1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Shah Rukh Khan on Jonathan Ross show

Discussion in 'My Name Is Khan' started by Bridget, Jan 26, 2010.

1. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

I know them LOL
    I watch lots of their shows on youtube
    they are so damn funny

2. SRKfanforever

SRKfanforever Well-Known Member

Exactly...

3. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

I think it's funny how even now months after this show aired in the UK and worldwide Shah Rukh's joke about the airport scanners is still being taken as a serious answer in a show where he was joking a lot when newspapers or magazine do hard news stories on these controversial new airport scanners. I've seen about a dozen of these type of mentions of SRK in this TV show worldwide in publications since February. Here's the latest that I've seen that was in a major Mid East publication.

X-ray vision: all-seeing scanners at all Dubai terminals

Dubai testing controversial body scanners that can peer through passengers' clothing

Business section
    * By Derek Baldwin, Senior Reporter
    * Published: 00:00 April 1, 2010
    Gulf News

* The new scanning technology will be used only on those passengers who airport security officials suspect could be carrying illegal or dangerous items

Dubai: All-seeing body scanners have been installed at Dubai ports of entry - including all three terminals at Dubai International Airport - on a trial basis to gauge whether the controversial new technology can better detect illegal or dangerous items on passengers, XPRESS can reveal.According to sources, not all airport passengers are being screened and only those pulled from queues at the request of security officers are being subjected to the low-dose radiation screening.

Breach of privacy

The body scanner trials are being conducted by Dubai Customs at a time when scanning devices are being installed at airports around the world to head off incidents such as the failed Christmas Day airliner attack on final approach to Detroit airport last year.The new scanners are controversial because they peer past clothing to reveal each passenger in the nude. Religious and human rights groups say the use of such scanners violates moral and privacy standards, while some medical experts say exposure to what are called low-dose terahertz rays could pose serious hazards to health in the long term.

"It's a low-dose X-ray," said a source close to the project in Dubai, noting that physical searches only over clothing at airports may not always locate an explosive device.The Christmas Day "underwear bomber", for example, stowed away his explosive device in his undergarments, material that was missed by airport security before he boarded. But Omar Farouk Abdul Mutallab's attempt to detonate the bomb was thwarted by passengers who tackled him in his seat.

"If a passenger is carrying illegal weapons or explosives, they will find it very difficult to hide them from this [screening] technology," the source said.Dubai Customs did not respond to an official media request for comment by press time.Meanwhile, a senior security official at Abu Dhabi airport told XPRESS that it was very unlikely that the body scanner technology would be implemented any time soon - it would be culturally opposed given that the technology sees through clothing.

Khan signs scans

Media reports say that Indian actor Shah Rukh Khan told British talk show Friday Night with Jonathon Ross that he had autographed full body scan printouts of himself for females who had somehow obtained the images. The full body scans of Khan were snapped as he passed through newly installed body scanners at Heathrow Airport.

Khan told Ross: "I was in London recently going through the airport [where] these new machines have come up. You've got to see them. It makes you embarrassed - if you're not well-endowed."

http://gulfnews.com/business/aviati...eing-scanners-at-all-dubai-terminals-1.606104

4. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Shahrukh might have been joking, but as these scanners are a cause of discussion and controversy and there are lot of arguments made against them (as well as for them) this joke probably won't die too soon.. It surely wasn't his intention, but he did joke about an issue that causes real concern at least in Europe (probably elsewhere also).

5. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

Shahrukh's joke statement on this show is still something being taken seriously in news reports and mentioned online in International news stories such as this one. I am surprised to see that the very respected human rights group ACLU believed it was true and even sights SRK to the press:

Jokes About Miami Airport Worker's Body Scan Lead To Beating, Arrest

May 7, 2010 8:40 a.m.

here is just the on-topic part from that article:

However, the American Civil Liberties Union has cited Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan's experience at a British airport. Despite rules that required images to be immediately discarded, the star's body scan was printed out apparently by airline personnel, who asked the actor to autograph the images while at the airport.

whole article can be seen at

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7018626872#ixzz0nGoRLc00

6. Rayhana

Rayhana Well-Known Member

7. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

he said it in the NDTV interview(India Questions) where he and Karan was on.
    It was the time he said good words about Pakistan players and cricket.:)