1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Sad News about Yash Chopra

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by Ella, Oct 21, 2012.

1. iamsrking

iamsrking Well-Known Member

begun raining from mid-night, now I knew the reason ... R.I.P Yashji

2. frenchfan

frenchfan mornings best dealt with dark as nite coffee.

I don't even manage to find the words ...

3. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan at Yash Chopra's funeral

Bollywood | Posted on Oct 22, 2012 at 04:42pm IST

Mumbai: Yash Chopra was cremated here Monday in the presence of teary-eyed friends, family and fans, who came in hordes to pay their last respects to the master filmmaker, who died of multi-organ failure.
    The last rites of the filmmaker, who died Sunday evening at the Lilavati Hospital here, were conducted at the Vile Parle crematorium at 3 PM. His body, covered with flowers and garlands, was taken to the crematorium in an ambulance from Yash Raj Studios.
    Celebrities including Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Adnan Sami, Mukesh Bhatt, Preity Zinta, Anil Sharma, Pradeep Sarkar, Ritesh Sidhwani, Prateik, Manish Malhotra, Shreyas Talpade, Raj Kundra, Rohit Shetty, Satish Kaushik, Javed Akhtar, Kirron Kher, Siddharth Roy Kapur, and Gauhar Khan, attended the last rites.
    Chopra is survived by wife Pamela and two sons - Aditya and Uday. He was 80. He was on the verge of wrapping up his last directorial 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan', which will release Nov 13.
    http://ibnlive.in.com/news/shah-rukh-khan-amitabh-bachchan-at-yash-chopras-funeral/301663-8-66.html

MaryAnnK and paria thank this.
  4. phul

I still can't belive it. I saw they show Shah Ruhks Interview with Yash Chopra. To see this and to know that Yash Chopras Vioce is
    silenced for ever mades me so sad.

paria says thanks.
  5. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Oh my god...i´m 4 days offline and just I read this bad news.
    i can`t believe this, i saw him in london, full energy, i have no words

6. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

it was very shocking san and literally stunned me it is a loss that can never be recovered ever ive always regarded yashji as the best director of bollywood his excellance brilliance passion and motivation gives legacy and veteran a whole new meaning i still cant beleive it very sad news my heart is with his family and may god bless his soul in heaven and give courage to his loved ones sadly a diamand priceless and immortal era has come to an end you will never be forgotten yashji mmay allah bless you ameen i still cant beleive it you were are and will always be the best yashji love you

7. mumbiene

Dengue takes romance out of Bollywood; a Silsila ends

Published: Monday, Oct 22, 2012, 9:00 IST
    By Somita Pal | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA

Veteran filmmaker Yash Chopra, 80, died in Bandra’s Lilavati hospital on Sunday, a week after he was admitted and diagnosed with dengue fever.
    A source said Chopra was critical during his hospital stay. “He was ill for some time and delayed coming in for treatment. After being admitted, his platelet count dropped and he suffered multiple organ failure,” said the doctor, requesting anonymity.
    Chopra is survived by wife Pamela and sons filmmaker Aditya Chopra and actor-producer Uday Chopra.
    Friends across the Hindi film industry expressed sadness at the passing of the ‘King of Romance’. “Yashji had a trademark style of presenting love and romance. He will be missed and remembered forever,” said filmmaker Subhash Ghai.
    “I’m shocked! Yashji was a true veteran. An era is over with his passing. He’ll be missed,” said actress Kajol.
    Chopra is best remembered for redefining celluloid romance in films such as Chandni, Lamhe and Dil Toh Pagal Hai. He also made social dramas, including Deewar, Trishul, Kabhie Kabhie and Silsila. Most of his films, irrespective of the genre, went on to become blockbusters.
    Chopra’s death throws the spotlight on dengue fever in Mumbai that has reported the most cases in the state, according to government statistics. This rise in cases has been attributed to the fluctuating weather and extended monsoon that created a perfect breeding ground for mosquitoes.
    “Less than 1% of all dengue cases are fatal,” said Dr Khusrav Bajan, consultant intensivist, PD Hinduja hospital who handles at least seven cases a day. However, the old and infirm, like Chopra, fall in the high-risk category. Elderly people with co-morbid factors like diabetes and low immunity have a high risk of succumbing to dengue, emphasised Bajan.
    Doctors also warned against a delay in consulting a doctor in case of fever. “Symptoms of dengue include pain behind the eyes, body ache and high fever,” said Dr Pratit Samdhani, consultant physician, Jaslok hospital.
    —With inputs from Shabana Ansari
    Cremation on Monday
    The funeral of filmmaker Yash Chopra will be held at 3pm today at the Chandanwadi crematorium in South Mumbai.
    Well-wishers can pay their respects at the Yash Raj Films studio in Andheri from 9am to 12 noon on Monday, a Yash Raj Films spokesperson said.
    http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report_dengue-takes-romance-out-of-bollywood-a-silsila-ends_1754861

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  8. mumbiene

Yash Chopra cremated
    By PTI, Monday, October 22, 2012
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    With moist eyes and prayers on their lips, family and friends bid farewell to Indian cinema's King of romance Yash Chopra at a crematorium in Mumbai this afternoon.

Bedecked with flowers, Chopra's body was brought to the Pawan Hans crematorium in Juhu in an ambulance, with only family members and close friends inside, including his sons Aditya and Uday, and actors Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan.

The mortal remains of the 80-year-old filmmaker were consigned to flames amid the presence of his family members, relatives and a number of Bollywood celebrities.

The body was kept at the Yash Raj Films studio since last night for people to pay their respects.

Several Bollywood celebrities including Rani Mukerji, Preity Zinta, Prasoon Joshi, Mukesh Bhatt, Raj Kundra, Suresh Oberoi, Siddharth Roy Kapoor, Kiran Rao, Rohit Shetty, Bharat Shah, Adnan Sami, Rajpal Yadav and Homi Adjania were present at the crematorium.

There was chaos outside the Yash Raj Films studio as hundreds of people turned up to catch a glimpse of the filmmaker.

Chopra passed away at the Lilavati hospital at 5.30 PM yesterday due to dengue and multiple organ failure.

Salman Khan, Karan Johar, Dilip Kumar with wife Sairo Banu, Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Jaya, Madhur Bhandarkar, Anil Kapoor, Sridevi, Boney Kapoor, Kajol, Dimple Kapadia, Rinkie Khanna and others started coming since yesterday at Lilavati hospital, his residence in Juhu and YRF studio in Andheri to pay their last respects.

Chopra, who celebrated his 80th birthday on September 27, had announced his retirement from direction after a career spanning five deacades.

Jab Tak Hai Jaan, his 22nd and last film, starring SRK, Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma is slated to release on November 13. A song from the film was to be shot in Switzerland on a grand level but the trip had to be cancelled after Chopra was admitted to Lilavati hospital on October 13.

Born on September 27, 1932 in Lahore, now in Pakistan, Chopra was the youngest of eight children, one of whom was elder brother B R Chopra, who was already an established name in the film industry.

Chopra came to Mumbai with Rs 200 in his pocket and dreams of becoming a filmmaker though his family wanted him to take up the profession of engineering.

He started his journey in the film industry as an assistant to I S Johar and later worked under his elder brother, making his directorial debut in 1959 with Dhool Ka Phool.

A trendsetter, Chopra directed Dharamputra, Ittefaq and Indian cinema's first multi-starrer Waqt.

He set up his own production company Yash Raj Films in 1970 and made his first movie Daag under the new banner. Chopra then helmed Deewar, which gave Amitabh Bachchan the image of Angry young man. He directed other intense films like Trishul, Kaala Patthar, Mashaal, Vijay before shifting to romance genre with Silsila and Kabhie Kabhie, again with Bachchan.

Romance became the main element in Chopra's later films like Chandni, Lamhe, Dil Toh Pagal Hai and Veer-Zaara.

Chopra is also remembered for making the careers of many Bollywood actors, including Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan.

Later, the family of the veteran filmmaker, including his sons Aditya and Uday, took the body in an ambulance to Pawan Hans crematorium in Juhu for the last rites.

A bus was arranged for staff members of the YRF studio who want to go to the crematorium ground while the celebrities drove in their own vehicles.

In the morning, a number of celebrities came to pay their last respects to Chopra at the Yash Raj Films studio, where his body was kept from last night.
    http://www.filmicafe.co/news/Yash-Chopra-cremated

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  9. raksha anantharam

raksha anantharam Well-Known Member

Dunno whether to post this or not.. It's just...............

Saw Zoom tv @ 7p.m. today.. Srk was sitting outside Yashji's ward @ lilavati hospital,Mumbai.. He looked totally shattered & broken.. He was touching his hair every sec, he was very deep-in-thoughts.. Salman khan came out.. Saw Shahrukh, called katrina out.. katrina came out, bt went out hand-in-hand.. Shahrukh ws sitting on floor.. I couldn't control.. I wanted to hug him & say everything will b alright, Wanted 2 hold Shahrukh in my arms & cry out.. but couldn't.. I was sitting in my bean bag & cried silently..I couldn't see Shahrukh like tat.. His make-up man died 3 days ago & now Yashji.. My heart is heavy.. Want to console Shahrukh.. Wanted to tell please stop crying.. I never saw Shahrukh like tat before..This will always remain in my heart.. I'll nt be able to forget this..

MaryAnnK, iamsrking, nika and 2 others thanked this.
  10. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

Watching the people showing up for the funeral, I was struck with how many of men and women showed up alone. A few pictures of SRK showed him alone with his body guards. He looked like he needed Suhana and a good hug-a lot of them. Aryan must have gone back to school. Another picture showed Gauri showing up separately with a woman friend. Is all this separation traditional in India? In the USA, whole families go to funerals together and give emotional support to each other.

11. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

Thanks for the video reference. Zoom's website has a one minute video that must be part of the broadcast you mentioned. I feel like you do, reading your post, but was comforted when, at the end of the video, SRK and Gauri leave together. She was there for him.

paria says thanks.
  12. raksha anantharam

raksha anantharam Well-Known Member

Oh ok.. They didn't show that part in tv.. I would've watched that.. i'm feeling better know..thanks

Mara says thanks.
  13. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

so the final journey has been completed now.

Inna Lillahi wa inna ilaihi Raji'un. (Surely we belong to God and to Him we shall return)
    Rest in Peace Yashji & Ravi dada.

MaryAnnK and Mara thank this.
  14. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

I was informed about this tragic news yesterday, it was shocking to say the least. He didn't even get to enjoy the release and success of his last film. May his soul R.I.P. very sad :((

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  15. phul

Yash Chopra’s Chautha ceremony to be held tomorrow at YRF studios
    Dailybhaskar.com | Oct 24, 2012, 10:26AM IST
    Filmmaker Yash Chopra's stardom is eternal and this was apparent when people from the showbiz industry turned in huge numbers to pay their last respects to him. The legendary filmmaker, who was undergoing treatment for dengue at the Lilavati Hospital in Mumbai, passed away on October 21, 2012.
    Yash’s Chautha ceremony will be held tomorrow at YRF studios from 6 to 7pm.
    His last rites were performed in Mumbai on Monday. His body was taken from Yash Raj Studios to Pawan Hans crematorium in an ambulance. Sons Aditya and Uday Chopra and filmmaker Karan Johar were present in the ambulance. Yash’s funeral procession comprised of a bus with employees of his studio. The cremation ceremony saw the presence of his family members and several celebrities - Shah Rukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai, Adnan Sami, Manish Malhotra, Shreyas Talpade, Raj Kundra, Mukesh Bhatt, Preity Zinta, Anil Sharma, Pradeep Sarkar, Ritesh Sidhwani, Prateik, Rohit Shetty, Satish Kaushik, Javed Akhtar, Kirron Kher, Siddharth Roy Kapur, and Gauhar Khan.
    http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/EN...held-tomorrow-at-yrf-studios-3963262-NOR.html

paria and MaryAnnK thank this.
  16. natacha

natacha member

He has done so many movies that were masterpieces for the indian cinema.He is a legend!I am not sure there will be another director as good as he was.May he rest in peace.

paria says thanks.
  17. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

god bless him still cant beleive it inshallah this film will be the biggest success

semsem008 says thanks.
  18. mumbiene

Shahrukh, Big B, Sridevi attend Yash Chopra’s chautha

By: Bollywood Mantra Staff on 25th October 2012

[​IMG]
    The chautha ceremony of ace filmmaker Yash Chopra was held today at Yash Raj studio. Many Bollywood celebrities with their attendance showed that they stand by the family during this hard time. Yash Chopra died on October 21st due to dengue attack and multi-organ failure at Lilavati hospital. He was cremated the next day. The chautha was held today between 6pm to 7pm today.
    Shahrukh Khan who starred in many hit films of Yash Chopra arrived sharp at 5 o’clock followed by Amitabh Bachchan, Sridevi, Katrina Kaif, Jitendra, Sanjay Kapoor, Ashutosh Gowarikar. Shakti Kapoor, Dolly Bindra, Parineeti, Sashi Kapoor, Juhi Chawla, Shweta Nanda, Anuskha Sharma, Boney Kapoor, Rani Mukerji, Karan Johar, Farah Khan, Gauri Khan, Soha Ali Khan, Javed Akhtar Subhash Ghai, Daboo Ratnani and Abbas Mastaan also attended the chautha.
    Known as the ‘King Of Romance’, Yash Chopra has changed the facet of Indian cinema. He has poured life into Indian cinema and has many blockbusters under his credits. On his 80th birthday, Yash Chopra declared his retirement from film direction. ‘Jab Tak Hain Jaan’ which is slated to release this Diwali was his last film.
    Many Bollywood celebrities said that they owe their career and success to Yash Chopra. Yashji has firmed the foot of many stars of the past and the present. Yash Raj banner films are always waited with bated breathe. He has given his entire life to movies. He is survived by two sons Aditya Chopra and Uday Chopra and wife Pamela Chopra.
    Both the sons are very close to their father and the two sons totally shattered with the demise of their father. Amitabh Bachchan who starred in many Yash Raj blockbusters said that he deserved to live longer.
    http://www.bollywoodmantra.com/news/shahrukh-katrina-sridevi-attend-yash-chopras-chautha/10043/

Mara, iamsrking, Tash and 2 others thanked this.
  19. iamsrking

iamsrking Well-Known Member

Shah Rukh Khan recollects moments spent with Yash Chopra on his Chautha!
    Tina Krishnan | Oct 25, 2012, 20:32PM IST

Shah Rukh Khan, the Badshah of Bollywood was seen with a heavy heart and voice on the chautha of the legendary filmmaker Yash Chopra. The actor came in a white Kurta Pyajama and spoke his heart out. He spoke about all the beautiful moments he spent with the director.

Shah Rukh in a heavy voice said, "I have lost a father figure. When we were shooting in Kashmir Yashji told me that this is his last film, that time I couldn't understand what he means by that but today I have understood it all."

The actor added, "Yashji had a different quality in him. Whenever he called up he use to introduce himself and say 'Hello Yash Bol raha hoon'. Then he would ask me, ' where are you?' as soon as I gave the answer he just use to hang up the phone without listening what I had to tell him."

SRK concluded by saying, "I'm happy that he had a painless death in his sleep. I'm sure Allah miya wanted to some entertainment and he took Yashji from us. I'm happy now the people back in heaven will get to see some good cinema and shiffon saris."

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/EN...th-yash-chopra-on-his-chauth-3967224-NOR.html

Rayhana, Anjali72, mumbiene and 2 others thanked this.
  20. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Those werre sweet words he said about Yash-ji. :(

Rayhana says thanks.