1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Shah Rukh in Saathiya

Discussion in 'Movies N-S' started by MaryAnnK, Feb 19, 2008.

1. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

I just watched Saatiya last night and saw Shah Rukh. How did I miss that? I don't recall anyone saying he was in it. Oh, he looks so comfortable as the husband to Tabu. It is only a fifteen minutes or so, but I loved every minute of it. I thought it was a pretty good film.

lauraleedooley and rubyroo thank this.
  2. mayoub

mayoub Well-Known Member

Re: Shah Rukh in Saatiya

Really ? didn't you know that ? He's so muuah in it xD Actually he always is :eek:

lauraleedooley says thanks.
  3. MarjorieGK

MarjorieGK Ullu-Club-Member

I loved his special appearance in Saathiya. All those who say his "serious avataar" is new should see his performance here.
    And one thing more: after watching those few scenes with Tabu I know I'd love to see them together in a movie.

4. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

5. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

I saw this film just today. It was a very nice film, and Jaanu was really brilliant in it. I agree with Marj, especially after this film I would really like to see him and Tabu together in a film, I actually already thought that before but now even more... He was just sooo cute here...

6. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

his special appearance in saathiya is awesome, thats actually the best part of the film! i think tabu & SRK should make a film together too, i dont think they have yet
    apart from this SA of course :lol:

7. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

Although Shah Rukh has only a short appearance in Saathiyaa his character was compelling and well developed. He was an Indian Administrative Service officer. IAS officers hold important positions in the Indian Government. His character was an intelligent, compassionate, responsible, and courageous man who did his best to shield his wife from harm during a terrible crisis in her life which involved the main characters of the movie. He looked beautiful in his costume for the movie, a simple black shirt, open at the collar and khaki pants.

The movie was somewhat interesting and the plot reminded me of Chalte Chalte. The heroine seemed similar, as she was played by the same actress, Rani Mukherji, in both. The hero of Saathiya however was a simple, ordinary, likeable young man, nothing like our Shah Rukh's emotional, volatile and colorful Raj from Chalte Chalte. I missed him all through the movie. I always feel such a deep emotional involvement in the joys and sorrows of Raj Mathur and this movie completely failed to touch my heart in that way. This has given me an insight into why Shah Rukh is so successful. In every movie and in every role he makes us care about him.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
    lauraleedooley and MaryAnnK thank this.
  8. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

Spoilers.

A catch phrase of the movie was "Would you do ANYTHiNG for me?" It was a way of asking "how much do you love me?"

Suhani and Aditya did love each other very much but not enough to easily forgive each other for their little fights and disagreements. The introduction of Yeshwant and his wife into the end of the story gave a contrast to the attitudes and actions of this young and immature couple.

When Yeshwant (Shah Rukh's character) came home to confront his wife about the accident he was angry at first but very quickly forgave her and then only wanted to protect and comfort her. He showed that he actually WOULD do anything for her by being perfectly willing to accept the blame for what she had done. She showed her love and maturity by not allowing him to do so. They both showed a selfless love for each other.

It is interesting that Yeshwant switched the 2 couples identities by substituting his own and his wife's names for those of the injured woman and her husband. It was as if he put himself in the place of the man whose wife was nearly killed. To me this was symbolic of the compassion he felt for the other couple. As if he knew that but for the grace of God their situations could have been switched. It makes me wonder whether Aditya would have gone as far as Yeshwant did to prove his love. It was an interesting contrast between a mature couple and a pair of newlyweds who still had much to learn.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
    lauraleedooley and MaryAnnK thank this.