately Jaya's and my pleasure to be judges for such an awesome contest! :)

9. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

what a tricky question :eyebrows: :tape::p

10. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

:lol:

11. darina4srk

darina4srk SRKManiac

So what I understand is we need to make a story about SRK as the superhero. That's the basic. Right? :D Will do my best. Even though I don't have any ideas right now. :p:eek:

12. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

i even had a siggy i made abt this :lol: lemme just use it :eyebrows:

13. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

A month is what you got and since it is about Shah Rukh, ideas will start flooding in, remember? :D

14. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

You are a step ahead already!

Good luck! :D

15. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Katja, Darina, Dea - all the very best to you guys.

I have also revised the post with the rules. As Rumana has beautifully explained in all her posts, yes, the character you will want your SRK to play has to be a hero/super hero (kind of paying a tribute to G.One in your own ways)...

Yeah - looking forward to a super-exciting and amazing month ahead...
    Rock it!

16. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Dea - you are definitely one step ahead - great siggy! :cool:

17. Anoush

Anoush SRK's Lovely Sister

sorry but still didn't understand the idea enough clearly

we will use srk characters in his movies to create a new villain character with our imagination , is that right?

about writing , how it is supposed to be ?
    will i describe this villain or tell a story about him ?

thanks all , good luck all

18. frenchfan

frenchfan mornings best dealt with dark as nite coffee.

One more question :D

Am I allowed to participate with captions adding?
    I feel excited about this already and got many ideas :target:

19. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

You don't have to use the characters Shah Rukh has played already. Make up your own but just make sure that Shah Rukh is the main hero in your story or video or whatever you will make.

Good luck!

20. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

Anyway you want, be creative and just enjoy the contest!
    Good luck

21. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy