1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Rediff: Swinging to Don

Discussion in 'Don Music Review' started by serenity, Sep 29, 2006.

1. serenity

serenity New Member

Okay, Farhan Akhtar’s Don has got me.

Yes, I liked the original Amitabh Bachchan one. But there’s something about the new one that makes it different, and ultra stylish.

And the more I watch Morya Re and Main Hoon Don on television, the more I’m drawn to the film.

It’s not only Shah Rukh Khan or the slick promos that caught my attention. It’s also the brilliant music.

I spent last weekend listening to the soundtrack, and I think Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy have done a great job. Of course, some of you may not agree, as is quite evident from the message board we published.

I especially loved Aaj Ki Raat, which sounds very sensuous, thanks to Alisha Chinai, Mahalaxmi and Sonu Nigam.

Main Hoon Don is very stylishly sung, very Shaan, and the Don theme track is terrific.

Khaike Paan Banaraswala, by Udit Narayan, is fine. The first time I heard it, I was unimpressed. I totally love the original Kishore Kumar song. But it tends to grow on you. Eventually, I didn’t mind it.

The song that left me very disappointed was Yeh Mera Dil. It sounds very average, the kind of song that remains in the background.

The disappointment increased tenfold when I saw the song on TV. Kareena Kapoor looks awesome, but the dance was much too fast, too ordinary. Certainly not half as sensuous as Helen’s original dance.

But Farhan’s got me tapping to his beat. Hope the movie is just as good.

Posted by Ronjita Kulkarni

2. reemal

reemal New Member

The song that left me very disappointed was Yeh Mera Dil

:eek: :eek: :eek: I :heart: :heart: :heart: Yeh mera dil !

3. serenity

serenity New Member

sometimes I can't understand other people's taste :rolleyes: the soundtrack is simply amazing.

4. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

hey i love ye mera dil..its the best for me:thumb:

5. killall20200

killall20200 New Member

aaj ki raat one of the best songs of don

6. cmreeves

cmreeves Well-Known Member

please stop spamming. You could have put that all into one post.

7. Evy

Evy Well-Known Member

Kallall 20200

stop spamming the threads !!!

8. Priyanka

Priyanka New Member

i think the soundtrack is awsome