1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Shah Rukh in GQ January 2017

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by mumbiene, Dec 30, 2016.

1. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

2. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

More stunning! :madgrin:

3. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

Bigger
    C08IB3CUsAAyllW.jpg large.jpg C08K_D4W8AUZLXg.jpg

Tash, Rishima62, natalyaK and 3 others thanked this.
  4. tasifa

tasifa which means Blue Eyes in Thai.

from GQ

C1BkEa6WgAAIxma.jpg

Tash, ashi2, Rishima62 and 3 others thanked this.
  5. tasifa

tasifa which means Blue Eyes in Thai.

C1CGueoW8AEXdqB.jpg

Tash, ashi2, Vegainko and 3 others thanked this.
  6. mumbiene

7. Vegainko

Vegainko Well-Known Member

15822638_1346538612057007_6731893258607336147_n.jpg 15780696_1346538868723648_8747118110722247381_n.jpg C1AiK3eWgAEgPKc.jpg large.jpg

Tash, mumbiene and phul thank this.
  8. zheni

zheni Well-Known Member

9. mumbiene

Don’t philosophise until you’re rich first: Shah Rukh Khan
    bollywood Updated: Dec 31, 2016 13:16 IST
    C1GO64lWgAEvPXB.jpg large.jpg
    Bollywood’s romance king Shah Rukh Khan, who is one of the Bollywood stars in the Forbes list of worlds top 20 highest-paid actors, has said people should make money first and then philosophise. The onscreen ‘King of Romance’ says there’s nothing romantic about being poor.

In an interview to GQ India’s January 2017 issue, the superstar said: “Don’t philosophise until you’re rich first. I used to be poor, and I can tell you there’s nothing romantic about it. When young people, friends, say they want to be great creative novelists, I advise them to be a copywriter first, make a little money. Don’t be a struggling artist; be a happy one.”
    What does he like spending money on?

“It’s very important for me to smell good. I mix two fragrances - a Dunhill scent that’s only available at their London store as well as a Diptyque one. I’m not big on fashion, but I have a good eye.

“I don’t like wearing formal shoes, so I mostly buy sneakers. I recently picked up these pre-distressed, worn-in Golden Goose sneakers, which both my son and Ranbir Kapoor tell me are all the rage,” he said.

The “Dear Zindagi” star lost his parents fairly early on. Talking about the impact on him, he said: “I’m 51. I lost my dad when I was 14 or 15, and my mother when I was 25. That void never gets filled. If you lose your parents too early, you have to grow up too fast. You can’t play with toys, you have to start playing in the real world.

“I play with my children’s toys now. People find it odd, and think perhaps I’m just a good father, but that’s not true. I’m just a father who didn’t have toys.”
    He said his father passed away suddenly, and then his mother redeemed the situation for a bit.

“Then she died suddenly and we were all shaken up again. Today, I don’t know whether it’s better to lose your parents when you’re young and get over it faster, or to have them around and see them get older.

“It’s a bit childish, but I do believe they are looking out for me, stars in the sky, perhaps. I think I recognise them, but it’s quite possible I’m praying to someone else’s parents.”

Asked about his bucket list, he said: “My family used to own restaurants, so there’s a part of me that’s quite servile. I’m learning how to cook Italian food. I can make pasta, risotto and tiramisu right now - but what I really enjoy is serving people, and making sure they’re well fed. I’m building a new kitchen, so I can cook more.

I also want to learn to play the guitar well. A few years ago in Spain, I bought two really expensive guitars - one for me and one for my son Aryan - and told him that we should learn to play together. The good thing is he has, and he’s pretty good. AbRam, my three-and-a-half-year-old, is musically inclined too. If I ever do learn the guitar, we could have our own boy band.”

He also spoke of his thoughts on social media, for GQ India’s 100th issue. “We live in an age where we are over-informed. There’s a lot of noise - the TV guys think I’m five hours late, the newspaper guys feel they’re a day late - the emphasis is on putting news out there. Doesn’t matter if it’s true or not because it’s no skin off their back. But the truth is, it does matter, and there are real implications.

On social media, people say and do things that are barely legal because nothing is really regulated online. It’s like that inappropriate family member you’re always shushing because they’re being plain offensive. The digital world is full of these rude family members - sometimes it’s like they’re the only ones left.”

He eats too little, sleeps even less, drinks coffee like it’s water and smokes incessantly. What are the chances of him getting healthier in 2017? “I will be from January 5th. I’d say earlier, but on New Year’s I think, I should be drinking,” said the actor.
    http://www.hindustantimes.com/bolly...h-rukh-khan/story-cdcDGTponMZQXuEN4ZHxAK.html

rollercoast and phul thank this.
  10. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

Cover story: SRK, the Khan academy

The world’s biggest movie star, SRK, talks about failure, forgetting – and why he’s fascinated by strange minds

Shikha Sethi
    Dec 30, 2016
    Tarun Khiwal
    [​IMG]
    Photo: Tarun Khiwal

You lost your parents fairly early on. That must have had a big impact on you.

I’m 51. I lost my dad when I was 14 or 15, and my mother when I was 25. That void never gets filled. If you lose your parents too early, you have to grow up too fast. You can’t play with toys, you have to start playing in the real world. I play with my children’s toys now. People find it odd, and think perhaps I’m just a good father, but that’s not true. I’m just a father who didn’t have toys.

You spoke earlier about faith – a kind of faith that’s unreasonable, unshakeable.

My father passed away suddenly, and then my mother redeemed the situation for a bit. Then she died suddenly and we were all shaken up again. Today, I don’t know whether it’s better to lose your parents when you’re young and get over it faster, or to have them around and see them get older. It’s a bit childish, but I do believe they’re looking out for me, stars in the sky, perhaps. I think I recognize them, but it’s quite possible I’m praying to someone else’s parents.

What’s the right attitude towards money?

Don’t philosophize until you’re rich first. I used to be poor, and I can tell you there’s nothing romantic about it. When young people, friends, say they want to be great creative novelists, I advise them to be a copywriter first, make a little money. Don’t be a struggling artist; be a happy one.

What do you like spending money on?

It’s very important for me to smell good. I mix two fragrances – a Dunhill scent that’s only available at their London store as well as a Diptyque one. I’m not big on fashion, but I have a good eye. I don’t like wearing formal shoes, so I mostly buy sneakers. I recently picked up these pre-distressed, worn-in Golden Goose sneakers, which both my son and Ranbir Kapoor tell me are all the rage.

What’s on your bucket list?

My family used to own restaurants, so there’s a part of me that’s quite servile. I’m learning how to cook Italian food – I can make pasta, risotto and tiramisu right now – but what I really enjoy is serving people, and making sure they’re well fed. I’m building a new kitchen so I can cook more. I also want to learn to play the guitar well. A few years ago in Spain, I bought two really expensive guitars – one for me and one for my son Aryan – and told him that we should learn to play together. The good thing is he has, and he’s pretty good. AbRam, my three-and-a-half-year-old, is musically inclined too. If I ever do learn the guitar, we could have our own boy band.

What are your thoughts on social media?

We live in an age where we are over-informed. There’s a lot of noise – the TV guys think I’m five hours late, the newspaper guys feel they’re a day late – the emphasis is on putting news out there. Doesn’t matter if it’s true or not because it’s no skin off their back. But the truth is, it does matter, and there are real implications. On social media, people say and do things that are barely legal because nothing is really regulated online. It’s like that inappropriate family member you’re always shushing because they’re being plain offensive. The digital world is full of these rude family members – sometimes it’s like they’re the only ones left.

You eat too little, sleep even less, drink coffee like it’s water and smoke incessantly. What are the chances of your getting healthier in 2017?

I will be from January 5th. I’d say earlier, but on New Year’s I think I should be drinking.
    To read the complete interview, grab your copy of GQ India’s 100th issue, the January 2017 edition, out on stands on January 2nd, 2017.
    http://www.gqindia.com/content/cover-story-srk-khan-academy-talks-failure/#s-cust0

rollercoast and KKhan thank this.
  11. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

will look into it always great to read and see shahrukhs interviews losing parents early only man in the family huge struggle and his injuries now aswell

12. CCD_Soul

CCD_Soul New Member

"It’s very important for me to smell good. I mix two fragrances – a Dunhill scent that’s only available at their London store as well as a Diptyque one."

Dunhill??
    Diptyque??
    What type?

13. mayerdoi

mayerdoi Active Member

@ferdbouk goodevening Mrs.planetsrk, awesome interview GQ magazine with king of act creativity reality romance king SRK,because simple not complicated,I think loosing one or both parents ,so difficult &sad to anyone bec.we lost peacefully,my father pass away before seven years and make me felt lose kind of peace,I felt horrible feeling,but my mother was beside me,that helps,and she still,strong person king SRK who makes his lost return to huge success,for sure if we lost parents early we will miss everything, childhood missed,normally feeling, I have philosophy about poorness , that all people are poor in one way or another,I don't meant as how much we are rich,because we can buy everything with money but not happiness,even somebody told even with money we can,but sure not happiness &love & peacefully,my grandmother was always told me that smoking or drinking or sleep more make you healthy but your heart & soul make you healthier,but sure smoking &drinking coffee too much not good, awaiting to read full interview,thank you to give us space writing long reply,journalist fery dbouk from Lebanon tribute to beautiful arts and great civilization of India

rollercoast says thanks.
  14. mayerdoi

mayerdoi Active Member

Thank you phul

phul says thanks.
  15. mumbiene

16. natalyaK

natalyaK Well-Known Member

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg

hoora_srk, sonal and phul thank this.
  17. natalyaK