1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Shah Rukh Confirms Birth of New Baby Boy, AbRam

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by padma, Jun 13, 2013.

1. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

I didn't even notice it. But it's true, I am very poetic.:) Sometimes on purpose even.

shahnur1990, Mara and Rayhana thank this.
  2. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

thank you Rayhana for the kind words, no harm done and no apologies needed. :hug:

Mara and Rayhana thank this.
  3. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

I don't want to get in religious discussions, but after I asked and confirmed from very reliable and very knowledgeable religious sources in Islam, there is NOTHING in our Quran or religion that prohibits surrogacy, no clear PROVEN opinion about this topic that our scholars know of as of yet. so all the rest is just personal and traditional views of human beings. moreover, Allah is the judge, no one on earth has this right. As devoted fans, we each have our personal opinions and feel differently about this subject, but to me personally I'm a fan and wish him the best in everything he does and will still love him on and off screen. everything else is subjective.

frenchfan, MaryAnnK, shahnur1990 and 9 others thanked this.
  4. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

thank you Ann :hug:

After all, what makes SRK happy makes us happy, hai na? it's his happiness that matters.

frenchfan, MaryAnnK, shahnur1990 and 2 others thanked this.
  5. shahnur1990

shahnur1990 Well-Known Member

After reading the last 10 pages of this thread the words of a Sufi Poet came to my mind. May I share this poem with you?
    I've tried my best to translate it in English... (though it doesn't rhyme with English)

Appropriate or inappropriate behaviour
    Is decided by the society you live in.
    Have you sinned or not ; Allah decides.
    He makes NONE to share in His Decision and His Rule.
    Treat your fellow men and the world in general with love,
    Be courteous to all men
    Remember until your last breath to never judge others
    No one can take over what is the Right of Allah and only Allah's.

(Yunus Emre, (1240–1321) Turkish Sufi mystic and Poet)

It's as simple as that... well, at least for me. :)

Wafa, elimeten, Mara and 6 others thanked this.
  6. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

We can't go wrong if we love others and leave the judging up to God.

Mara, Anjali72, MaryAnnK and 1 other person say thanks.
  7. SRK'sPortia

SRK'sPortia Writer of Dreams

Thank you for sharing. I try to live by these words daily. I have refrained several times since this thread began from commenting when someone brought God or religion into the conversation because I don't believe it is my place to judge or correct anyone. It's my place to love everyone no matter where you live, what language you speak, or God you believe in. :hug:

Mara, Anjali72, MaryAnnK and 3 others thanked this.
  8. Anjali72

Anjali72 Thanx Shah Rukh!!!

This is beautiful and so true! Thank you so much for sharing it. Try to have this in my mind everyday! Who am I to judge over someone I admire so much as Shah Rukh??? We all should be happy as long as he is happy and like the things/persons that make him happy!!! Really a beautiful poem!:heart:

9. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

i got on the planet ASAP when i first heard the news (just minutes ago)

i am thrilled! let me tell you, Shahrukh and Gauri have the LOVE and the financial resources to raise another child. so why wouldn't they!? have you ever thought that maybe Gauri cannot carry children anymore, maybe menopause has set in for numerous reasons and she has frozen some of her eggs, or maybe there could be serious delivery difficulties that could endanger the mother and/or the baby, etc and various other reasons? and let's not forget that Gauri already has 2 c-sections, another caesarean is extremely risky! bringing a baby into the world is always such a miracle, it is their love that created that life, no matter the circumstances. i think (as a medschool student and otherwise) that surrogacy is a miracle! i don't see anything wrong with it and i sincerely congratulate them.

and for those who think less of Shahrukh, let me tell you- i think less of you! (i did not read this whole thread and therefore i speak generally). anyone who thinks that wanting to be a loving parent is a crime/sin is just out of their mind! how can you blame someone for wanting to be a loving parent?? knowing how much that child will be loved and how much they wanted it (surrogacy is a proof that they really really wanted another baby) makes me very happy, and i respect them even more so for doing this. BRAVO!

10. Anjali72

Dea!!!!:hug:

Dea says thanks.
  11. Anjali72

Dea! Thank you so much for your words here! I am so happy to read your name here again!!!:hug:

Rayhana says thanks.
  12. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

thanks sweetie :hug: i am here on and off, i am just very busy with medschool, but next year should be easier and i shall be here more often :biggrin1: i really miss you guys!

Anjali72 says thanks.
  13. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

This article is not just about the child, but it seemed to me interesting!

Shah Rukh, Aamir Khan's surrogacy decision inspires childless couples

Priyanka Sinha Jha : Fri Jul 19 2013, 15:50 hrs

Shah Rukh Khan may have a blockbuster coming up but as always, it is his personal life that has been making headlines.
    When news first surfaced that SRK and wife Gauri had signed up for a baby by surrogacy, it seemed like a wild rumour.
    However, as things turned out, the reports turned out to be true what with Bollywood's power couple announcing the joyous addition of AbRam to their family.
    Preceding SRK was that other Bollywood premier league twosome; perfectionist actor and now activist, Aamir Khan and wife Kiran, who, long before presswallahs could get wind of it, made public their decision of opting for a surrogate baby.
    Truth be told, every aspect of a Bollywood star's life is followed with great curiosity much to their chagrin, but in going public with details on this very personal and sensitive matter, the Khan duo have rendered yeoman's service to numerous childless couples in India.
    Why, a conversation I overheard in a Mumbai local train compartment between two ladies in their 50s was rather heartening. One was inquiring after the likelihood of the other's daughter-in-law bearing her a grandchild and the lady's reply was revealing. "If her health does not permit it then they could go in for surrogacy or even adopt. After all, if bade log like Aamir Khan and Shah Rukh Khan can do it, then it surely must be okay."
    The nascent assisted reproductive technology industry — surrogacy was legalised in India in 2002 — is already a booming multimillion dollar industry within India, and yet one that is talked about in hushed tones.
    With our patriarchal social moorings, predictably, the shame of being "barren" has for most part been shouldered by women, even though men have had to bear their share of the cross of shame only through oblique references to their shortcomings in the virility department. Given the accompanying social hazards, it is understandable that matters of assisted reproduction are usually kept under wraps for as long as possible.
    Well, no longer. Aamir and Kiran's proud declaration of the arrival of Baby Azad with SRK following suit has undeniably changed that. This very public and transparent acknowledgment to put things in perspective, even if it was a corollary of their celebrity status — they would be quizzed about it sooner than later — broke several taboos all at once. In one swoop, the stigma around the procedure seems to have vanished. Suddenly, several celebrity conception miracles pulled off decades earlier seem to have found an explanation and surrogacy secrets are being shared with great pride. A far cry from the earlier embarrassment that accompanied such confidential information.
    Celebrities have been known to espouse causes but seldom has it felt as genuine as Aamir and Kiran's unapologetic and informative conversations on the subject. And Shah Rukh following suit has helped the cause further.
    A film star's biggest virtue they say, is to convincingly pull off unimaginable feats on the 70mm screen, sometimes even compelling their audiences to follow suit.
    Now they seem to be setting a fine example off screen too and for a good cause at that.
    http://www.indianexpress.com/news/s...decision-inspires-childless-couples/1143685/0

Rayhana and Anjali72 thank this.
  14. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

thank you Dea, good to see you :hug:

Dea says thanks.
  15. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

:hug: good to see you too sweetheart!

16. Rayhana

Rayhana Well-Known Member

Did I just read Dea's name again?! This is so cool I hope your back for good..I really miss reading your comments,yaar.:kiss::hug:

Dea says thanks.
  17. semsem008

semsem008 Well-Known Member

sorry friends if i got to hurt anyone feelings with my point of view considering the subject.. any talk against shahrukh it tend to hurt us.. i know that
    but also i dont like the accusation of being judgmental for not liking an issue or any action of shahrukh... my feelings, liking or not liking is my thing to decide or choose
    no one forced me to like him at the first place and no one will prevent me from not liking him if i choose that now... i am free with my feelings..but if i am really a judgmental i think i wouldnt like him at the first place or i wouldnt like any one on earth as everyone has flaws or doing something wrong... so what i want to say..i am not judgmental.. i dont hate him..he is still kind and caring... hating is extreme and not good in any case

i want to say also that my point of view considering the subject was based mainly on religion . i didnt want to mention and get into discussion about religion or so .. so i didnt talk about religion..but i think it will be ok in shahrukh case if he considers the surrogate mother to be abRram nany forexample... to take care of her and consider her real children to be like abRam brothers and sisters.. they cant be married... also her other surrogate children to be traced and to be considered also like brothers and sisters... i think if they can be traced and be known to the world that they are brothers and sisters by birth or by surrogacy or whatever.. it may be ok then..they wont be more then 5 ..of course i am not aware of the circumstances or the surrogate mother conditions.. i am just assuming that there are other children..
    i think shahrukh will do all of that...i thought at first it cant be obtained but now i know it can be obtained so this thinking makes me feel better...i want to feel better....i know that it seems to some people that this is bullshit this what i am saying... and science came to change this kind of thinking.. the miracle of science and so... but this is me.. if i am accused of being closed minded.. so be it... i am ok with that
    i think if the miracle of science will allow clones and i think it will be soon...shahrukh will make a clone for his mother .. as he can do that.. it is some how will have the same discussion and be the same controversial.. but hope i dont see that.. i dont want to see these kind of science miracles

but at the end i am apologizing again... i didnt mean any harm just saying what i need to say.... so peace to you all

Anjali72, mira_khan and rubyroo thank this.
  18. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

whoa yaar that's so sweet!!! :kiss: indeed i am back for good! :eyebrows:

19. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Shah Rukh Khan would like son AbRam to be untouched by the world

Press Trust of India : Mumbai, Wed Aug 07 2013, 13:45 hrs
    Superstar Shah Rukh Khan feels that its unfair to subject new-born AbRam to his life, which is constantly under media glare and wants his son to remain untouched by this job hazard.
    Gauri and Shah Rukh Khan's baby boy, through surrogacy was reportedly born on May 27 at 34 weeks of pregnancy. After spending almost seven weeks in the hospital, he is back home now. The couple already has two children. Aryan and Suhana.
    "I am very happy that I am blessed by such a beautiful child. AbRam is my best production. I would not like to talk a lot about him because a lot of people have already spoken a lot of things before he deserved to or before my family or I could say anything. I think it was unfair for people to know half-truth and talk about it but I don't hold it against anyone," Shah Rukh told PTI.
    "It is depressing and sad that someone who has just entered this world is subjected to my life. I would like him to be untouched by the world as much as possible," he said.
    While talking about his son, SRK seemed a bit emotional. The 47-year-old actor did not wish to talk about his health.
    Also, there were media reports that a pre-natal sex determination test had been conducted, following which the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) had sent a team to SRK's residence to ascertain the facts. The team, however, was turned away and SRK has rubbished all these speculations.
    This Eid King Khan has two reasons to cheer his new born son and Chennai Express, which releases on August 9.
    "This Eid is really going to be very special because I have a new member in my family... everything else is secondary. I am going to celebrate it with my family and close friends," Shah Rukh said.
    http://www.indianexpress.com/news/s...n-abram-to-be-untouched-by-the-world/1152309/

Mara, rubyroo, Rayhana and 1 other person say thanks.
  20. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

Marlies my dear thank you so much for the wonderful Article. It has 2 Sides more the Article is much longer. But so wonderful. Thank you for sharing it with us. Is it ok to post the rest?

The actor has not slept for days courtesy hectic promotions of Chennai Express.
    "I have not slept for nine days but I still feel good. Even if I take bath now I am sure I will feel alright. I can stay awake for three more days," he smiles even as he apologises for keeping the media waiting at his residence Mannat for hours.
    Hurrying to wrap up the interview to get reviews from close pals including Farah Khan and Farhan Akhtar after the special screening of Chennai Express, he avers, "I had not done comedy films in many years like I did earlier Badshaah, Duplicate, Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani etc. I have done four-five Hindi films but at that time comedy films were not given much status than romantic or action films."
    SRK says he is in a state of mind where he wants to have fun, joke around and make people laugh and hence he chose to do Chennai Express.
    In the promos of Chennai Express Shah Rukh does not shy away from telling that he plays a 40-year-old Rahul.
    "I am 47-year-old in real and I am playing 40 or 27 year old in films, which means I am still lying. I am an actor and we are supposed to do whatever the character demands. The idea of the film is at the age of 25, 30 our way of life changes or something happens in our lives whether it is due to education, profession or marriage. So in this film here is a guy who is untouched even at the age of 40," he added.
    Besides, romancing Deepika Padukone for the second time, Shah Rukh is also seen doing action but in Rohit Shetty style.
    SRK says it was easy for him to do action in Chennai Express due to safety measures in place.
    "Ra.One was the most difficult thing, it had dangerous action. Now there are enough safety measures but still people get hurt, you feel injured and tired. There are days when you need to take off and go for X-Rays but that is all part and parcel of the job I do. It is not difficult to do anything. Jackie Chan has 85 broken bones and is alright I just have seven," he said.
    Considering Rohit is known for doing over the top action in his film, SRK reveals there is action in this film but its comic in a sense. "There is intense action in the end but that is for last four-five minutes," SRK added.

Rayhana, Mara, rubyroo and 1 other person say thanks.