1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

'Ramu wanted me to play Gabbar'

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by Wafa, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

With the New Year's festivities behind him, the King Khan gears up for yet another go at the BO with some real big 'uns lined up.

SRK is back. Not that he had gone anywhere beyond New York to shoot for friend Karan Johar's Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna. "I can safely say that we had a chilled time out there, thanks to the gloomy weather.

Frankly, shooting for a love story is not so hard. Shooting for Paheli was difficult, because we had to film in Rajasthan. We had to wear costumes, a moustache and get into that mindset.

But here we we're all friends who got together after a long time. Karan and I are great friends and we're back together after Kal Ho Na Ho," says SRK.

...For a man who insists only on working with 'friends', where does the attraction lie? "One is attracted to people.

You cannot work with people you're not attracted to in life. If you're in the office and you hate everyone, you won't be able to work. For the kind of work we do, we won't be able to do justice to a lot of scenes if we hate each other," he says.

So it's okay to be attracted to beautiful women? "It depends on what you think cheating really is. I'm not that honest a guy," is SRK's take.

But if he likes to keep his friends around him, why is his partner Aziz Mirza working with Salman? "Azizji's film was supposed to be shot in America, almost from beginning to end.

...He had mentioned it to me and I was keen to do it, but I was supposed to shoot for this film for three months and then I'm doing another movie in Malaysia for two-and-a-half months.

Even Farah's film has a 40-day outdoors in Vegas. It's a lot of time away from the family. And I am not ready for American citizenship just yet. I still have to win the Oscar for India."

As SRK gets inside Big B's shoes in Don, why didn't he pitch for the Sholay remake too? "I was not offered Sholay.

If Ramu had offered me Sholay, I would've done that too. Actually, when Ramu told me about Sholay, he wanted me to play Gabbar Singh. That was three years ago. But it's not like I turned it down. Talks never went beyond that stage."

2. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

So it's okay to be attracted to beautiful women? "It depends on what you think cheating really is. I'm not that honest a guy," is SRK's take

hmm. I'll keep that in mind next time I meet him :wink: :wink: :angel: :p

3. filmifan

filmifan bhangraholic nattu

he reaaaaaally shouldn't say things like that and give us hope. :nono: :D

4. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

LOL I Know.. now I'm getting ideas in my nattu head :p :p

5. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Lol, thanks Wafa.:smile:

6. kanika

kanika New Member

no wonder u r the queen nattu. back off

7. Rachell

Rachell New Member

:nono:

:director: Get in the line girls

8. Geeta

Geeta Active Member

Thanks for sharing Wafa!

Oi, but I thought Ram Gopal Varma always had something against Shah Rukh's acting?? Or am I very very VERY wrong now?