1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Rohit Shetty to get SRK and Kajol together?

Discussion in 'Moviewala' started by Dea, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

It would actually dampen my anticipation if the film has a lot of romance.

2. Rishima62

Rishima62 Defying Gravity

I just hope it is not Aishwarya - but then again - what can I do :p

Mara says thanks.
  3. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

Shetty and romane is like grandma with a shotgun.. let's be reasonable here :rofl: this news is bogus.. i'm sure Kajol is in it, Shahrukh accidentally let us in on that, and i doubt she'd just back off for no apparent reason. this film is just in its early days of discussing and ppl are speculating. let's just wait for Fan and Raees and then worry abt Shetty's film (the least interesting in my opinion)

4. Karan#1

Where did SRK say Kajol's in it?

5. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

i can't remember where i posted the interview in which he says it and immediately tries to change the phrase into smth else :biggrin1: but i did post it somewhere around here.. isn't it in this thread?

6. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

here it is :p

7. Karan#1

He says 'and then I have a film on cards with rohit'...I think the on cards bit might've sounded like kajol to you.

Baree, Rishima62 and Mara thank this.
  8. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

When ToI and NDTV announce this, it seems more believable, as well as around 30 other news sources I googled up which were less reliable. Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi is a classic movie that is available to watch on YouTube here in the US. Shah Rukh would be perfect for the role of the oldest brother.
    I would much rather see Kajol in the part, but after seeing her on the pictures of Comedy Nights, I can see why she would turn down the role. (From 11/13/2014: “Kajol has fractured her foot and is on a cast. All the work commitments has been pushed till she feels fine,” her spokesperson told Pinkvilla.") The poor woman can barely walk, much less do all the cardio exercises/torture required to lose weight to play the role. So we're stuck with "plastic" Ash. If Shahrukh and Shetty can't get a decent performance out of her, no one can.
    http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/aishwarya-rai-srk-in-chalti-ka-naam-gaadi-remake/346956

9. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

If the remake of Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi. is at all like the original, Shah Rukh spends most of the movie angry, with a broken heart, hating women:
    “The eldest brother Brijmohan hates women and doesn't allow any women or pictures of them in his garage unless its an emergency.”
    “Brijmohan and Kamini were in love, but she was married off to Raja Hardayal. Brijmohan is under the impression that she dumped him for a richer man; as a result, he decides that he never wants to associate with women again.”
    “Brijmohan, who is a boxing champion, fights Raja Hardyal Singh's men with the help of his two brothers.”
    More sexy shirtless scenes? :love:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalti_Ka_Naam_Gaadi

Shahrukh has been wanting to play a boxer ever since Bhansali/Kumar turned him down for the part of Mary Korm. (just kidding!):rofl:
    Seriously, he has said that Mohammed Ali has been one of his heroes. His "play room" has a boxing ring at the center and his avatar on Twitter is that of a fighter/ glove-less boxer.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  10. Karan#1

Rohit Shetty denied it's a remake of any film.

Would be interesting too see SRK as a boxer though, he did a good job as a street fighter at the start of HNY.

Mara says thanks.
  11. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

darn. u might be right :rofl: and there i was so convinced!

12. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

Perhaps they're just playing with words. If they "remake" something, don't they have to pay copyright fees? If Shetty adds five car chase sequences and twenty car crashes, then perhaps it's an "adaptation" and not a "remake". :)
    KJo talked about this in a November 25 th article in the Hindustan Times: "Karan Johar says remake is an adaptation, not a copy"

Shah Rukh said in one of his HNY interviews that he was watching some boxing matches and would like to see some scripts where he could play a boxer. I don't like those kinds of films. The blood splattering into the camera makes me sick. But if he's happy......

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  13. sami16

sami16 a fan not a fanboy

It won't be Aishwarya Rai I don't think. She is making a comeback with a Karan Johar directed film releasing June 2016. Since that film has Ranbir Kapoor in it as the main male lead, I assume Karan Johar will sell the film as the 'comeback' of Aishwarya Rai, otherwise the film will carry less hype etc. (Ranbir just doesn't have the massive fan following on the level of the Khans, as of yet, to spark 'big' interest in a film imo)

If it was Kajol, I would have mixed feelings on that. It's like directors are just trying to exploit all that comes with that pair for their own films success. Fair enough, Karan did it in MNIK, but given he was the last person before MNIK to put them together in K3G, he probably had the 'right' to bring them back.

I feel they should leave the Kajol-SRK pairing alone, Baazigar, Karan Arjun, DDLJ, KKHH, K3G, MNIK (as well as the numberous throwbacks in kal ho na ho and Rab ne bana di jodi) were all good films imo and they helped seal their deal as the golden couple.

But I wouldn't mind watching them in a 'Mr and Mrs Smith Bollywood remake' if one report is to be believed, that would be insanely fun :)

If I remember rightly, in a recent video SRK said the Rohit Shetty film had a 'big star cast', suggesting they've already casted the big names, and that the announcement was 6-7 days away. I guess the wait won't be long as the film is meant to start rolling in March for a Christmas release.

Mara says thanks.