1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Robot: Shankar's sci-fi movie cancelled [merged all topics]

Discussion in 'Movies N-S' started by Ghazal_Srk, Aug 4, 2007.

1. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

Re: i confused????????

shahrukh is doing robot after om shanti om then maybe raj hiranis film then after that karans film

2. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

Re: Shankar ready for his next venture.

Thank you for sharing, Nihal! :)

3. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Re: Shankar ready for his next venture.

Thanks for sharing... :)

4. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

Re: ShahRukh Khan's 'Robot' set to roll in November

Thank you for sharing! :thumb:

5. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

Re: Robot ,Robot , Robot....Lets Fly...

Thank you for sharing! :)
    Can't wait for more infos... ;) :)

6. Nisha_SRK

Nisha_SRK Ullu-Club-Member

Re: Shah Rukh Khan's 'Robot' set to roll in November

I already can't wait for next year! Thanks for sharing, Nihal! :)

7. starstar

starstar People are not perfect (except when they smile)

Re: ShahRukh Khan's 'Robot' set to roll in November

I'm really glad Shahrukh is acting in "Robot". Given that Shankar is a Tamil director. The fact that Shahrukh is acting in a Tamil film is exciting for me :).

So, is it sure and conformed that Kareena has been chosen to be Shahrukh's leading lady in " Robot"? If yes, that would be really great to see them pairing again, six year after "Asoka" :).

2008 will be Shahrukh' s year :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:. I'm looking forward to it!

8. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

Re: Shah Rukh Khan's 'Robot' set to roll in November

ya im also waiting to watch robot and then hopefully he will make raju hiranis film

9. lara

lara Jodi No.1

I am jobless

‘I am jobless’

Now that Shah Rukh Khan is not doing Shanker's Robot, he says that he's jobless. In characteristic good humour, he adds, “I hope to find work”

Back to Section Stories Posted On Wednesday, October 24, 2007
    [​IMG]

Shah Rukh Khan and South director Shanker are no longer working together. This means that Shah Rukh will no longer be part of the much-publicised and much-awaited film, Robot.

Touted to be a slick, stylised film, Robot had generated a lot of attention from viewers and industrywallahs alike. The film is supposed to go on the floors early next year.

Shanker has earlier made only one Hindi film, Nayak with Anil Kapoor and Robot was supposed to go on the floors by early next year.

Our sources reveal that owing to creative differences, SRK and Shankar have decided to not work together, and needless to say, it's in the best interest of the film.

Shah Rukh says, “Yes, we have called it off. We were not happy with few things, among them being the fact that his take on the film was completely different from mine. We had worked very hard on the film in the last four months and it is sad that we had to call it off. There were certain issues and both Shanker and I decided that we won't make it. It was amicably done and there is no bad blood.”

What next for SRK? “I had taken seven months off for Robot but now I am jobless. Even Rajkumar Hirani's film is not happening. Don 2 will on the floors in 2008 end and so I am pretty jobless for the time being. However, I am sure that I will manage to get some work.”

What about rumours about him doing Dhoom 3? “I am not doing Dhoom 3. I don't know why people keep on saying that I am doing it. As for Don 2, it will start in 2008 end as Farhan is currently producing 3-4 films and it's their baby, they are the producers, not me.”

As for Om Shanti Om (OSO), he says, “I think today films should be made with a little more logic. That's when we decided to make a film about the '70s. That way we could have our dose of songs and dance. You will see lot of dialogue like `Mujhe Bhagwaan ke liye chod do', etc. We also have the dialogue like, `Beta maine tere liye kheer banai hai'.”

Source:http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmp...0&contentid=2007102420071024024120390de2a2886

10. semaay

semaay Senior Member

Re: I am jobless

Oh, no, that is some sad news! After the cancellation of Hirani's project and S. Kunder's Joker, I was really hoping and looking forward to this one. Yes, in a sense, our sweetie seems to be "jobless" at the moment (hey, we have one thing in common - at last :D).
    I mean DON 2 and Karan's next won't happen before end of 2008. I hope he gets an interesting sript/project for which he can shoot asap!! I do not want to wait for another release one year or even longer (as it happened between Paheli and KANK) - imagine what a nightmare that would be :eek:.

Thanks Laurenzia :thumb:

11. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

He's soo cute!:p:kiss:

But I seriously have to stopped getting so excited about these films with all the cancellations.:eek:

Thanks.:)

12. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Oh no, we don't want a long break between films. Even waiting for CDI to release was torture.

However.. I do need a new assistant at work. If he really needs a job, I will be more than happy to help out! :D

13. clochette

clochette New Member

Oh.... I am dying of curiosity (well, not really...) what exactly the differences in the take on the film were. I am almost sure it has to do with the script... It was not without reason that ShahRukh spoke about this issue on the summit.
    Mmmmhhh, he did not Joker because of the script (I guess), he did not Hirani because of the producer VVChopra (I guess), now he is not doing Robot. And what is with Vaswani's film?

14. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

I kind of wish he would take some of this time off to rest, but knowing Shah Rukh, that's not going to happen!:p

15. srkandrea

srkandrea srkandrea

i dont think he wont work for seven month. thats a quite long time for him. there must be another movie in mind. and what about kbc....didnt he made the second round of it??? but good that he has a long time to spent for himself and his family

16. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

... he could visit his fans.... :D;) :):) ;)

17. starstar

starstar People are not perfect (except when they smile)

Nooo... That' s really a bad news :(! Especially that I was looking really forward for Shahrukh- Shankar collaboration in "Robot. It very sad they can't make it.

But, at the same time, if there were some points they couldn't agree on, then, maybe that's a good thing that they took this decision.
    It's better than doing the film and ending up arguing, working in a bad atmosphere, and finally deciding to stop the film after the work is half-way done.

Moreover, Shahrukh said this decision was taken in an amicable way. So... It's a good thing. But, still... I would have loved to see the collaboration between both of then. Maybe; it will be for a next time :).

Poor Shahrukh is now jobless. Poor Sweetoo.
    All I would like to tell him is: take maximum rest for these few months and don't loose hope :p.

I'm sure Shahrukh will soon find some work to do. He's not King Khan for noting, after all :thumb:

18. roopesh1986

roopesh1986 KiNG KhAn Fanatic

ohhhh yes Gud News WooT WooT..I don't wanna Shahrukh to act like a Robot :D
    Thanks a lot laurenzia for the information:)
    N DoN 2 Wowwwwwwwww Don 2 will on the floors in 2008
    damm waiting for it Promos:)
    Thanks again laurenzia:)

19. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Oh no :( I'm mostly disappointed to hear that maybe he won't be doing a film for a while.. If he doesn't come up with a new project very soon, it will look like he won't have a release next year! I'm sorry for being selfish, but I don't want that! The waiting is too much! :( Although, I must admit, I'm much more disappointed about Idiots and even Joker not working out than this particular film...

20. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

SRK not doing Robot due to creative differences with director

SRK not doing Robot due to creative differences with director

Shahrukh Khan is currently promoting his home production Om Shanti Om which is all set for a Diwali release. Apart from that it seems that several projects have fallen through for this big star. There was a lot of talk about south director Shankar’s film Robot starring SRK. However due to creative differences between the director and Shahrukh, the two have decided to part ways amicably and are not doing the film together anymore.

Shahrukh admits that he will not be doing Robot; he says “Yes, we have called it off. We were not happy with a few things; his take on the film was completely different from mine. We had worked very hard on the film and it is sad that we had to call it off. Both Shanker and I decided that we won’t make it together.” But SRK maintains that it was a mutual and amicable parting between director Shanker and him. Apart from that Shahrukh was also supposed to do Rajkumar Hirani’s film but will not be doing it due to various problems . So now Shahrukh has a few months free, in his witty humour he says “I am pretty jobless for the time being. However I am sure that I will manage to get some work.”

There have also been rumours that Shahrukh will be doing Dhoom 3, but he says “I am not doing Dhoom 3.” Shahrukh’s next project will be Farhan Akhtar’s Don 2 which will begin at the end of 2008. Robot was supposed to be a hi-fi, sci-fi flick. Recently Shahrukh had supposedly also asked Shirish Kunder to make some changes in his film script, but this did not go down well with the director and he and SRK supposedly had a huge showdown. SRK then opted out of the film and Shirish approached Akshay Kumar who agreed to do the film. So it seems that lately SRK has been having a lot of creative differences with his directors. So is Shahrukh going the Aamir Khan way of getting involved in every aspect of the film and meddling too much with the script?

http://www.bollywoodmantra.com/1768...ue-to-creative-differences-with-director.html