1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Ranbir in, SRK out of 'Two States'

Discussion in '2 States (Two States)' started by mumbiene, Oct 11, 2011.

1. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Ranbir in, SRK out of 'Two States'
    IndiaGlitz [Monday, October 10, 2011]
    Grapevines of late are going on that the Badshah Shahrukh Khan has been replaced by youngistan dude Ranbir Kapoor in the much-talked project 'Two States', produced by Sajid Nadiadwala.
    The film, which is an adaptation of Chetan Bhagat's bestseller of same title, was earlier reported to be directed by Vishal Bharadwaj. It was supposed to be the first movie which brings together the talented filmmaker and King Khan. However, there seems to be change of plans and now Karan Johar will be taking on the production department along with Nadiadwala.
    It is said that due to some reasons Bharadwaj put 'Two States' on hold and instead started to work on a comedy, starring Ajay Devgn and Anushka Sharma in lead. Following this Karan approached Sajid to co-produce the project. This would be first time that Karan�s banner is joining hands with other production house - yeah, keeping out the fact that SRK's banner Red Chillies Entertainment has always been friendly collateral with KJo's movies.
    If all works as said, then this will be Ranbir's second movie under Karan's Dharma Productions after 'Wake Up Sid'.
    'Two States' is about a love story between a Punjabi boy and Tamil girl. How they fight the odds and get married forms the crux of the story.
    http://www.indiaglitz.com//channels/hindi/article.asp?aid=71872

relaxxx says thanks.
  2. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

big deal :rolleyes:
    SRK himself said ages ago now that he & vb have decided to go with something different.

3. precious_ain

precious_ain Well-Known Member

http://reviews.in.88db.com/index.ph...924-ranbir-replaces-shahrukh-khan-in-2-states

Ranbir replaces Shahrukh Khan in 2 states

[​IMG]

Earlier the speculation about the 2 states book adaptation to movie was about the change in the female lead. But now the male protagonist goes for a change in cast.

Shahrukh Khan was supposed to star in this romantic movie, which is to be directed by Vishal Bharadwaj. To be produced by Sajid Nadiadwala alongside Karan Johar, the movie which is an adaption of Chetan Bhagat book '2 states' that talks about the story of two lovers – north Indian guy &south Indian girl.

Karan Johar informs media, "Abhishek Varman who assisted me on My Name Is Khan and is now creative director on Student Of The Year has written a simple and fantastic adaptation of Two States. Sajid has the rights of the book and we are in discussions about an association."

Sajid confirms, "Karan and I are in talks to produce a film together. He approached me but nothing has been finalised as yet. What gives me a high is that if the Marriage between the two production companies do happen, it won't be for financial reasons but pure creativity where the intention is to produce a good film."

Now we wonder who will play the elading lady. Earlier it was Priyanka Chopra who replaced Asin to play the love interest of SRK. But now that Piggy Chops is doing Barfee with Ranbir and the pair was criticized for the romantic film Anjaana Anjaani we wonder will the couple be coming together for this romantic film.