1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Shah Rukh Khan's tribute to Rajinikanth

Discussion in 'Chennai Express Music' started by mumbiene, Jun 24, 2013.

1. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Shah Rukh Khan's tribute to Rajinikanth

Monday, Jun 24, 2013, 7:44 IST | Agency: DNA
    He has asked Honey Singh to do a tribute to the South superstar for Chennai Express.
    [​IMG]
    Shah Rukh Khan​
    It looks like Shah Rukh Khan is determined to leave no stone unturned to ensure his latest project Chennai Express works out just fine. And then some more... His latest brainwave is to get Honey Singh compose a special song. Says a source close to Singh, “He was surprised to get a call from Shah Rukh about a special song.”

Honey is surprised to know that one has heard about SRK’s call to him for a song in Chennai Express. Says the ebullient rock star, “I was very surprised and happy to hear from Shah Rukh bhai. He said he wanted me to do a particular song. I wrote and composed the song while I was in Mauritius. Both Shah Rukh bhai and I are huge Rajinikanth fans. This number is our tribute to him.”

Asked if the composers of the film Vishal-Shekhar are aware of this inclusion to the soundtrack, Singh shrugs, “What can I do? Shah Rukh bhai asked me to do a song I couldn’t refuse. I can tell you this much. When the song comes out it will be a craze among not just Shah Rukh and my fans, but also among Rajini sir’s fans.”

Vishal VS Singh

Earlier this month Vishal Dadlani had pulled up a young contestant on Junior Indian Idol for singing a Honey Singh song, imploring the boy not to sing lyrics he doesn’t understand. Vishal said he has nothing against Singh’s music per se just that children should sing songs that are appropriate for them.
    http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/1852041/report-shah-rukh-khan-s-tribute-to-rajinikanth

Krisi_love_SRK and Baree thank this.
  2. mumbiene

Honey Singh not singing for Chennai Express: Shekhar Ravjiani
    Sweta Kaushal, Hindustantimes.com
    New Delhi, June 26, 2013
    Just a day after news of Punjabi rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh singing a number in Chennai Express did the rounds, the film's music composer Shekhar Ravjiani has clearly denied the 'reports'.

Singh had apparently composed a song on SRK's behest and the number was supposed to be a tribute to the southern superstar Rajinikanth.

Shekhar, who has composed the music for Chennai Express along with Vishal Dadlani, said Honey Singh has not been roped in for any song in the film, as some media reports suggested earlier. Speaking to HT, Shekhar said, "I just spoke to Rohit Shetty. He told me that he had read such reports but those are false."

The singer-composer further adds, "If Rohit Shetty doesn't know about Honey Singh's song in Chennai Express, I am sure there is none."

Earlier, media reports suggested that Honey Singh had been roped in for a song that would be an item number.

Bollywood Hungama quoted Honey Singh as saying, "I was very very surprised and happy to hear from Shah Rukh bhai. He said he wanted me to do a particular song for Chennai Express and told me to do what I could. I wrote and composed the song while I was in Mauritius. Both Shah Rukh bhai and I are huge Rajinikanth fans. This number is our tribute to him."

Bollywood Hungama further reported: About Vishal-Shekhar's disapproval of his presence in the Chennai Express soundtrack, Honey Singh shrugs, "What can I do? If Shah Rukh Bhai asked me to do a song I couldn't refuse. I am just doing my job to the best of my abilities."
    http://www.hindustantimes.com/Enter...xpress-Shekhar-Ravjiani/Article1-1082858.aspx

Vegainko says thanks.
  3. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

The song is out and they're even shooting a video for it (today I heard).

4. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

But it is most likely promotional video, as was the case with Don 2.

5. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

i saw the Video karan posted. But so far i know this Song is not on the Album. Who knows if this is true. :noidea:

6. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

If this advertisement video, it should not be in album .....

7. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

That don 2 song was part of the album even though it was for promotional purposes. Part of the reason could be Vishal-Shekhar not wanting to associate themselves with Honey Singh.

8. mumbiene

SRK, Deepika team up for special tribute song to Rajnikanth
    Mumbai, Jul 20, 2013, (PTI) :
    [​IMG]
    Superstar Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone have come together for a special song that pays tribute to Tamil cinema icon Rajnikanth.

Titled 'Thalaivar Tribute' (Lungi Dance), the song is sung and composed by rapper Honey Singh and is not a part of Shah Rukh starrer 'Chennai Express', which will hit theatres on August 9.

Shah Rukh, 47, who is busy with his upcoming film 'Chennai Express', said he could not say no to the song because he is a huge fan of the "global cultural icon Rajnikanth".

"Who isn't a fan of 'The Rajnikanth'? I had met Honey Singh and Bhushan Kumar five days back and he made me hear the song, which is titled Thalaivar Tribute (Lungi Dance).

"I found it very apt for Rajni sir and wanted to be a part of it as a fan of one of the greatest actors we have. Deepika, on my request, happily agreed to be a part of the song because even she is a huge fan of Rajni sir. The song is fun, happy and completely Rajnikanth Style!," Shah Rukh said.

The song is being choreographed by National Award-winning choreographer Chinni Prakash and will release soon.
    http://www.deccanherald.com/content/345983/srk-deepika-team-up-special.html

nika, Rayhana and phul thank this.
  9. Rayhana

Rayhana Well-Known Member

Wait what?? Honey Singh is a dude?? Is it that guy who was in the video with Shah Rukh For a cool looking fellow he has an awfully uncool name! God Damn!