1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Ram Jaane -- the Movie

Discussion in 'Raam Jaane' started by Meghna04, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

Ram Jaane

Year: 1995
    Cast: Shahrukh Khan, Juhi Chawla, Vivek Mushran, Pankaj Kapoor, Puneet, Deven Verma & Amrit P
    Producer: Parvesh Mehra
    Director: Rajiv Mehra
    Music Director: Anu Malik
    (Asian Paints Star Screen Award - Best Actor -Shah Rukh Khan)

Synopsis

He Is a nameless street urchin. Whenever someone asks him his name, the answer comes forthwith - 'RAM JAANE'! (God knows). Murli is his friend and Bela is his love. In course of time, Ram Jaane (Shahrukh Khan) becomes a criminal & is jailed. Murli (Vivek Mushran) turns out to be a moral custodian of the street urchins. His 'Apna Ghar' becomes a home for the homeless. When RJ comes out of jail, Murli forcibly brings him to 'Apna Ghar', hoping that he would be able to reform him. However what cheers RJ is his proximity to Bela (Juhi Chawla) here. Though Bela is only being friendly towards him, RJ mistakes it for love, not knowing that Bela loves Murli. Murli is aware of RJ's passion for Bela so he in turn hides his feelings from her, and pretends not to love her. The presence of RJ affects the children in a manner Murli hadn't foreseen. RJ's easy and glamourous life style is prodding the boys to follow his path. They all start imitating him. While trying to save Murli's 'Apna Ghar' from corrupt land developers, a crime is accidently committed by RJ which also involves two boys from 'Apna Ghar'. and leaving one of the resident boys Poltu dead. Murli blames RJ for the tragedy and they part company. However, Murli forces Bela to continue seeing RJ as she is the only one who could reform him and induce meaning into his life. Bela can reform RJ, but for the wily ways of the villians (Gulshan Grover, Pankaj Kapoor, Punit Issar), who insinuate that Murli is responsible for training criminals in 'Apna Ghar' for RJ's gang. All the financial aid stops coming to Murli for 'Apna Ghar'. The children are starving, but then suddenly arrives a lakh of rupees cash. Murli knows from where the money has come from. He confronts RJ and finally the daggers are drawn between friends....

Songs from Ram Jaane:

Song: Ala la la long pela love song
    Singer/s: Udit Narayan & Chorus
    Music Director/s: Anu Malik
    Lyricst: Anand Bakshi

Song: Bum chiki chiki bum
    Singer/s: Udit Narayan, Sadhana Sargam, Abhijeet & Chorus

Song: Chori chori o gori
    Singer/s: Udit Narayan, Sadhana Sargam & Chorus

Song: Phenk hawa mein ek chumma
    Singer/s: Abhijeet & Anupama

Song: Pump up the bhangra
    Singer/s: Bali Brahmbhatt

Song: Ram jaane
    Singer/s: Udit Narayan, Alka Yagnik, Sonu Nigam & Chorus

2. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

thanks for posting this one yaar!!! this is one of my favs!!! i thought his acting here was his best! i mean his walk, the talk, the attitude.... he pulled it off! anyone have a fav scene from the film? i love it when he bites his lip after he is introduced to juhi for the first time after he gets out of jail... thats a classic!

3. Astri

Astri New Member

I agree with you Sonal. Star screen awards was right chose him for best actor. He looks so wild in that movie, just like a real orphan who's been growing up on the street.

4. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

Ram Jaane, based on the Hollywood film Angels With Dirty Faces, is the story of a street urchin who is called Ram Jaane (God knows) since no one knows his real name. While Ram Jaane is lewd and violent, his friend Murli represents the goodness in humanity, and his childhood friend Bela is innocent, caught in between the two poles of morality. In the course of time, Ram Jaane (Shah Rukh Khan) becomes a criminal and Murali (Vivek Mushran) turns out to be a moral custodian of the street urchins.

His Apna Ghar becomes a house for the homeless. When Ram Jaane comes out of the jail, Murli forcibly brings him to Apna Ghar hoping to reform him. However, what cheers RJ is the proximity of Bela (Juhi Chawla) after whom he lusts, being incapable of love. Though Bela is only being friendly towards him, Ram Jaane mistakes it for reciprocated love, not knowing that Bela loves Murli. Murli is aware of Ram Jaane's passion for Bela so he hides his feelings for her and pretends not to love her.

The presence of Ram Jaane in the basti affects the children in a manner Murli hadn't foreseen. Ram Jaane's flamboyant lifestyle begins tempting the young boys to follow in his footsteps and they start idolizing and imitating him.

To save the basti from the land-grabbing villains (Gulshan Grover, Pankaj Kapoor, Puneet Issar), Ram Jaane commits a crime, in the process involving two of the destitute boys. This invites the wrath of the police and unleashes a chain of events that costs the life of one of the basti children, Poltu.

Murli blames Ram Jaane for the tragedy and they part company. However, Murli forces Bela to continue to see Ram Jaane as she is the only one who can reform him. Bela may have been successful in reforming Ram Jaane, but for the wily ways of the villains. It is alleged that Murli is training criminals in Apna Ghar for Ram Jaane's gang and all financial aid to the project is stopped. The children begin to stray when one lakh rupees arrive in cash.

Murli knows from where the money has come, and he confronts Ram Jaane and finally the daggers are drawn between friends. Bela saves Murli from Ram Jaane's violence by revealing Murli's sacrifice of her for Ram Jaane's sake. Ram Jaane is angry when he learns that Bela does not actually love him and all hope for his reformation is lost. But even in dying, he accepts Murli's plea not to die in such a way as to become a martyr and hero to the children and does his final act of service to those around him.

5. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

thanks didi...he was almost like a martyr... although no one was able to understand him until the end...it was so sad!

Astri = thanks for that bit...didnt know that...but i think he should have won something for this film

6. Astri

Astri New Member

Oh yes, he won in Screen Award, but he didnt attend the function. A woman received the award for him. Not sure, it's Gauri or not. It's too fast.

7. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

really? man i wanna see that!! :)

8. ariadne

ariadne New Member

Dil Se and Ram Jaane are my favorite Films with SRK. His work in this movie is great, the modulation of his voice, the pain and anger and his own way to show his love and friendship, his hole acting is great.
    For me its a must see film.

9. Astri

Astri New Member

I cant help, coz I cant convert DVD to computer's format file. Sorry....:( Maybe Rajjo can help. I gave one to her.

10. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

aww its ok astri...

11. roya20

roya20 New Member

It was a very beautiful movie.

12. Heba

Heba Active Member

I want to say that I watched this movie without subtitles and I can't understand Hindi at all but I cried a lot in Ram Jaane song I sensed his sadness, anger, and fear very much in this song. This movie is unbelievable really I enjoyed it a lot without understanding a word

13. 1Feyenoord

1Feyenoord Member

Hmm not a very good movie. SRK never overacted more than here...lol

14. sanusandhu

sanusandhu Ullu-Club-Member

I think it is usually director's mistake if actor overacts. Director is supposed to keep eye on character's development..SRK acted as he was supposed to as a gunda with good heart...

15. Alana

Alana New Member

Mh....I don't think that he overacted. I think it's the personality from RamJaane.
    But I agree with sanusandhu, the director says how he has to play.

BUt for me RamJaane is a very good movie. I really like it, exspecially the end..my fav dying scene. I mean the whole time he's egoistic and has no concience. But at the end he does the first time something for others and says sorry. I really love that movie....

16. ravi_0605

ravi_0605 New Member

great to see the man in a tapori kind of a role . he simply rocks

17. SIXPAK GQ

SIXPAK GQ New Member

i love this movie

saala khalaas......
    so entertaining

especially the court scene......

18. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

this movie is my all time faviourite srk did an amazing job his acting was brilliant star screen were right to give him an award and i really think he deserved a lot more awards for this performance especially the national award great film great acting my fav scene is when srk is introduced first takes his hat off and then standing up all go on all day it was a fabulous movie and performance. thanks for posting

19. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

I've finally seen this. OMG, what a punch at the end when he pretends to be scared of his execution so the kids won't worship him anymore. Its such a tragic story and srk does it all beautifully. When he finds out that Bela (Juhi)doesn't really love him, but is only trying to reform him - wow he expresses grief with no pulling back, its a whole body experience.

Shahrukh rules!! I just can't get enough of him.

20. SIXPAK GQ

SIXPAK GQ New Member

much like the Saddam execution.....saddam didnt give a f**k either about the people around him........