1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Shah Rukh does not own Mannat! [Merged]

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by srk_no1_fan, May 8, 2006.

1. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

Re: Shah Rukh does not own Mannat!

Thanks Pakiza!

I knew that there was anything wrong, but I didn't know what it was... :suspicious:
    I thought "no one can change it" was wrong...the whole night I was thinking about this...:eek:

Thanks for correcting me! :hug:

2. Tanjusik

Tanjusik New Member

It's so horrible! People simply envy him!:suspicious:

3. Poonam

Poonam New Member

The law can really be an ass..especially in India where petty , corrupt bureaucrats deliberately rake up non-issues in the hope of making money. It's unfortunate, because the really bad guys get away by paying off these bureaucrats. But I wish the media also wouldn't get into the act and report these totally unnecessary details. I'm sure Shah Rukh has enough smart lawyers to take care of these things.

4. Cosima

Cosima SRK`s heartbeat

Jealousy,:attention: There will be always somebody putting stones in Shah Rukh´s way.:suspicious:

5. srk-nihal

srk-nihal Winning Hearts

Shahrukh Khans home Mannat not on his name

Recently it was brought to notice that Amitabh Bachchan’s home ‘Jalsa’ was not transferred onto his own name, but was on the name of his sister-in law till recently. Shahrukh Khan had bought a beautiful 23,400 sq.feet bungalow in Bandra-Bandstand in 2001. However it is being said that this house too has not been transferred onto Shahrukh’s name, but remains in the name of the previous owner.

Shahrukh’s home is a beautiful palatial sea facing house, guarded by a huge high iron gate and tight security. It has been more than three years since the actor purchased the house and he has still not transferred it onto his own name, in stead the house is in the name of Bai Khorshed Bhanu Sanjana Trust. Khan purchased the bungalow from Mr. Nariman K Dubash, the trustee for around Rs 13.32 crore. Khan has renovated the entire bungalow and spruced up most of it. However a legal officer who deals in these matters claims that Shahrukh should transfer the home onto his name, because in the future if he would like to carry out any major structural changes in his property then he would face a problem. The legalities for making any changes in the structure would include permission from the owner, the person whose name the house is on.

A close aide of Shahrukh said “Shahrukh is a busy man and does not have the time to check up on all these issues. He had appointed a legal adviser to take care of his property issues.” Officials confirm that Khan’s home is not yet on his name, but they also claim that it is entirely the responsibility of the owner to arrange for all the documents and submit it to the offices. Officials are waiting for Khan or his legal aid to approach them for the procedure which only takes about 45 days. A tax official maintains “We are not going to insist that Shahrukh Khan transfer the property in his name as we are only concerned with recovering property tax and as of now there is no outstanding tax on the bungalow.”

6. akoori

akoori Well-Known Member

Re: Shahrukh Khans home Mannat not on his name

I remember reading this sometime ago too.

He always says that his home is the security for his wife, kids and sister.
    And I'm sure he's doing whatever it needs to be done.

what all do the journalists fish out and from where!

7. sheherezade

sheherezade New Member

Oh my God that is so funny!

I study law, and if Indian law is anything like English law, if the property isn't in his name, then that means he doesn't legally own it! Instead, the previous owner is actually holding it "on trust" for him and shahrukh is just living there!

How funny-all this time and if this article is true, it's not legally and formally his house yet!

8. srk-nihal

srk-nihal Winning Hearts

I hav read this also and actually i dont believe in it 100°/° too cuz Mannat belongs to Shahrukh only whatever others said specially the yellow press

9. akoori

akoori Well-Known Member

well, the news is authentic.
    There is no doubt about that. Its not yellow journalism. But transfer of land is an issue and a process a lot of us have to go thru.
    our laws are complicated as to explain it briefly.
    lets put it this way. My house is mine, land and all. But the "conveyance" of the property has not been completed yet.
    It is a legal process. And it really doesn't affect my right or anything. It will be done subsequently. We've been living in this house for 2 years.

that's why I sais, I'm sure he knows what is happening. And I'm sure he will take care of it.
    What's it to report about, is what I don't understand! its just comepltely a personal legal matter.

10. Alana

Alana New Member

@akoori :I agree with you! I think that he knows what's going on and that he knows about his rights and so on.

@Nihal I read this article some time ago, actually I think some months ago. This is not so new and has nothing to do with a "summer-rumor" because there's nothing else to write.

11. layla-val

layla-val Active Member

I've read this article somewhere else before too:) I'm sure he knows what he is doing and things will be taken care of in due course.:)

Thanks for sharing nihal:thumb:

12. srk-nihal

srk-nihal Winning Hearts

Absolutely right Layla :) thats what i am sure of also ;)

13. Poonam

Poonam New Member

Yes, it's old hat, actually. And Akoori is right. India's legal system is a bit of a lumbering old giant - things take their own sweet time. People have been known to grow old and die before their court cases got resolved!

I'm sure SRK has enough lawyers to take care of all this stuff. Articles like this one are trotted out by filmi journos when they can't get anything else to write about - just put Shah Rukh Khan on a title and you can be sure to hook a few eyeballs!!

14. Astri

Astri New Member

Yup...you're right!!!

15. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

lol yup yup yup

16. Anoush

Anoush SRK's Lovely Sister

now i don't know what is true and what is not

but i have alot of faith in srk , that is all i can say

17. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

its just stupid really they are jealous and want to trouble him and i hope the issue gets resolved soon

18. clochette

clochette New Member

I also think it's for filling empty or greedy pockets...

19. cute_srk

cute_srk Well-Known Member

Oh dear! Why are people always on Mannat's case..leave the poor house alone. thanks for posting the article.