1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Shah Rukh feels kids today don't value money as much as they should.

Discussion in 'Kaun Banega Crorepati' started by srk_mai, Mar 17, 2007.

1. srk_mai

srk_mai New Member

KBC News - Kids are losing value of money says Shah Rukh

Shah Rukh feels kids today don't value money as much as they should.

[​IMG]Shah Rukh Khan is in quite a thoughtful mood these days and he says it's the youngsters coming on his show who make him stop and think. Shah Rukh says that often he meets young kids and even some young adults who don't value money.

SRK, who has come up the hard way and earned every penny that he owns today, says that youngsters today don't value money because of the elders in their families. "I don't think people my age should crib or complain about kids not valuing money because we have created it very clearly. We crib about our children being on the telephones all day long and then we pay for their mobile bills."

[​IMG]"I believe those times of musical chairs at birthday parties are over. Earlier we used to play this game at birthday parties and one kid used to win a gift at the end of the party. But now, you have goodie bags where everyone gets a prize," adds the father of two growing children.

Shah Rukh believes that parents try to compensate the lack of time with money. "Somewhere along the line I feel that people of my age group have tried to substitute time and love with their kids and measure it with material. We take that extra toy when we can't spend time with our children and so they get used to that. Everything is accessible. Everything is easy now. I don't think we should complain but it's really very sad that the value of money in kids is going down."

[​IMG]He says that often he meets youngsters on KBC who don't understand the opportunity that they are getting with this money. "I get very disturbed when some youngster takes a risk... I don't know... there was this young guy who lost at 25 lakhs or 12,50,000 rupees and he went ‘oh this doesn't make a difference’ and I was like ‘wow’. I earned my first lakh at the age of 27 ½ years old which is not very long back and I valued it very dearly. And I know my son won't and other youngsters I see today won't either. And it's very sad to see that and I think they should – we should say it but I don't know how it will happen – that they learn to give some more value for money!"

Friday, March 16, 2007

http://kbclive.indya.com/news/news_money.html

2. srkandrea

srkandrea srkandrea

he is so right. sometimes i think the same about all the young people who don`t cares about money, because they get enaugh from their elders. but elders don`t have time for them. so they compared this with money. and often children don`t know anymore how difficult it is to earn this money! so they don`t respect this.

3. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

That's so true and so sad...I see it happen so often.:( And like he said, you can't even totally blame the kid, because that's the way they're brought up.:eek:

Hopefully something will change.:rolleyes: And since he brought it up, hopefully people will listen.

Thanks Mai.::)

4. Poonam

Poonam New Member

I know how he feels - I have the same concerns as a parent. And part of it is our fault, part of it is the easy availability of a variety of products made to attract kids. I always think that though I had only a fraction of the clothes, toys, books, gadgets and comforts that my kids have, my childhood was in some ways less complicated and so much more enjoyable.

5. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

i totally agree with him well said shahrukh and thanks for sharing

6. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

true and partly coz parents want to compensate for what they missed when they were there kids ages.. they end up giving them everything they ask for. when there is abundance, things lose value..

7. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

wow he is right.... everything has become much easier now, i mean its like people have almost forgotten what it meant to struggle to do well, and its also why people take things for granted.