1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Shah Rukh Khan at Reddy's Sangeet

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by SRKdream, Jun 11, 2011.

1. SRKdream

SRKdream Active Member

Shah Rukh Khan at Reddy's Sangeet

Jun 11, 2011

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Shah Rukh Khan
    Shah Rukh Khan was in his element at the Reddy sangeet held in Hyderabad on Friday, which had the whole of B-town in attendance.

The King Khan, who was roped in as a replacement for Jennifer Lopez, who couldn't make it to India, said on stage, "I'd like to tell you all that I am a replacement for JLo... I wasn't the original choice for this evening. I have a bad knee, but when Pinky told me I have to come, and I have to dance at the sangeet, I just couldn't say no, they're such dear friends. Mallika, the bride, is like my little daughter." He then turned his back to the audience, shaked his booty a little bit, and said, "Every time I do something like this, it's just to remind you that I am here instead of JLo..."

Just before having the 2,000-strong gathering in splits with this comment, SRK made a grand entry at the venue —designed and decked up by Abu Jani-Sandeep Khosla —dancing to a very dramatic mix of "Don 2" title track "Main Hu Don". After the brief performance, he stopped to apologise to Amitabh Bachchan, seated in the front row, for performing this number in front of the original Don! "I was told to do an original item of mine, and I chose Don... ab mujhe kya pata tha Mr Bachchan himself will be sitting right here. Mr Bachchan, I apologise for having performed this in front of you."

Claiming that he is a "bad dancer, who made a career out of bad dancing for more than a decade now, SRK said he had another original item up his sleeve for the evening. Calling it a number "by the Reddys, for the Reddys, from Ready," he pulled out his sun-glasses from behind his collar, a la Salman Khan, and did an SRK version of "Dhinka Chika". Taking pangas with two of his favourite rivals, SRK clearly won round one, and went on to host the rest of the evening in classic Badshaah of Bollywood fashion. Despite a torn ligament and a bad knee, SRK also did his famous chair roll, much to the delight of fans present.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...han-at-Reddys-Sangeet/articleshow/8815433.cms

MaryAnnK, Wafa, Neeran and 4 others thanked this.
  2. Alvida?

Alvida? Member

Don 2" title track "Main Hu Don".---------------???

3. MeryamaSRK

MeryamaSRK DON-ish

Oh WTH? Again...Poor thing :'( :(

Excuse my ignorance!..but what famous chair roll?!!

LOL I laughed so hard to this!! omg! Too bad we'll never get to see this one :p

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  4. Sofie

Sofie Well-Known Member

Lol! This man is just hilarious!:lol: Wish we could see videos of him in action.:D

5. SRKdream

SRKdream Active Member

This is when he jumps on a chair, one foot on the chair seat and the other on the back of the chair, and thus overturns the chair.
    This trick SRK is very often show in his performances and ask to repeat it the man who summoned to the stage from the audience. :D

MaryAnnK, Neeran and phul thank this.
  6. MeryamaSRK

MeryamaSRK DON-ish

Oh wow, never seen it :( is it on video somewhere?

7. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

SRK dances to 'Dhinka Chika'

Source: Dailybhaskar | Last Updated 15:57(12/06/11)

[​IMG]

Superstar Shah Rukh Khan rocked the stage with his dance steps at the Reddy wedding in Hyderabad on Friday night. Everybody was taken by surprise as SRK made a grand entry with the song, ‘Main Hoon Don’ at GVK Reddy’s granddaughter Mallika Reddy’s wedding to Siddharth Reddy. Since, Amitabh Bachchan was also present at the event, SRK joked that Big B is the original don of Bollywood.
    Finally he announced the item that he had specially made for the Reddys. And guess which song it was?? Well, it was none other than Salman Khan’s hit number, ‘Dhinka Chika’ from the movie, ‘Ready’. Shah Rukh was also seen putting his shades on his back collar just like Salman does in the song.
    According to sources, the crowd went completely berserk while Shah Rukh performed to a medley of his songs, but it was his ‘Dhinka Chika’ that completely rocked the stage. The actor also performed to songs like, ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’ with Rani Mukerji and ‘Om Shanti Om’ with Rani, Anushka, Priyanka and Ranveer Singh.

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/ENT-srk-dances-to-dhinka-chika-2181898.html

Wafa, nika, SRKdream and 1 other person say thanks.
  8. phul

OK Please we want to see how Shah Rukh is shaking his booty pleaaaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :Cry: :frusty: Why noone of the Wedding Guest was so ful of mercy to made a Video of Shah Rukhs Performance and a bit more mercyful and put it onlineeeeee? :hurt: Atleast we have the pic in the Article i have found. :) but a Video :baby: would been so great :baby: Mercyless weddig Guests :mmph: :baby:

9. Ella

Ella Haan farishtey hote hain ♥

the pic isn't from the wedding ;)

10. phul

Ohh great i have so hope it is from the Wedding. :( But thank you Ela for telling me. :) From where is the Pic? Does someone know this?

11. danshula

danshula Well-Known Member

@Anke - From XXX Drink Launch

phul says thanks.
  12. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

to them its Don2 referring to Bachchan as the original Don. to us of course there is only one Don, and Don2 will be releasing later this year

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  13. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Shahrukh dances to Salman’s ‘Dhinka Chika’

Submitted by padmapreetham on Mon, 2011-06-13 22:40 Last edited by tarannum khan on Mon, 2011-06-13 23:04

Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan bowled over the invitees at GVK Reddy’s granddaughter’s sangeet ceremony in Hyderabad, by dancing to the tune of Salman’s ‘Dhinka Chika’.

[​IMG]
    The crowd went crazy when SRK pulled the sun-glasses from behind his shirt collar just like Salman did in ‘Dabangg’, and then performed on the song ‘Dhinka Chika’.
    King Khan, with his high dose of energy, entertained the 2000 joyous guests at the sangeet, and managed to imitate Salman’s dance steps on stage.
    SRK was Jennifer Lopez’s replacement
    Initially, it was Hollywood actress-singer Jennifer Lopez who was supposed to perform at the Reddy’s sangeet ceremony, and not Shahrukh Khan.
    However, since she couldn’t make it for the evening, SRK was the only perfect alternative, who was roped in at the last minute.
    Before performing on stage, SRK said that he came because he is close to the bride's parents Sanjay and Pinky Reddy and they wanted him to dance at the sangeet.
    And later the ‘Don’ actor turned around and did some booty shaking like JLo and then stated, “Every time I do this, it's to remind you that I am here in place of JLo.”
    Dressed in Abu Jani-Sandeep Khosla’s designer label, Shahrukh rocked the stage by performing to a medley of songs from his upcoming film ‘Don 2’. He also charmed his fans by doing his famous chair roll at the sangeet.
    After dinner, Jean Sean gave a spellbinding performance. The Bollywood celebs who were seen enjoying the sangeet were Shahrukh, Priyanka Chopra, Rani Mukerjee, Preity Zinta, Amitabh and Jaya Bachchan.
    Bride and groom looked traditional and ethnic at the wedding
    The bride and groom chose to look completely traditional at the wedding. GVK Reddy’s granddaughter Mallika Reddy dazzled in a gold color sari, while groom Siddharth chose to wear a heavily embroidered sherwani.
    The guests who came in full swing at the big fat wedding include business tycoon Anil Dhirubhai Ambani and his son Vyjayanthimala Bali, Tollywood actor Mahesh Babu and his wife Namrata, actor Chiranjeevi, Boney Kapoor and Sridevi with their daughters Khushi and Jhanvi, Yash Chopra, Shashi Tharoor and his wife Sunanda
    http://www.totalfilmy.com/feature/20110613/shahrukh_dances_salman’s_‘dhinka_chika’-33382.html

relaxxx says thanks.
  14. SRKdream

SRKdream Active Member

Gosh, I want to see this! :D:D:D