1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Robot: Shankar's sci-fi movie cancelled [merged all topics]

Discussion in 'Movies N-S' started by Ghazal_Srk, Aug 4, 2007.

1. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

Re: I am jobless

"So is Shahrukh going the Aamir Khan way of getting involved in every aspect of the film and meddling too much with the script?"

I just don't know what to say..................:tsk:these journos:rant:

2. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

i hope shahrukh can get like 2 films releasing next year

3. DianaDimple

DianaDimple Well-Known Member

Shah Rukh Khan calls off 'Robot' with Shankar

Shah Rukh Khan calls off 'Robot' with Shankar
    25th Oct 2007 09.01 IST
    By Agencies

Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan has reportedly called off Robot with south director Shankar .

There was a lot of talk about the film but now due to creative differences between SRK and Shankar, the two have decided to part ways amicably and are not doing the film together anymore.

The King Khan admits that he will not be doing Robot saying, “Yes, we have called it off. We were not happy with a few things; his take on the film was completely different from mine. We had worked very hard on the film and it is sad that we had to call it off. Both Shankar and I decided that we won’t make it together.”

But SRK maintains that it was a mutual and amicable parting between director Shankar and him.

‘Robot’ was supposed to be a hi-fi, sci-fi flick.

SRK’s next project will be Farhan Akhtar ’s ‘Don 2’, the sequel of Don , which will begin at the end of 2008 and his next release will be Om Shanti Om .

4. meeka

meeka New Member

oh God!! what's going on?? he's cancelling all plans for the movies he was doing next year:confused:

5. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

Re: Shah Rukh Khan calls off 'Robot' with Shankar

thanks for sharing i hope shahrukh can get 2 releases for next year

6. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

ya im thinking the same meeka i hope shahrukh can get 2 releases maybe karan will get his script ready and start shooting this year then maybe because srk isnt doing robot he might do hiranis film lets wait and see

7. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

Re: ShahRukh Khan calls off 'Robot' with Shankar

Why was 'Robo' dropped?

Close on the heels of completing 'Sivaji The Boss’, director Shankar was assigned to direct Shahrukh Khan for a mega –budget movie 'Robo'. The movie was supposed to star Shahrukh Khan and the latter even agreed to produce the movie.
    The latest buzz is that the project has been dropped. Both Shankar and Shahrukh have mutually agreed to pull out of the project.
    When queried the reason, Shahrukh said, "I was impressed with the storyline. I was supposed to act in Shankar's Hindi remake of 'Mudhalvan'. Hence I was keen on doing 'Robo'. Due to some unforeseen circumstances, 'Robo' has been shelved."
    On his part, Shankar said, "I gave the English version of the 'Robo' script to Shahrukh. He liked it very much. Though we decided to do the movie, we could not come to terms with few other things. Hence we decided to pull out of the project."

8. srk-nihal

srk-nihal Winning Hearts

Re: ShahRukh Khan calls off 'Robot' with Shankar

Iam very sad bec this movie was turned down :( It would be great if things worked and they managed to do Robot.

9. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

Re: Shah Rukh Khan calls off 'Robot' with Shankar

i agree aswell nihal i was looking forward to robot but its not happening anymore

10. GemaSRK

GemaSRK Well-Known Member

Why did Shah Rukh drop 'Robot' ?

Why did Shah Rukh drop 'Robot' ?
    Close on the heels of completing 'Sivaji The Boss’, director Shankar was assigned to direct Shahrukh Khan for a mega –budget Hindi movie 'Robot' (pronounced - Robo)...

The movie was supposed to star Shahrukh Khan and the latter even agreed to produce the movie.

The latest buzz is that the project has been dropped. Both Shankar and Shahrukh have mutually agreed to pull out of the project.

When queried the reason, Shahrukh said, "I was impressed with the storyline. I was supposed to act in Shankar's Hindi remake of 'Mudhalvan'. Hence I was keen on doing 'Robot'. Due to some unforeseen circumstances, 'Robot' has been shelved."

On his part, Shankar said, "I gave the English version of the 'Robot' script to Shahrukh. He liked it very much. Though we decided to do the movie, we could not come to terms with few other things. Hence we decided to pull out of the project."

IndiaGlitz.com

11. Sajid

Sajid New Member

SRK - Shankar fizzle out!

It’s official. The much talked about Shankar directing Shah Rukh Khan in Robot produced by the actors Red Chillies productions has turned out to be a non-starter.

The bone of contention is the script of the film. Shankar had given only a one-line script of the film, and SRK found too many loopholes in it and is said to have remarked that it is “half baked”. Shankar is said to have remarked- “a star of Rajnikanth’s stature, had worked with me without interfering in the script!”

Suddenly, both realized that their working style do not match, and has agreed to shake hands, and call of the project. The basic problem with SRK and Shankar was that they are as different as chalk and cheese.

The SRK kind of Hindi commercial cinema, is script driven and there is always something new in it (Chak De), for the multiplex and overseas audiences who form the bulk of the viewers. The Shankar kind of commercial entertainment has its roots in the 70 & 80’s crass fantasy pills of an ordinary good guy turning into a vigilante and fighting the system and the hero’s larger-than-life image is used to make the film work.

The current crop of Bollywood heroes in private make fun of southern heroes and their outlandish dressing and wigs. Ask Anil Kapoor, who will regale you with many Shankar jokes, during the making of Nayak (Mudhalvan, Hindi version), which he says was a frame to frame remake of the original, and it bombed big time!

In hindsight SRK, backed out and plumped for good friend Karan Johar and his new film My name is Khan, a film on how westerners view with suspicion anybody with a Muslim surname, after the 9/11 attacks in US. In a television interview, Shah Rukh said, he is “kicked about Karan’s film, especially after my personal experiences as a Muslim traveler abroad”. In private SRK is said to have said that Robot is nothing but a futuristic vigilante tale!
    http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14550687

12. MarjorieGK

MarjorieGK Ullu-Club-Member

Exactly! How about Poland and Germany this time, ShahRukh?

13. MarjorieGK

MarjorieGK Ullu-Club-Member

Re: Why did Shah Rukh drop 'Robot' ?

Thank you for sharing Gema.
    It's a pity that they won't work together.

14. orenama

orenama New Member

Re: SRK - Shankar fizzle out!

its too bad they didn't agree on the storyline, it would have been good to see srk in sci fi.

15. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

Thank you for sharing! :)

16. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

And Finland too... :p

17. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

well, if this is all true, than I'm quite ok with Shahrukh not doing this film. I trust him to appreciate a good script and looking at his level of success, any film maker would be wise to take in to consideration his suggestions about the story and the script....

18. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

Thank you for sharing! :)

... maybe this opens doors to other exciting things... :) :nod:

19. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

thanks for sharing

20. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

thanks for sharing it wouldve of been good to see but im sure we will get to see more good movies