1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Shabana's RNBDJ Album Review!

Discussion in 'Music Reviews - Members' started by Shabana_SRK, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

Hey guys! Well i got my copy of the Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi Soundtrack. So i decided to share my thoughts on the album. Please remember these are my opinions and I don't want anyone to take them personally!! everyone is free to agree of disagree.

Well first i want to talk about the music directors salim-sulieman. They got their start with Kaal and have now established themselves as a leading music duo. They also have composed backround scores for many films such as Fanaa. I believe that salim-sulieman have the magic touch of simplicity. The music has such simple beats and a natural flow of instruments. Jaideep Sahni wrote the beautiful and simple lyrics to the songs. A trademark of simplicity on a grand scale is what I think of Sahni's work. For example films like Bunty aur Babli and Chak De India have had that trademark.

The songs
    1. Tujh Mein Rab Dikhta Hai-Roopakumar Rathod
    This song absolutely amazing! rathod's soothing voice is perfect for the beat and lyrics of the song. The chorus line is my favorite part. This is a song that everyone can connect to.

2. Haule Haule-Sukhwinder Singh
    Well sukhwinder is singing what more can I say? well this song is very different from chaiyaa chaiyaa, kuch kariye and dard-e-disco. A romantic ballad with wonderful poetic expressions. This song is an automatic hit. I didn't think that I could love sukhwinder more but after this i do. Their is something different in his voice in the song. A fresh crisp sound that we have not heard from singh recently.

3. Dance Pe Chance-Sunidhi Chauhan & Labh Janjua
    This song is really upbeat and fun. Chauhan's voice as always sounds amazing especially in a style like this. Janjua fits this song so well but i wonder how well he fits SRK. I really love his voice i do believe that he will. I think the best part of this song as well as the first song is the chorus line!.

4.Phir Milenge Chalte Chalte-Sonu Nigaam
    This is favorite song in the album. Nigaam is my favorite male singer and I must say its nice to hear his voice like this!! His golden voice fits so well with the tributes to the legendary film heroes. Of course my favorite is the the Rishi Kapoor tribute. I love the hum kise se kum nahin hai verse and how they also mention Chandani. I am really excited to see this song picturised!

5. Tujh Mein Rab Dikhta Hai-Sherya Ghoshal
    Ghoshal is my favorite female singer and i am happy that salim-sulieman used her for this song. Her soft and tranquil voice does wonders to the song. She brings the lyrics to life. I only wish the song was longer.

6. Dancing Jodi-Instrumental
    A remix of all the wonderful songs of the album!! This track makes you want to get up and dance!!

All in all this is a wonderful soundtrack. I have no negative comments to make on this album. The only thing that is bothering me is that from what I heard and visualized, their is no song that it the jodi shares their love. For example suraj hua madham in K3G or Tuba Tumhare in Chalte Chalte. I give this album a 5/5

2. rahulsn011

rahulsn011 Well-Known Member

Excellent review Shabana! You write really well. Very nicely compiled together and reading your review and knowing what you think is great too!
    Although there is no particular love song that the jodi can dance to that is because of the greatness of the movie. All the songs are situational and this is what most critics have not understood. Do not worry about the visuals, nothing can go wrong if it is by SRK-Adi-YRF!

3. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

Shabana!!
    thank you yaar!
    that was awsome review..
    i agree with Tujh Mein Rab Dekhta Hai [female version] wish it was longer! her voice does bring life to the song... :hug:

4. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

ya totally. the critics have not understood that simplicity is the greatest feature of all. after listening to the songs again and again I know that this will be a wonderful movie only 7 days!!

5. irene

irene Active Member

thanks for review, well written, you did not mention the lovely cover, I have never seen one like that, 3 d or what ever it's called - classy man