1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Robot: Shankar's sci-fi movie cancelled [merged all topics]

Discussion in 'Movies N-S' started by Ghazal_Srk, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Ghazal_Srk

Ghazal_Srk Active Member

I can never look like a hunk'

Bollywood’s current reignman Shahrukh Khan shares his dreams unlimited with AT

Big screen heartbreaker, badshah of brands, doting dad and businessman - Shahrukh Khan seems comfortable in most real life roles he has to play.

While most of his counterparts have been courting Hollywood, Shahrukh has been adding finishing touches to his films (Shimit Amin’s Chak De! India and Farah Khan’s Om Shanti Om), has just come home with a French honour (Officier dans l’ Ordre des Arts des Lettres - a first for an Indian actor), will have his statue installed at French Graven Museum in Paris very soon and might even get to meet Queen Elizabeth for the London premiere of a film.

The man who’s always in news, comes out of his self-imposed exile (he makes public appearances only when a movie is about to release or he has to promote a brand he’s endorsing) and in an interview with AT, he admits that after doing “a lot of work in the last decade because my heart said ‘yes’ and I’m no longer in the phase where I do a film because it has action or romance.

The script decides things for me.” In his newest flick, Shahrukh even moves away from his larger-than-life image, and works with 16 newcomers. “Even after 18 years in the profession, I learnt a lot from the newcomers - their rawness, desire to work hard and passion to excel touches you.

And contrary to reports in the media, director Shimit (Amin) and I had no fallout - I’ve known him since our Asoka days, he’s very bright,” he says.

While most of B-town’s superstars have little business sense, SRK is reported to have sold the worldwide rights of OSO for a whopping Rs 75 crore, is in talks with Anuradha Prasad to co-produce TV shows and has mega plans for the Red Chillies VFX wing.

I wish I was getting that amount for OSO, though I admit that thanks to the many avenues, like satellite and music rights, producers get to earn more money from films. In 2004, Main Hoon Na opened to Rs 5 crore, today most films make more money than that in the first weekends. As for TV, Anu is an old friend and she wants me to produce a show for her TV channel. So I have asked my Red Chillies team to make a presentation in November about TV shows and we’ll take it from there.”

SRK who’d once planned a film studio in Mumbai sounds disheartened when he says “that’s not happening anymore. Land’s very expensive in Mumbai and I can’t afford it. I am very satisfied with the VFX and we at Red Chillies have been doing (Main Hoon Na, Paheli, Don, Honeymoon Travels, Jhoom Barabar Jhoom, OSO, Chak De) -we are just about breaking even and aren’t in the profit mode yet.

I want to attract work for us from outside. The problem is that final VFX assimilation in India works out to be very expensive and needs visualisers. I am planning a film with Shankar and we’ll be looking at lots of VFX for that. I want to give back to the industry by improving the quality of special effects.”

SRK claims he owes his new trim avatar to “a regular workout regime to combat a nagging backpain and to please son Aryan. I can never look like a hunk, but being fit helps. I didn’t lose weight for a film, it just happened over a period of time.” As talk veers to his relationship with Amitabh Bachchan, SRK confesses that he’s no longer “upset with idle gossip anymore.

There never was any friction between us. Recently Mr Bachchan sent me a branded jacket after I won the French award and I sent him one too. We keep interacting with each other. There never has been any awkwardness between us.”

Once the greasepaint comes off, SRK likes to read, play football with friends, play games on his laptop, teach his children, attend their sports/annual day functions and plans his work schedule “according to their vacation.” On his wishlist are: “a happy, healthy life for my children, lots of good work for me, the latest i-phone, some land for my studio and more hours in a day.

Otherwise I am fairly content, reasonably well-paid and think God’s been partial to me. Amen to that.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/A...ow/2255219.cms

2. Ghazal_Srk

Ghazal_Srk Active Member

Re: Robot

Tuesday July 31, 04:00 AM After Sivaji, Shankar ropes in SRK for Robot
    By IBNLive.com

New Delhi: If you thought southern filmmaker Shankar went big with superstar Rajinikanth in the recently-released Sivaji, it only gets bigger and better.

This time, it is target Shah Rukh Khan and he won’t be running around trees romancing the ladies.

Said to be Shankar’s dream project, it’s a sci-fi film, titled Robot, that will have Shah Rukh playing the lead.

So impressed was Shah Rukh with Shankar’s project, that he offered to produce the film under his banner, Red Chillies Entertainment.

Though Shankar is being tight-lipped about the project, we know that he’s spending every waking minute working out the finer details of the project and Robot will officially go on the floors in four months’ time.

And while the filmmaker busies himself with his dream venture, Shah Rukh’s got his hands full at the moment with the upcoming film Chak De India in which he plays a coach to a girls hockey team.

As Chak De India promos keep up the buzz on King Khan, we’re sure very soon a bit of the Robot zing will take over. After all, the Baadshah of Bollywood doesn’t stay out of news for long. So keep watching this space for more.

3. Ghazal_Srk

Ghazal_Srk Active Member

Shankar announced it in Chennai that it is going to Srk in the lead.

http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotn...072007-7.shtml

SRK bags Robot, Shankar's next

Shobha Warrier

July 30, 2007 15:06 IST
    After directing the King of Tamil cinema, Rajnikanth [Images], director Shankar is all set to direct the King of Bollywood. Yes, Shankar's next film is going to be in Hindi with none other than Shah Rukh Khan [Images].

Directing Rajnikanth in Sivaji The Boss, and fulfilling the expectations of the superstar's fans was one of the toughest assignments for Shankar, and he has come out successfully.

Even when his films broke one box office record after another, Shankar carried with him a dream, a dream to make a science fiction. But that had to be a magnum opus and could not be done in a regional language, even though a Tamil film like Sivaji grossed crores of rupees at the box office.

After reports of Kamal Haasan [Images] and then Hrithik Roshan [Images] leading the cast of Shankar's science fiction, Robot, it is Shah Rukh Khan who has now bagged the role. Incidentally, Robot will be produced by SRK [Images] himself, under his Red Chillies Entertainment banner.

From his very first film Gentleman to Sivaji, Shankar has shown his obsession with one story idea -- a lone man fighting the corrupt system. In one way or the other, corruption and other ills of society form the crux of all his films.

Will Robot also fight the corrupt system? Time will tell.

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2007/jul/30srk.htm

4. Ghazal_Srk

Ghazal_Srk Active Member

Shankar to direct Shahrukh: confirmed news

After the hard work he put in for 'Sivaji,' Shankar went abroad for a holiday and recently returned to Chennai. There was lot of speculation in Kodambakkam of what his next film would be and who the hero would be. There's an answer to that now.
    Shankar moves to Bollywood to direct a Hindi film 'Robot' with Shahrukh Khan as hero. After the Hindi re-make of 'Mudhalvan,' this is the 2nd Hindi film that Shankar is directing. This information has been given by Shankar's office.
    The producer of 'Robot' has decided to also release the film in Tamil and Telugu at the same time. 'Robot' is being produced by Red Chillies Entertainment.

http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotn...072007-7.shtml

5. filmifan

filmifan bhangraholic nattu

Aishwarya offered part in Shankar/SRK film?

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmp...0&contentid=2007081020070810025310250369dc0b6

Glowing with work!

Aishwarya Rai to play the lead in Pink Panther 2. And yes, husband Abhishek refutes reports of her pregnancy

With a packed shooting schedule, Aishwarya Rai is certainly not prepared to start a family so soon. In fact, her Hollywood career seems to be looking up with her having signed MGM's Pink Panther 2.

"It is not true at all," says Abhishek Bachchan refuting reports about his actress wife Aishwarya Rai's pregnancy. Aishwarya, in fact, is going to be very busy shooting for the next two years. Just after completing the shooting of Sarkar Raj, the actress will fly to Europe for her third Hollywood venture which is a sequel to Hollywood blockbuster Pink Panther. It is also reported that the actress will be playing the female lead opposite Steve Martin. The film also has Andy Garcia and Alfred Molina in it.

Aishwarya's business manager Hari Singh says, "She has a very tight shooting schedule coming up. She has finished dubbing for Ashutosh Gowarikar's Jodha Akbar. She is currently shooting for Ramgopal Varma's Sarkar Raj which she wraps up on August 31 and then flies to Europe to shoot for her Hollywood film.

Ash has always believed in doing one or two films at a time. She plans to complete one project and then start the next project. She returns to shoot for another film in the month of January. She already has 16 producers waiting to sign her. She has been listening to narrations and having story sittings. She also has an offer from south director Shankar for his Hindi film Robot that has ShahRukh Khan in the lead. But we are still in talks with him."

It is learnt that Ash will start shooting for a film that stars her husband Abhishek Bachchan to be directed by Tarun Mansukhani for Karan Johar's Dharma Productions early next year.

She also has Popcorn Entertainment's film that will go on floor by the end of this year.

6. tshanks2004

tshanks2004 New Member

Re: Aishwarya offered part in Shankar/SRK film?

SRK's Robot in Times Of India August 10 th , Bangalore Times

Attached Files:

7. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

We will see what's true.... :)

Thanks for sharing! :thumb:

8. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Oh heyal mother freaking nooo!!!:mad:

Thanks Joelette.:)

9. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

oh lord.... :doh: im sorry ash fans, but im hoping she's not in the film

10. filmifan

filmifan bhangraholic nattu

i was curious to see what reactions would be. :D

can't say i'm too thrilled at the possibility myself; it looks to me like her schedule is too busy anyway.

11. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Lol!:p

God I hope so!!:pray:

12. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

I must confess, I love to see her dancing.... :eek: :eek:
    I think she is very good.... :nod:
    But more.... don't know... :rolleyes: :noidea:

But, as I said before... let's wait and see.... :)

13. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

it would be good to see her with shahrukh after a long time as brita said lets wait and see

14. dilos

dilos Well-Known Member

15. Chicken

Chicken ♥ ♥

Yep... just my thought !!! :p

All I can say is... PLEASE... anybody but Ash !!! :fear:

Only reading the Thread title scared the living crap out of me. :scared: :scared: :scared:

16. luxia

luxia I'm demented...

Hopefully she'll be too busy in Hollywood....

17. Links

Links SRK is in my Heart

oh god NO!
    i soo hope that she wont be able to be in this movie!
    she really pisses me off. Like i can watch her moviez BUT not wish SRK. They dont match AT ALL!!ARGH!

18. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

I doubt she'll take the offer. she is 3 months pregnant! this is fresh news right out of the oven you are first to know, it has not been in the press yet.

19. Flowergirl

Flowergirl Ullu-Club-Member

She really is :eek:
    Thanks for the information, Wafa

20. dilos

dilos Well-Known Member

AAA wafa how can you be so quick..so what will happen to the world tour..