1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Rumored Cast of Rohit Shetty's 'Dilwale'

Discussion in 'Moviewala' started by mumbiene, Feb 17, 2015.

1. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Katrina Kaif to be the leading lady in Shah Rukh Khan-Rohit Shetty's 'Dilwale'
    Tuesday, 17 February 2015 - 1:37pm IST | Agency: dna webdesk
    After speculations were rife that Kajol has been roped in to play the leading lady, we now hear it's Katrina who has bagged the role.
    • [​IMG]
    Rohit Shetty's next with Shah Rukh Khan has been in news for the longest time. With speculations and conjectures doing the rounds about the film's cast, the title and everything else, it's now final that Katrina Kaif will be the leading lady in the film, which is now titled 'Dilwale'.

While rumours were doing the rounds about Kajol being roped in for the film, now it's confirmed that it will be Kat who will be playing heroine to Shah Rukh's character in the film. SRK and Katrina were previously seen together in Yash Chopra's swan song 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan'. Katrina has joined the cast which already has SRK, Varun Dhawan and Kriti Sanon in it.

There have also been talks of the film being a remake of 'Hum', 'Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi' and 'Angoor' but Rohit has openly confirmed that his film is not a remake. Rather, its an original script written by Sajid-Farhad. Also, it's learnt that Rohit has tentatively titled his film Dilwale. Now that might remind you of SRK's DDLJ and even Ajay Devgn's film of the same name. Given that Ajay and Rohit are best buddies, even the copyright issues for the title have been worked out.
    http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainme...shah-rukh-khan-rohit-shetty-s-dilwale-2061727

MaryAnnK, Mara and tasifa thank this.
  2. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

:lalala:

tasifa says thanks.
  3. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

I hope this is genuine news. I personally need SRK movie news to get me through the coming cricket black out. Cricket season is like a black hole that swallows up everything in its path.
    Dilwali means brave hearted, doesn't it? I've seen it somewhere before. ;) Dil means heart. :heart: So does wali mean brave? Like Indiawaale -does that mean brave Indians? I think of the word "valiant" in English.
    Ancient languages where words come from and the way words have changed yet stayed the same over time in related communities around the world are fascinating for me.
    From Dictionary.com: Valiant:"from Old French vaillant, from valoir to be of value, from Latin valēreto be strong"
    "Word Origin and History for valiant. early 14c. (late 12c. in surnames), from AngloFrench and Old French valliant "stalwart, brave," from present participle of valoir "be worthy,"originally "be strong," from Latin valere "be strong, be well, be worth, have power, be able," from PIE root *wal- "be strong" (cf. Old English wealdan"to rule," Old High German -walt, wald "power" (in personal names), OldNorse valdr "ruler," Old Church Slavonic vlasti "to rule over,"
    Lithuanian valdyti "to have power," Celtic *walos- "ruler," Old Irish flaith "dominion,"Welsh gallu "to be able"). Related: Valiantly."
    Why did Dictionary.com leave out the Sanskrit and Hindi? They all come from the ancient Indo-European language.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    MaryAnnK says thanks.
  4. tasifa

tasifa which means Blue Eyes in Thai.

Didn't Rohit said that Shahrukh and he decided to wait a month before disclosing the name of the heroine? I will believe it when Rohit or Shahrukh announce it themselves. And I hope it is not Katrina. It's probably the only Shahrukh leading lady that I really don't like with him. I was pretty new to Shahrukh's fandom when I saw JTHJ and my first impression of her was that she was a cold actress. I thought the chimistry with Anushka was outstanding, but with Katrina it was lacking. Not on Shahrukh's part, but on Katrina's . And I certainly don't want them kissing again. Sorry just my opinion. :)

Baree, Dea, darina4srk and 2 others thanked this.
  5. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

Shah Rukh will be so hot, does it really matter who he’s kissing? I have to see his movie 8-10 times before I start noticing the other actors.
    Yes, Katrina is the worse actress among her peers but perhaps she’ll be kissing Varum with Kriti and not SRK. Kriti looks so much like Katrina anyway, it will be hard to tell which one Varum is kissing.
    Doesn’t SRK play a rejected lover who as a result hates women? Perhaps Shetty will still bring in Kajol in a cameo as SRK’s first love. Shah Rukh spoke of a “casting coup” for the film. Katrina and Varum are hardly that. Kajol was interviewed recently, asked about the movie, and the way she said “I am not at liberty to discuss that right now” sounded hopeful. She’s so honest and outspoken, she could have responded with “Bakwas!” if it weren’t true.

We won’t know for sure until SRK or Shetty tells us.

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  6. tasifa

Katrina Kaif NOT doing Rohit Shetty’s next starring Shah Rukh Khan!
    [​IMG] Wed, February 18, 2015 5:11pm IST by Namrata Thakker 5 Comments
    [​IMG]
    While rumors are doing the rounds that Kat is doing Rohit Shetty’s next film, sources close to the actress clarify that she has not signed any film with the director…
    A lot has been speculated about the star cast of Rohit Shetty’s next untitled project. While Shah Rukh Khan and Varun Dhawan are very much on board, few media reports claim that Katrina Kaif will be paired opposite King Khan in the film. However, that is not the case at all. Yes, Ranbir Kapoor’s ladylove hasn’t singed Shetty’s upcoming directorial venture. Official sources have confirmed to us that Ms Kaif is only doing Fitoor, Jagga Jasoos and Excel Entertainment ‘s next with Sidharth Malhotra which will be directed by newbie Nitya Mehra.

Says a source, “While there has been a lot of speculation about Katrina’s upcoming films – she has not signed any film with Rohit Shetty and is currently committed to only Fitoor, Jagga Jasoos and Nitya Mehra’s film with Siddharth Malhotra under the Excel banner.”

Not too long ago, reports were also doing the rounds about Kajol playing the female protagonist in Rohit’s film. However, the Singham Returns director hasn’t officially announced the star cast of his next. Well, let’s hope he does soon because rumours surrounding his film won’t die down easily!

http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-g...ng-rohit-shettys-next-starring-shahrukh-khan/

MaryAnnK, Dea, Alenka and 2 others thanked this.
  7. luxia

luxia I'm demented...

Phew! :thumb:

rollercoast, Rishima62 and tasifa thank this.
  8. tasifa

I'm with you on this Luxia.

Rishima62 says thanks.
  9. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

my reaction the title was :hell no! :fear: lol :lol: she's been getting bad reviews lately (hard to see why she hasn't been getting them all along) maybe her career is coming to an end :biggrin1: i don't mean to be rude but she must be the most overrated A-list actresses in BW, hands down

tasifa says thanks.
  10. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

I don't know if this column is considered too gossipy or not, but it's one of my favorites for Bollywood news not found anywhere else. Do you think SRK could play a twenty-some romancing Alia Bhatt in a flashback sequence? Sure. Why not? She's one of my favorites in the new crop of actresses.

"The casting of the female leads in Rohit Shetty’s next is fast becoming the most talked about subject in Bollywood. We know already that the film will star his Chennai Express leading man Shah Rukh Khan, and it appears that Varun Dhawan will play SRK’s younger sibling. But details about the heroines who will be paired opposite them are as still sketchy. Everyone from Kajol and Madhuri Dixit-Nene to Aishwarya Rai Bachchan has reportedly been considered for the part opposite Shah Rukh, but Rohit is remaining tight- lipped about who will eventually land the role. Meanwhile, he’s staying equally secretive about the second female lead, although reports had recently emerged that Heropanti discovery Kriti Sanon was in contention. Now one hears that Alia Bhatt got a narration from the director too, and she may be in the running as well."
    http://www.openthemagazine.com/article/voices/talk-of-the-town

11. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

luxia says thanks.
  12. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

considering he played a character way closer to his age in CE than any of his recent film makes me think Rohit won't go with a character half Shahrukh's age this time either. as per the female lead i really don't care as long as it's not a 20-something actress again lol. oh and i know i mentioned this before but i'm so sick of new comers. BW has exceptional talent amongst the senior actresses whom i think are not exploited to their full potential anymore

rollercoast says thanks.
  13. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

A "massive star cast"? "10 character actors" So we might see Katrina, Kajol, Alia, and Aishwarya in Shetty's next. Now that's a casting coup.

“They need over 10 character actors to add to the massive star cast. They will be seen in supporting roles, but they will each have strong, impactful parts to play in the film,” says the source."

SRK, Katrina to team up again after Jab Tak Hai Jaan?

• Shalvi Mangaokar, Hindustan Times, New Delhi Updated: Feb 17, 2015 03:21 IST

Shah Rukh Khan is currently busy wrapping up his new film with Aditya Chopra, and next, he will be ready to roll with Katrina Kaif as his leading lady in Rohit Shetty’s drama.

The shoot for Shetty’s film, also starring Varun Dhawan, will start towards the end of March. An industry insider reveals, “SRK and Varun will play brothers. Word has it that Katrina Kaif has been approached for the lead alongside SRK, while Kriti Sanon will be paired with Varun. The story is loosely based on Hum (1991), but by no means a remake. It’s the story of two brothers.”

While Katrina messaged saying “no” to being part of the film, the insider reveals that announcements about the project will be made in March.

The source adds that the makers are also looking for a stellar supporting cast for the film. “They need over 10 character actors to add to the massive star cast. They will be seen in supporting roles, but they will each have strong, impactful parts to play in the film,” says the source.

The schedule of the film will last for about three months and will be shot across Mumbai and Goa. The makers, we’re told, are aiming for a Christmas release this year — the time of the year that sees SRK’s big annual release. We tried contacting Shetty, but he remained unavailable for comment.
    http://www.hindustantimes.com/bolly...-after-jab-tak-hai-jaan/article1-1317693.aspx

14. tasifa

As long as Rohit or Shahrukh will stay silent, the journos will print whatever they want. Like I said, I'm waiting for when the concerned party will officially make an announcement. :)

rollercoast says thanks.
  15. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

I don't like the sound of a massive star cast. I'd rather the film focus solely on SRK's character. Who cares about other characters in such a film?

gauri_fairy, rollercoast and Rishima62 thank this.
  16. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

We SRK fans may feel like that, but there are other actors out there with their fan followings. :) Shetty's films are so out and out commercial that he will probably bring in a number of cameos for the star pull they bring, rather than their characters in the movie. :wof: It worked well for Farah in OSO. I can think of one or two that would be fun to see flying across the screen in orchestrated car crashes. :evil:

17. tasifa

Seventeen!
    Wednesday, 25 February 2015 - 6:00am IST | Place: Mumbai | Agency: dna | From the print edition

That's how many actors will feature in Rohit Shetty's next with SRK!
    • [​IMG] Dabboo Ratnani
    It's difficult to get two big stars share screen space in the same film today. But it's possible to get a big star and a newbie and a host of middle-order actors together. Only Rohit Shetty can manage a feat like this. In his next with Shah Rukh Khan-Kajol and Varun Dhawan-Kirti Sanon, the director has maneged to rope in an impressive cast.

We know this how? Well, the star of his next, Shah Rukh Khan told us as much. As many as 17 big-ticket actors are expected to share screen space with him in what will most likely be a multistarrer. And not just for a song or special appearance, all 17

Says, SRK, "The only thing we are keeping under the wraps is the title of the film, which will have 17 actors in all." So why hasn't the cast been announced yet? Till everyone has signed on the dotted line yet, it's ot prudent to talk about the casting. "I am old-school that way, maybe. I believe in documents and the paperwork to happen first. It needs to be signed first before we talk about it. We should not announce it just because we had a talk about it with certain people and are keen to have them on board", he added.
    He did reveal that the film was going on floors, shortly, "We start shooting for the film March 4 onwards. So by March 20, we will have the entire cast in hand. Rohit's film will definitely come on Christmas this year. That much I can assure you", he signs off.

PREVIOUSLY!
    31 actors in the Deewangi Deewangi song is SRK's Om Shanti Om. There was Salman Khan, Sanjay Dutt, Saif Ali Khan, Govinda, Dharmendra, Mithun Chakraborty, Priyanka Chopra, Rani Mukherji, Kajol, Karisma Kapoor, Rekha, Tabu and many others.

And there were 14 actors in Sajid Khan's Houseful 2 --- Malaika Arora Khan to Amrita Arora, Neha Dhupia and 11 heated it up.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report-seventeen-2063775

Mara says thanks.
  18. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  19. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

"The grand announcement of the comeback of Kajol and me together will be done once the casting of whole film is done. "
    http://movies.ndtv.com/bollywood/sh...propriate-heroines-742221?pfrom=home-topstory

Actor Shah Rukh Khan may be the man with all the answers on the sets of his upcoming TV show Sabse Shaana Kaun?, but when faced with a barrage of questions from the media, it is a tougher prospect. From the upcoming Budget to the recent Censor Board developments, Shah Rukh certainly had to think on his feet.

SRK described a question about the Budget, to be presented in Parliament this Saturday, as 'odd.' He said "When people ask about a big thing like Budget to actors, I find it odd. So, I will not talk about it. But yes, having said that, I would listen to it, understand it and I hope it is amazing for the economy of India and we all have to respect that and follow it through and make sure that all of us are diligently and honestly doing what the Budget is."

As for the recent list of words banned by the Censor Board, SRK had suggestions to make. He said, "As far as language and freedom of expression is concerned, I think it varies from film to film. If you have a generic list for everything, it will be strange and difficult to follow. But I think they can make a lot more categories in censorship not just U and UA but a lot more ratings. Parental Guidance, non PG, Strictly Adult etc."

These weren't the only touchy topics that were up for discussion - age, after all, can be a sensitive issue! After reports surfaced that SRK's new leading lady in Fan is model Waluscha De Sousa, SRK was asked if it is finally the age of the age-appropriate heroine. He confirmed that Waluscha is in fact a part of his next fim but emphasised that it's not about being age-appropriate but character-appropriate.

And talking about age appropriate actresses, it seems that Shah Rukh wasn't ready to spill the beans just as yet on his film with Kajol.

SRK said, "The grand announcement of the comeback of Kajol and me together will be done once the casting of whole film is done. I think the process is still on. We have about 10 more days and the whole cast will be out because the film has not been cast yet. I could tell you but I would like to announce Red Chillies films with full cast - technical and otherwise. Right now, the age-appropriate Waluscha is with me."

20. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

Now ToI is claiming Dilwali will be a Marathi film. Does that mean the film will be shot in the Marathi language?:
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...work-on-Marathi-film/articleshow/46429962.cms

SRK-Rohit Shetty begin work on Marathi film
    After giving us a hit film like 'Chennai Express', the actor-director jodi of Shah Rukh Khan and Rohit Shetty is now coming together for a Marathi film.

But that's not all of this exciting bit of news. The movie will be directed by none other than 'Duniyadari' filmmaker Sanjay Jadhav, and while the film is yet to attain a title, the trio has already begun work on the project. Not many details about the film are out yet and the announcement will be made shortly by Shetty's production house.

Sanjay and Rohit's association goes back a long way as the Marathi filmmaker has worked with Shetty in many of his Hindi films as cinematographer.

Seems that this year the audiences will witness some interesting Marathi-Bollywood collaborations, Recently Nana Patekar announced his film first home-production 'Natasamrat' for which he is tying up with actor-director Mahesh Manjrekar. Also, Umesh Kulkarni's upcoming film 'Highway' will see Bollywood actresses Tisca Chopra and Huma Qureshi debuting in Marathi cinema.

Hear SRK and Shetty reveal the title of their next project in the video below.

Also: http://businessofcinema.com/bollywood_news/revealed-shah-rukh-khan-rohit-shettys-film-title/195606

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015